On the Upcoming Lore Book

What.
Citations.

Edit: if you purchase the lie to the player books, you veto any right to complain about the story and how they treat your favorite stuff, be that gilneas or the emerald dream.

Edit: if you purchase the lie to the player books, you veto any right to complain about the story and how they treat your favorite stuff, be that gilneas or the emerald dream.

? I don’t plan on buying the new book, but to say that is a tad ridiculous.

1 Like

If you purchase those books you’re telling them that you agree with their story decision making.

I know, thats why I buy so many books.

Do you remember when Blizzard said the Chronicles was “the retcon to end all retcons”? How long did that last?

Recontextualize
 using retcons.

2 Likes

Vaguely. I mainly remember saying it was going to be their go to lore book going forward.

They went against that really quick. I’m not saying this to shame or disparage, I mean to help. While what you do with your money is your business, I personally think buying lore books is a waste when the lore keeps getting changed. Maybe there’s something else you like about them, and I’m not attacking that, I’m just giving my two cents (pun intended).

I like them for the art and the lore tidbits. Most of which doesn’t get changed

2 Likes

And honestly, this was how it always was. That there was no “be all, end all” lore. That there was always a caveat emptor that lore can be changed to fit what they wanted to do for the game. Which even Metzen used as his stance.

Personally, I think people should buy the books because for the most part they are fun/have nice little tidbits of information/just entertaining.

1 Like

Wowpedia exists, friendo.

Yes it does.

You don’t have to reward blizzard for lying to you to experience the things you listed.

I’m rewarding myself. That’s all. I don’t really need other peoples opinions on how I spend my own money

Alright well if blizzard doesn’t give you gilneas, you’ve no one to blame but yourself. You’ve told them you love the status quo. That’s all these books are about.

It’s a book bud. About dragons. Relax. Gilneas isn’t that important to this book.

tbh I grab them as much for all the cool art as anything else. The dragon depictions we have previews of so far are really neat.

3 Likes

I love the books for the cool art also. Some of the drawings are amazing in my opinion