Old Graphics > New Graphics

looks fine to me lol. We’ll call it a vintage look :rofl: :+1:

2 Likes

It “works” now because they’ve removed the old skeletons and re-fit old armor for the new ones. Old models are completely broken now due to forced new animations.

In WoD they had old models with old skeletons but then there was the issue when old models didn’t work well with the new armor and new models didn’t work with the old one. Later Blizzard simply removed the old skeletons and animations.

2 Likes

And you know the difference between an i5-2550k and a 5 GHZ overclocked i7-7700k, right?

Different resolutions results in different hardware demands, you realize that, right? Especially when we’re talking about drastic differences like 1080p and 1440p.

1 Like

You stated that an FX-6300 should have no issues running Modern WoW. You don’t have enough knowledge to continue this conversation, sorry.

Overclocked i7-8700k’s will drop into the 40 FPS range during world bosses, as evidenced in many videos on youtube. Modern WoW is a CPU dependent game.

I guess you need to re-read my reply to the previous time you’ve made a similar statement.

I personally like both and I don’t see what is the problem of having both.

Is a personal choice not a game-changer patch.

Pleases, Activlizzard, let us have the option to “toggle on or off” new graphics.

4 Likes

You don’t know what a CPU Draw Call is.

And you keep changing the topic. If I know or not what it is, is irrelevant to the fact that WoW is not a demanding game when you compare it with other MMORPGs at the same resolution. Not like you trying to do which is basically: “You lie that it doesn’t lag at 1080p! Why? Because it’s slower at 1440p!”

2 Likes

You’re the one that came into here and brought up our previous argument from another thread. I’m done with you. You don’t know what you’re talking about, your i5-2550k doesn’t maintain 55-60 FPS in Boralus at 1080p with nearly max settings and players around.

Show me a screenshot. Not you staring at a wall, you out in the open with the water in view and a bunch of players. Graphics max, or close. Water at Ultra, shadows too; show me that 60 FPS.

Nerds- nerds please, calm down. Can we all just stop for a moment with this ‘whos gpu is bigger’ stuff and all agree that BFA is a bad game?

6 Likes

i’m defintely going to put on the old settings

I have wonderful news, OP. I was in the demo and I can tell you they’ve done an excellent job so far (for the most part). They used the original models, animations, spell effects. Everything uses the original textures: weapons, armor, structures, terrain, etc. It really looks like Vanilla.

So what’s different? They changed the shadows a bit. No more dot under your character; you get an actual shadow. Honestly, you don’t even notice it. Also, they increased the ground vegetation. More grass and bushes. Again, it’s not even noticeable. They didn’t change the texture of the grass at all…there’s simply more of it.

The only real noticeable change (and it sticks out like a sore thumb) is the water effects. They had a couple options. The ‘old’ setting reverted to effects that tried to mirror what existed in Vanilla. That means rippling waves. It also had an opaque surface, meaning you can’t see what’s below. The other modern settings for water were translucent, so you could see things underneath the surface. That was incredibly helpful in questing, and also has obvious pvp elements. It also clashed with the other style of the graphics. It just created a weird, awkward mishmash of styles that didn’t look good at all. My hope is that that was just a holdover from using the 7.3.5 client, and they’ll only have the original water effects in Classic.

1 Like

I agree about the water. New jello-like water doesn’t look all that well in older zones. The problem with water is the way surface works. On a PvP real, the transparent surface of the jello water is a clear advantage. Even if I prefer to use the classic settings for the water I probably won’t do it for this exact reason. I’d be much happier if the jello water was removed from Classic but I somehow doubt they’ll do it.

1 Like

I kept enemy name plates on so the water never gave enemies an advantage.

Not to mention my computer would lag when horde were near by back in the day lol

1 Like

https://i.imgur.com/x44yoOb.jpg <------ Warning, prepare for your eyes to bleed.

How could anyone actually like the new models especially the new forsaken models?
The hair is absolute trash, the face is absolute trash, and look at how he is holding daggers. This is pathetic.
The vanilla art, models and animations are a billion times more appealing and that’s how I feel about all the art work for every race, animation, building, and zone. The newer stuff looks like a high cost cartoon. What they did to Brill, even before BFA destroyed it, looked absolutely terrible. The old Brill I always sat in when I was just chatting in game because I loved the look. There is no way I could ever play retail again and the models are partly to blame.

3 Likes

Hey! I was just about to post,
“Girls, girls, don’t fight! You’re both pretty!”

Feel free to feel that way, but potato faced humans aren’t ideal in my mind. The art style has stayed fairly consistent throughout wow, just more polygons and better resolutions have been introduced over time. Nothing has ever changed the core feel or look as far as I’m concerned and the modern graphics are a massive improvement.

2 Likes

They’ve literally changed everything. It’s not just the amount of polygons, it’s skeletons, animation. It’s like someone saw Pandaren and thought “I really like it, let’s make every playable race like Pandaren” because everyone is now animated as a pandaren.

It’s the most colossal waste of resourced ever. Even in comparison to the original world revamp. Don’t fix what’s not broken.

1 Like

Everyone wanted the old races to be updated and pretty like the Pandaren were, with multiple facial expressions and the like. Pretty much every post on the forums had hundreds or even thousands of upvotes based upon the opinion. Only a select few didn’t want it back then when they happened.

1 Like