On the subject of Void Elves

That’s what I think and have been saying since the void elves were created!

That would be defective whatever Silvermoon blood elves cause, from the point of lore and familiarity with the alliance!

1 Like

100% agree with you there.

But they are a noble, brave and loyal race to whom their friendship is won! the orc have conquered this friendship before all! Lucky of the orcs!

Infused with unholy energies, comes from Silveremoon, unpredictable!
Loyal to Alleria ( ? ) and not alliance! Reliable! Until when?
Never trust a Silvermoon blood elf!

1 Like

I kinda wish we would have gotten the broken (corrupted/devolved draenei) instead of void elves. It’d give an “ugly” race to alliance (no idea what their females would look like, though…), and they could be a variety of classes from shaman to warlock.

3 Likes

The most bizarre thing about void belves is that the reputation that is required to have one on your account is linked to a group of draenei, in another world, with which void belves don’t even have any contact before, during or after legion, because they just show up in BfA!

Everything related to void belves, seems to have been done in the most desperate improvisation!

1 Like

Did someone say void elves?

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/d49b0aed-55f6-494d-baac-336d708034a0/dd23o3f-acea9e03-c810-41b3-aa41-c31cd179a63c.png/v1/fill/w_782,h_1022,strp/void_elf_trade_by_faebelina_dd23o3f-pre.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTMzOCIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2Q0OWIwYWVkLTU1ZjYtNDk0ZC1iYWFjLTMzNmQ3MDgwMzRhMFwvZGQyM28zZi1hY2VhOWUwMy1jODEwLTQxYjMtYWE0MS1jMzFjZDE3OWE2M2MucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEwMjQifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ.cuAotfmpmsgvqDAfKJNNp3jn_iuEN0FVa_9vxzTutRA

5 Likes

I prefer the Star-Spawn elves. Atleast they’re unique, unlike High Elves.

3 Likes

WIth the Horde, In terms of exiling the Void Elves, they were exiled when they were still Blood / High Elves, by Rommath - Because Rommath alone decided they were too much of a threat to the Sunwell.
The Void does appear to be a threat as we saw with Alleria, but only when very near the Sunwell. Rommath however, doesn’t even want direct study of the void and embarking of the Void anywhere in the entire Kingdom of Quel’Thalas (- He’s taking no chances that one.) After the events of the recruitment Questline he’s managed to weave Lor’Themar over to his side with this decision.
All the Blood Elf Rogues that embrace void and/or shadow to enhance their abilities, Sin’Dorei Warlocks that embrace the shadows and the Elven Shadowpriests are still obviously cannon, but I’d imagine they’re essentially a ‘Secret Society’ hiding their true powers from Rommath (That or Lor’Themar states if Rommath so much as looks at their ‘Hero’ wrong, he’ll shave his hair - Obviously an Elves worse nightmare) - Honestly I’d love if they played a questline unique to those race-class combos to address such, but who knows what the future holds.

As for the Alliance, I believe it’s a form of ‘Utilising every weapon at your dispense’ kind of deal. Sylvanas was on the rise at the start of their recruiting campaign and Anduin is obviously way more negotiable than his father (Bit of a hothead that one) - And has shown time & time again he doesn’t let others differ his opinion or choices.
The Alliance hold the Light in high regard, and having the Lightforged Draenie also in their midst now, I’d imagine if any Void Elves that too-much fall out of line (By Alliance Standards) would be brought to quick heel - Either by Alleria’s hand or otherwise.

Slightly offtopic, I found it kind of odd Alliance get a race primordially aligned with the Light AND the Void; whereas Horde didn’t get something so direct with such.
One could argue the Horde get ‘Arcane and Nature’ (Due to Nightborne and Tauren) however, Night Elf Highborne ranks joined the Alliance from Eldre’Thalas and there’s also plot armour ‘Top-dog Mage’ Jaina and ‘HuMaN pOtEnTiAl’ seem to crap all over that idea with Arcane, one could also argue Nightelves rival the Tauren with nature.
– Horde may appear to have an alignment race with ‘Death / Undeath’ and the forces of such with Undead, but they seem to not be empowered by it like the other races mentioned and merely a result only.
Which also leads me to the idea Sylvanas wants Stormwind to apply the same ritual she did on Nathanos (Enhancing / Restoring / Empowering him) to the rest of her people; by sacrificing Stormwind and imbue them with undeathly-power. But that’s merely speculation.

