Older players / disabled will struggle with dragonriding

Legal blindness and depth perception issues.

Why should we have to because you personally don’t understand a disability?

Moves fast, can’t tell the distance between fast moving objects. Hovering with regular flying allows for better prediction of distance.

4 Likes

Those with thin skin should avoid the internet. :rofl::rofl:

too bad for you that this forum has rules you have to obey, like it or not…and quick draw, over reacting moderators.

To be honest, I laughed that you would freak out at me this much. Disabled people having options doesn’t affect you.

1 Like

Good thing they’ll be allowing people to use normal flying, although it will be slower. :dracthyr_love_animated:

1 Like

evidently it affects their bruised esteems or egos…something.
Really odd thing for gamers to be attacking other gamers over wanting to be able to play the game.
Almost as if its really about some deeper personal issues and not about a game at all.

8 Likes

I am older and disabled have played since Vanilla I’ll admit I am struggling with dragon riding I have vision issues but that doesn’t play a part. I find hardest issue with dragon riding is its required in some of the new dungeons and beings I suck at riding its been a issue. Hope the new raids wont need it but They most likely will. Fail for me.

5 Likes

None of this is true. You can reduce camera shake. That doesn’t have anything to do with dragon riding and it’s nothing like regular flying. It’s a goblin glider with more speed and abilities.

5 Likes

That one outdoor run I did couple weeks ago in DF was…whew…fast paced. Yeah, jumping on the dragon mount, whipping around the map, killing X, back on the mount again, trying to pin point landings so you dont pull a mob the tank is trying to avoid.
I loved it myself, but I can see a LOT of lesser abled players tossing fits about that kind of thing

There are easy work arounds. Enable regular flying with this. And create an option to remove the fast flying effect.

Make each UI asset resizable individually in the new UI (something every other game allows for).

Why do people pretend assessibility is so hard to accomplish?

6 Likes

At least one 5 man is going to have to be avoided by many players like you.
I ran it once to get the quest done, but man…it is FAST paced. And youre having to follow your group/tank (on your dragon mount) over areas with mobs in them and then nearly drop on a dime to kill the next target/boss without accidentally landing too close to another mob and pulling it.

I can see some players quitting over it to be quite honest.
I love it myself…but Im not other players.

2 Likes

I’m 53, retired, have had two massive strokes and suffer from arthritis. And, you’re probably right, though I’ll give it a go. My REAL complain about Dragon riding is that it’s a gimmick. A one trick pony that’ll never be used again. The time and money spent developing this could’ve been used for more meaningful things, like more and better content and story, fine tuning the talent trees and abilities, balancing classes, etc.

6 Likes

There are 4.2 billion people in the world with eye sight issues. It’s one of the most common disabilities in the world and in this case, one of the easiest to accomodate.

4 Likes

How about coming up with targeted solutions about specific problems instead of inventing a new victim group who is somehow oppressed by blizzard because they didnt have every old person /disabled person in mind when building dragon riding.

WTF is wrong with people.

i was hoping it would be about some interface related thing so there could be an addon or accessibility option that helps eventually but it seems to just come down to wanting normalflight over dragonflight.

It’s not a new group.

No one is saying Blizz is discriminating against anyone.

It requires an easy fix.

And unless you’re are Blizz, you shouldn’t take it so personally.

1 Like

Not over. Both can exist.

They added a “ride along” feature for players who have trouble with dragonriding.

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-dragonriding/368384/18

Lol, what I’m trying to say is we could have an option for traditional flying and Dragonflight flying which we are getting, and for those with vision problems I think we have a setting for that lmao.

That’s nice if you have someone to ride along with.

4 Likes