On IC attacks at the Gnews

For the second night in a row, someone has ICly attempted to bomb the Gnews. Which, honestly, normally I’m perfectly okay with. Once in a while, a solid murder attempt or an explosive can liven things up. But neither of the people that decided to do the thing bothered to ask anyone at Gnews if, y’know, we were cool with this.

Now, most people DO ask us before they do anything. 99% of you guys are absolutely awesome and I adore all of you guys to pieces. We get asked “hey, can I stab you in the back while you report” and I go “yeah sure” or “no, can’t tonight, how about tomorrow?” and it’s smooth as butter 99.999% of the time.

But the last couple of times, twice in a row… And I can’t believe I have to say this, but if you want to attempt to kill me or Luneia or anyone at Gnews, can you just… Ask us? Ahead of time? So we don’t have to put together a full show and be prepared for the incoming chaos?

Thank you, this has been your Gnews plea, i’m sorry for bothering the rest of you guys, much love <3

27 Likes

Sounds really bad that this is happening to you. Hope people come forward and try to make amends.

Honestly I wouldn’t think it too much to ask for a heads up or even just “Hey can we do xyz” given that the gnews is a whole thing.

Hopefully people will start asking or be a little more considerate about ic attacks.

2 Likes

It’s a pretty common standard to communicate OOC before an attack in a public scenario.

Whomever this (these?) fellow(s) are (is), l2rp nub.

2 Likes

Breel, have you considered the possibility that these could be trolls? Perhaps the same people that were impersonating Gnews staff?

7 Likes

What reason would a character have to attack Gnews givers other than to be disruptive?

8 Likes

Sounds like some trolls taking advantage of a group’s good nature to me.

5 Likes

Agreed. These people are trolls (or at the very least self-centered) and you’re in no way obligated to acknowledge their nonsense, especially if they don’t have the common decency to run it by you first.

Not sure what it is with these folks and “LFM bomb/plague/plane crash - so we can lay down for attention RP” but they’ve been beating that unoriginal dead horse all over Stormwind for years.

5 Likes

I guess the news isn’t interesting to some folks without at least two or three murder attempts per show. This is what happens when you get all your news from F.O.X. (Forsaken Over Xenos) news!

Jokes aside, sorry that happened to you. I’ll never understand the sort of tilted personality it takes to get your kicks off of intentionally ruining events people put work into planning. Some folks need to tone down the Machiavelli a bit, yeah?

1 Like

I love conflict rp between two parties that haven’t agreed on consequences, stakes, or even participating in general

Almost like walking into a bar and seeing people snogging in public chat

Jk both of those things belong in a museum / zoo exhibit

5 Likes

Breel I am only a call away from one shotting these players if you need it… at least my attacks are OOC

2 Likes

Sometimes I forget to turn off Yell during Gnews and would like to bomb the spamming myself haha but it’s pretty lame of people trying to sabotage what you guys do. I would suggest you just do your best to kindly ignore them if they’re not a part of the program.

I completely understand and agree to the sentiment for OOC asking before trying to kill someone.

But man is it silly to read it outloud asking somebody to -not- kill you. Horror movies might not be as long if this worked.

Well, personally I believe the Gnews is barely even a shadow of it’s former self. Instead of getting a feel for what’s going on around the server, it genuinely feels like tabloid ‘journalism.’ Silly, dumb stories that have barely any grounding or depth, with little thought put into it. Breel here is one of two main reasons why I have /yell turned off in Stormwind; I genuinely cannot stand the way the draenei talks. It’s like the character just learned Common last week and comes off as those cliche ethnic stereotypes, even though they’ve been on Azeroth for over ten years now.

Nowhere near enough of a good reason to harass the group. I’m better off just ignoring something that comes off as trite and shallow. I’m just throwing out my two cents on the matter, since you asked a question.

6 Likes

I’ve been watching them for just about as long as they’ve been around. The show format hasn’t changed. They’ve always been weird, and most of the time if they are talking about anyone in particular, I sure wouldn’t know who it was.

My opinion of your opinion! :smiley:

2 Likes

We’re here to protect you, boo <3

2 Likes

weird flex but okay

sorry gnews folks that you’ve got more trolls

1 Like

I haven’t even begun to weirdly flex. Don’t make me start acting like I’m in some JoJo script.

You CANT control bombers BREEEL. You’d know that if you weren’t a robot.

#myeyesonyou #mechanicalmenace

Are you still going on about this?

I mean, gnews used to be cool and kind of a fun open roleplay event type deal. But last time I visited, all it was was some big drenaei yelling about cooking recipes in lions rest. The gnews that was respected (imo) was carried out by dwarves and gnomes standing on boxes in the trade district actually yelling about server-news; guilds, recent hordie attacks, upcoming roleplay events, things of that nature.

Times change I suppose, but when I hold events, I easily ignore certain things and quickly get whispered that I’m a godmoder. But truth is, if it’s not going with the event then leave it at the door. That’s an old school respect thing.

But what you guys got nowadays, I can’t expect you to understand. Best of luck!

5 Likes