Back to the subject at hand – by now, with efforts from the Void Elves and advances shown by Alleria in the current war with the Horde, I’d imagine they’ve solidified their trust with the Alliance and provided additional armour to Rommath’s decision about them whilst the secret society of the Quel’Thalas ranks rolls their eyes.

I like VEs. Nice hair, tentacle jokes, Umbric is kinda hot. What more can a girl ask for in an elf?

2 Likes

Pro-tip. When surrounded by undead don’t insult our leader, call us all monsters, and then demand we leave our home we just fought to free.

1 Like

Pro-pro tip: Never trust a undead elf!

AHAHAHAHA!

I think we all realize the irony present here!

Night elves forbid the irresponsible use of arcane magic following the disaster of Azshara and his rave with Sargeras!
The remaining Highbornes refuse to abandon their ways because they need this power!
They are exiled to the far east kingdom!
They continue where they left off!

Present tense!
Rommath demands that umbric and his irresponsible followers stop playing with void, as it is a threat to sunwell!
Umbric says he and his irrespons … mean, “academics” will not stop researching this source of power to use on behalf of his blood elves brothers!

Umbric and his “crack squad” are invited to study the void, somewhere far from Silvermoon and Sunwell, by Rommath … forever!

AHAHAHAHA!

Looks like we have a karmic wheel working here! :rofl:

How can there be a race with such knowledge that continues to make the same mistake continually, obsessively?

In the future, I imagine that a new source of dark power and lethal potential a dissenting group of void belves will manipulate, causing Umbric to expel them, and that this group will end up in the horde for some even poorer reasons than the one that took void belves to ally!

1 Like

And Sylvanas has voices too… telling her to enslave everything for her own void lord BFF. She is also president of the bridge club at said farm.

:cookie:

2 Likes

her arrow will hit her mark and at the hour of her third death she ushers in our coming, sylvanas is going to kill aleria and the oldgods will use aleria’s void naaru powers to bring forth the old gods coming, the boy king sits at the masters table, thing I you alliance bring in the doom of azeroth into your ranks aka void elves and even worse lightforged the alliance will go through a civil war . should have just killed aleria and her husband as well as the void elves

It would’ve made even more sense if it WASN’T helves meddling with Void Magic at all, but that they got corrupted for being in the wrong place at the wrong time and had to learn how to deal with their new existence in a hurry just to survive. A tragic race, and infinitely more interesting. Especially internally. They’d have been loyal members of the Alliance who proved their loyalty time and time again. Now that they’re cursed, there will always be the question of how can those allies trust them? Perhaps by the Alliance embracing them, that could’ve been their anchor as well.

How did Goblins get into the Horde, then?

To not be an Elf?

That’s why I specifically said “in an elf”. I’d prefer other races infinitely but if I can’t pick, I’ll look at things positively.

1 Like

Wrong, it was a Black Dragon who had seized control of the Kingdom of Stormwind who rejected the Forsaken, it wasn’t the Alliance as a whole, nor was anyone who would eventually lead the Alliance today involved.

Once again, missed the subtlety of what happened there. You can blame Orcs and Goblins for destroying a scared Night Elf forest to build Ogrimar that caused friction between Tauren and Night Elves.

Because Blizzard currently can’t write itself out of the restroom without being stupid. But the short of it is Alleria Windrunner signed the Void Elves up to the Alliance, and what Alleria wants Alleria gets.

At the level of game mechanics and in terms of giving alliance’s players something close to the High Elves, that they had asked for so long, it’s fine, but as for lore it makes no sense.

Even if Anduin and his councelors are fine with Void Elves, it’s no way the common people don’t throw rocks to at those that they see in the streets…

Just imagine a middle age christian kingdom welcoming a bunch of declared satanists, this is how i see this “void elves” things, it makes no sense, specially when you throw the quasi inquisitional light forged draenei into (and come on, draeneis and blood elves in Shattrath were too close too a civil war for a lot less).

1 Like

I think that Void Elves are cooler.

( discreetly, the worgen strips off the rock ) :sweat_smile:

That’s why I can’t understand how devs can imagine that the alliance would accept something like that, when taurens are nature lovers and forsakens are not and yet, they live in the same faction even though they have different values!

When orcs and trolls worship the memory and soul of their ancestors and the elements and forsakens and blood elves do not, but it is in alliance, which has a more homogeneous orientation of nature and light, that a band imbued with void energies has managed to do nest!

The devs just ignored it all to impose something that was not in tune with ally!