On the Mythic Raiding convo - mythic lockouts must change

That clearly wouldn’t be good either. The problem I see is that they’re trying to challenge that unknown as if that’s a priority for the game.

Are we trying to find the Last Starfighter or are we trying to make a good old family game that kicks butt and leaves people feeling like they just slew a dragon?

My only complaint has been that the difficulty of mythic raiding has gone too far toward the deep end. It’s just personal opinion and I fully understand why some don’t want that challenge taken from them. I think the devs were trying to ensure that everyone in the raid was always engaged during a fight. Unfortunately I think that’s pricing too many players out of the scene. I could be totally wrong.

I look around and see players who are perfectly capable of playing well getting sidelined for not being capable of playing perfectly.

Yeah except that’s a load of crap. The easiest and most cleared Mythic raid in the last 10 years was Emerald Nightmare with like 5000+ guilds clearing it before Nighthold came out.

Do you know how many of those 5,000 guilds cleared it in the first 2 weeks? 74. In 4 weeks? 281.

The “average” guild are the 4719 guilds that were still working on it after the 4 week mark.

5 Likes

I really don’t think anyone has the slightest idea what the devs are thinking with Mythic Tindral & Fyrakk.

If the devs are even thinking at all.

2 Likes

I had a really rough draft thought of having bosses get ‘nerfed’ in a sense after a kill, or after X kills. So that you don’t have a huge slog when trying to get back to the boss (and beyond) the following week(s).

This could maybe alleviate the huge issue of 2 day guilds being forced into extending at some point, due to the sheer time investment needed to clear Mythic. At some point, you never look back to any old bosses ever again, and just focus on the last 1 or 2, for months.

If it took even half the time to reclear, it would be a huge boon I think.

Hard agree. Even if 5000 guilds were to clear Amirdrassil this patch, that is still maybe 1-2% of the entire playerbase, assuming guilds have ~23 people on a roster, and the game having something like 9-10mil people.

For those who want to gatekeep and make sure things are “HaRDCorE”, still feels like it’s a damn challenge, given the time/coordination.

2 Likes

but you’re using the wrong metrics. people who aren’t interested, shouldn’t be counted.

it’s an overly mechanized fight.

it’s not a terrible fight, but it’s a fight that is more suitable for an arcade game than an MMORPG. I’m about 350 pulls into it myself.

reading these forums, every player wants to be the star of the raid. Not a faceless unit but a main hero. well, every main hero can wipe the raid. This is what the implementation of what we asked for looks like.

p.s. Painsmith was awesome. maybe a little immersion-breaking. too japanese-tv-gameshow.

Make Mythic easier. Just a little bit.

That doesn’t change the fact it’s 1% of the playerbase. Even though I doubt we have 10 million players.

1 Like

Why do people need to full clear mythic? I’ve not been part of the CE club for so long.

Billy pays his $15 too, he has earned the CE title.

Why do people not need to full clear it.

1 Like

They aren’t good enough. I fail to see the point of nerf mythic (just so I can pass it) but keep the scrubs out.

1 Like

But they do it anyway. And they’re probably going to nerf it again.

Either leave it at RWF difficulty or nerf it every week after the race. Not this garbage we have now

okay, so they do it anyway. Why does it need to be nerfed even more? (More than they already do.)

I do wish they would keep it was RWF difficulty, but that’s a dream.

1 Like

Because they intend to make it so more guilds clear it but they’ve failed miserably. Nerf it more consistently or just leave it. I just want some clarification on what their goal is here. Say something

If they wanted more guilds to clear, they would be nerfing way more.

I can’t go off of that. I just want a clear and concise statement from Ion.

Then again, they blatantly lied about not making fights like Anduin anymore. So who gives a damn what they say at this point I guess.

2 Likes

Dream for who? You literally admitted like 3 posts ago you don’t even participate in the CE!
Do you really sit around daydreaming to yourself “Ahhh it would be wonderful if they never nerfed any raids and only 50 guilds ever cleared…mmmm, the dream! nobody clearing WoW content but the best! MMMMMM”

Why are there so many people that play this game that put high end raiding on such a pedestal like it shouldn’t be cleared by anyone except those that live, breathe, think, and play WoW as a job, it’s the strangest thing.

Clearing all the pve raid content in an expansion really didn’t used to be this hard or exclusive.

5 Likes

I’ve attempted previous bosses, haven’t killed.

And I’m fine with that. (Did get Emerald Nightmare.)

Clearing all the pve raid content in an expansion really didn’t used to be this hard or exclusive.

But it has? lol.

When was it easy?

it should launch where they want it to be.

dynamic difficulties is not a thing.