Old School Players / Guilds

Zero, Turmoil…are a few other guilds around!

This is my original toon!

2 Likes

Rykku here, i see a lot of familiar guild and character names from vanilla!
I think a lot will remember me as Ultimæge aswell till i xfered in wod.
o/

1 Like

I still exist, making a guild in classic if anyone good from the old days is looking for a home.

Was in Redemption > Tyranny > Consequence > Eminence > Aegis > Og (faction swap), from the day the server went up until we downed HM LK 25.

I remember so many things that happened on this server that I could write a book about it.

Names off the top of my head:

Tyranny:
Kwayzee
Ohdinn
Zaza
Aurore
Gaiya
Glacier
Eredwyn
Elwynta
Bakalakadaka
Namyr
Destin
Demosthenes
Roxx
Xaex
Wolfsraine
Nearrwin
Zergling
Shazbot
Myth
Diah
Creegan
Enseeh
Floyd
Sauriel
Bloodbane
Wretch
Ecuno
Conor
Kanae
Heileg
Ownly
Hydro
Randomhobo
Ororo
Alphenas
Vikeena
Kaityn
Healer
Denial
Etep
Liger
Arthus
Delawyn
Luhzren
Gollie

Aenigma:
Snovv
Cavos
Lemmiwinks
Yume
Scrooge
Bof
Eve
Cyberfoga
Saviorslim
Pie

Consequence:
Aedon
Adonos
Thrasher
Jimpeterson
Lowkey
Cappers
Thamainevent
Novern
Suiko
Jahi
Arenatico
Gekko
Lexmark
Lenura
Mihoshi
Soulgrinder

Eminence:
Thanthalas
Bootty
Zyphamon
Bonta
Daiski
Fatheroftime
Chetal
Xavier
Dwanor
Xethus
Altaer
Maelin
Giren
Moribundx
Tibodeau
Loomir
Talyra
Rho

Aegis:
Cande
Destian
Zeramos
Balodur
Melphys

Og:
Bremmen
Triba
Xaraxus
Scraw
Hellsing
Tidonags

BEPU:
Norbo
Ruddie

The Hero of Burning Legion:
Ynotony

2 Likes

Sano I remember raiding with you in Consequence! Good to see a familiar name!

Raided with Advent.

Hope they make it easy and have all the same release server names at launch.

Hey Cathina!!

2 Likes

That’s correct, the Anaximander I’m referring to is the one from Very Hairy Man Guild who participated in the BLRA with The Scorpion Alliance, IRONFIST, Elysium, Vile, etc.

In that time period I was known as Axbit, a 60 Human Warlock and was (at that time) in The Scorpion Alliance. I later left that guild with Lefilgruber and created Vile. (Just giving you the context on why your name appeared in this list).

Now …

Since enough people have replied with things like:

• “I don’t see guild X in this list”
  • “Please add X to the list”
  • “You didn’t list X”

I’ve started to edit the thread starter to include the info that people have replied with.

Oh Axbit, I think I remember you from when I ran the BLRA with Paige.

1 Like

Former Og raider here.

Hellsing is still around, playing with another Og member Spyrina/Ariella from time to time.

Other Oglings I remember:
Xaraxus/Tarasque
Lotusx
Rowip
Murmur
Zaxon
Ellendiel/broheim
Highwind
shinjiro
Johnnycurse
Zeit
Turd
Kleanx
Lupus

Miss you fools. Swish TM.

1 Like

Kyris here checking in. This was my only server all through vanilla until BC. I won the Test of Honor contest for alliance opposite of Bremmen from the horde. I raided with Ascension through AQ. I have switched servers/factions/names quite a bit since then.

Seeing all these names really brings the nostalgia. If there is a Burning Legion server in classic, I’ll be there.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Hello old friends and foes

spent my early to mid 20’s in this game from vanilla to Wotlk. Sometimes I regret it other times I remember how much fun and satisfaction I had.

Early vanilla guild/server politics (a topic way too complicated to explain in this post) screwed me and my guild JAGD over and left it in a grave to rot. I took it as a major personal offense, rebuilt my guild that should have just faded away, and went on a warpath to “right those wrongs” that resulted in alot of memories made for what seems like not just me, but people who were with me and against me.

I only quit when all my other “enemies” moved on and quit the game themselves for whatever reason. Quite a motivation to have to play huh?

My High Warlord days are over but I’ll probably mess around in classic.

BONUS CONTENT: that defense of the UC video above? timestamp 4:51 screaming had my neighbor come over and check in case there was domestic abuse or if someone was being hacked to death 15 years ago

2 Likes

That would be me. Not sure who this other Anaximander is.

I vaguely remember you, unfortunately that was many years ago. That said, if you are interested in joining IRONFIST in classic, you are more then welcome to come. I personally am going to try and redo something similar to the BLRA on whatever server we roll on.

Holy man… We were just talking about you the other day in our IRONFIST discord. Hopefully we are on the same server. This time IRONFIST is rolling horde though so no going against IRONFIST this time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Squirrel is missing from the list, he was GM for most of the time I was in VHMG (until we started rolling with the BLRA then he passed it to me).

He unfortunately won’t be joining in classic. He has his hands full with kids now.

Due to how Blizzard’s forums work with character renames, I can no longer edit the thread starter. So how it appears now is all we’re gonna get unless someone starts a new thread.

No RG love?

<3 Nearrwin

Yume did make some great videos. It was fun.

But what this forum really needs is the Hulkster brother. Hulkhogan needs to get in here and drop some knowledge on your head. You’re gonna be sitting here wondering what’s going on and then he hits you with a chop suey recipe!

Xaran, UD Priest from Zeksonic Legion.
Others from Zeks:
Aleta
Nacixem
Nou
Marty
Dankbowls
Morna
Akayakawaka
Kirill
Grokhaz
Dish
Jerome

Man, way too many people to namedrop. Those who know me I know them basically. At one point I’ll put together my screenshot collection from back in the day.
Method 4 life
Honorary “teh pact is sealed!!11!!1”

1 Like

I found an old screenshot in AQ with Ascension.

imgur com/DVY8Cjc.jpg

1 Like

Howdy! Even though we transferred off of Burning Legion during Naxx I know myself and the really oldschool Ropetown folks always had some of our best times on BL; the levelling race (myself and Flipoit [rip] vs. Bremmen vs. all the Alliance chinese gold farmers, early dungeon grinding, the first raids on the server, world pvp, and so on. Some other specifics:

We wasted hours pvping with Tyranny in BRM while we both really just wanted to raid Molten Core.

Spending an entire day fighting over Azuregos.

Flipoit and I going to Hillsbrad after we hit 60 abusing lowbies and feeling unstoppable.

Learning how to be a raid guild. The core of Ropetown was maybe 15-20 people, of which a handful had experience raiding in Everquest. When it came time for Molten Core, we were all eager to see how it went and we decided to just PUG the other 20 spots and somehow turned that into a guild that became very competitive and successful. That was pretty cool.