On reading quest text

That’s what I do. I only read quest texts if I’ve never done them before, but most of the time I skip and look at the objectives if I am in a rush.

:cat: :cat2: :cat:

Is that the name of the addon, or are you referring to any UI interface addon that changes the quest text? If you can recommend one, I’d like to check it out.

No, its too long and boring. A huge wall of text is a HORRIBLE way to deliver good story. People will get bored after reading non stop essays just to understand lore. I play video games for animated storytelling - NPC voices - cutscenes, etc - not to read a book.

It’s the addon! I love it. This changes the way the quest window looks and includes a TON of options like hiding your surrounding UI, zooming into the NPC, a dark and light mode, adjustable font size and window size, mark highest sell price for a quest reward, show quest type (like weekly, pvp, etc), simplify currency rewards, accessibility settings, camera settings, and more! If you have any gripes with the quest frame… this solves them ALL!

3 Likes

Oh love the screen shots too. Thank you!

1 Like

I read the quests first time through, maybe first alt also. But after that I just look at what I have to do and that’s if I don’t already know.

I use the Immersion addon. I only pay attention to the highlights of the quest through it… unless its a particularly interesting questline, or involves one of my favorite NPCs, then I will click/read the whole thing.

Great addon

I always read quest text the first time through. After that, it’s random. Maybe I’m interested and want to remember the details of what happened. But usually I just want to get the leveling done.

1 Like

I’m a very slow quester. I always read the quests unless it’s something I’ve already played recently. Sometimes I read it 2 or 3 times to make sure I get everything.

1 Like

i ain’t reading all that

i’m happy for u tho

or Sorry that happened

1 Like

Paragraph 1: Why I made the post.

Paragraph 2: When I pay attention.

Paragraph 3: When I don’t.

Paragraph 4: typical quest

Paragraph 5: extras.

So many words… And folk say I bad at english.

I generally read them the first-time round, at least.

I think I read most quest text, question is how much attention I pay.

I only read the quest text way back in wrath and then again in legion. The current lore isn’t worth wasting time on.

It’s a given that many players are only here for the gameplay part of the game, not the RPG setting.

One things I’ve noticed from quests and therefore the story in DF is that the men are weak, apologizing cry babies but the woman are strong , brave and determined. What’s up with that? Kind of turns me off from caring about quests or lore.

1 Like

I don’t understand people who play an RPG but don’t read anything lol :rofl:

1 Like

To each their own, but the gameplay is a pointless activity without the story, isn’t it? One can see lights and colored pixels in hundreds of ways.

“I don’t even care. I have no idea what the lore is. I just enjoy the gameplay of mindlessly traveling from one point to other, pointlessly making lights and sounds and colors happen for reasons unknown.”

Whatever. Lol.

1 Like

I always read the quest text. At least the first time through. It isn’t that much anyway and only takes a short time to do so.