Old gamers only 25+

In dog years :dog::dog2::dog::dog2::dog::dog2::dog::hotdog::hotdog::hotdog::hotdog::hotdog::hotdog:

3 Likes

:ok_hand::man_shrugging::put_litter_in_its_place:

Makes sense.

2 Likes

Dating back then in school was different. Now a person’s value is all based on their profile pictures. A guy posing with dogs can make it look like he’s a compassionate caring person, those dogs could’ve been someone elses. Doesn’t anyone else feel like it’s wrong to be judged based on 4 profile pictures? How do pictures determine your worth and personality? It’s all superficial and pathetic imo. We are posing in front of nice cars trying to wear the best clothes, posing with dogs(?) as a mating strategy.

Remember when you were in school and built relationships slowly through the school year? You were able to demonstrate self worth through humor or compassion. Yes looks mattered back then but you still were able to build attraction.
College is difficult depending how long your classes are, most of the time you’re listening to the professor speak but group projects MAY build some attraction; however, college kids are already using dating apps in order to hookup with other people on campus. Once you’re out of college, you have to play the superficial flex game where you’re chance of getting a swipe is based on 4-5 pictures.
This is all surface bs, sadly this is how dating works now. Don’t want to use dating apps? Do you think you can stand out and compete in bars and nightclubs?

This is why I missed my school days so much because you were able to build attracion. Office culture is also very strict, DON’T DATE COWORKERS. If you are a man in a workplace relationship, you will take the blame when things go wrong.

-I want a guy who’s clean and dresses nice but not too done up = I want a good looking guy that’s able to be attractive without moderate grooming and looks great all day everyday
-I want a guy who has a great personality and social skills = I want a guy who a wide social circle and makes me feel like prom queen when I’m with him
-I like cute dorky guys not those jerks - A handsome guy that isn’t funny and tells bad jokes but I will laugh cuz his face so gorgeous teehee

1 Like

Yeah I agree times have changed a bit with the whole online scene. Its better to meet somebody while doing something you enjoy doing besides looking at some pictures.

I grew up right as social media started picking up, during the MySpace times lol. Never really got into that stuff, even now I try to avoid it. Although I am on here a lot :joy: I like the wow community.

I enjoy it because I play with my GF (now fianceé). I don’t know if I would enjoy it if that was not the case…she is the one who brought me into the game actually

There is no age range for video games, and you will find all ages playing WoW and other MMO’s … yes usually you’ll find younger people playing video games because they don’t have jobs or responsibilities yet and have the time to play!

My advice would be to take the money you’ve got banked for leg lengthening, and put it toward seeing a therapist 1-2 per week for a while. Be open, be honest, and be receptive to feedback. You seem to dwell on negative and are blind to positive.

I’m a 49yr old recovering alcoholic, whose had 12 pacemaker surgeries…but I still date. I’ve been engaged 3 different times over my life, and they haven’t worked out for a variety of reasons. The last one was because I discovered she was an active alcoholic with no interest in changing. But I’m still friends with her, and almost all of my ex’s for that matter because I value them as people. My feelings are determined by who they are as a person. I couldn’t possibly care less if they are short, tall, skinny, heavy, etc. Do they have a good soul…that’s what i find most attractive.

Do they have respect for themself and others? Do they try to add happiness to a relationship or not? Do they make me feel more complete in their company? And how can i reciprocate that to them? They are not the tally of a pro/con list on paper. They are not characteristics or a jumble of personality traits. They are people…same as you are. Don’t be so judgemental!

Seriously, don’t worry about your height, race, complexion, etc…worry about seeing a therapist and work on being someone you’re ok with looking at in a mirror first. Right now you got nothing to bring to the party. Work on you.

2 Likes

Intimacy is a biological necessity for mental health. My insurance covers therapy so I don’t really care about the cost, I’m not going to rely on someone paid to listen to me. The therapist is superior to the patient because they are the ones solving your problems. I could just take courses and read therapy books to help myself if needed. Also, you were in your 20s in a different generation, how did you meet you date? Was it through online dating?

Why do people assume I bring nothing to the table because I’m single? How do they even know anything about me when I can’t even get a chance because I don’t meet their standard? I take care of myself better than them (most people my age) and am more self sufficient. I’m not stingy with money but don’t make dumb purchases like designer suits or watches.

Maybe I am single because I don’t pretend to be something I’m not. I don’t take pictures with dogs even though I love dogs just to appeal to women. I don’t pretend to be some big baller by wearing nice clothes and posing in front of a club. Even if I wanted to, I would look like a fool because it only works for good looking guys anyways. A an average or below average looking guy using mating strategies of better looking people makes me cringe.

Having someone gives me a sense of security, knowing that I am able to fulfill my role as a male which is procreation. I have no interest in having a kid right now however as no child should endure the suffering I have in my life.

In three months I’ll be only two years shy of half a century. :cry:

1 Like

Boy, I don’t think I’ve seen a bigger “pity me” party on this forum in many years.

3 Likes

I may be wrong and if so it would not be the first time.

I feel like you are trying to justify to yourself the time you have spent playing computer games instead of living life to its fullest and being out seeing the world or chasing guys/girls whichever you prefer. Nothing says you can’t do a little of everything.

I go to the gym 3 days a week for 1 to 2 hours each day (gotta keep the girly figure). I enjoy swimming, hiking, cycling and archery I also do some volunteer work. I do things outside of gaming that I love and enjoy but still I have played computer games for longer than wow has been around and have played wow for 14 or 15 years.

If you do not like who you are then it is time for you to make some changes. Go find a gym or start a new hobby or join a club that has similar interests that you have. Only you can make those changes.

Ah vogon poetry. Amazon prime has the old british tv show version of that. first episode starts with guy laying in the mud between a bulldozer and his house to protect his house. and his friend convinces the bulldozer driver to sit in the mud for them while they go to the pub for half an hour. at the pub, guy asks his friend if he really expects the bulldozer driver to not bulldoze his house while they’re at the pub, and friend is like ‘no, but the world is ending in 10 minutes, so it’s not important.’ enter the vogons.

Vogon poetry, vogon throw them out the airlock, ship with improbability drive randomly appears and rescues them before they die in open space, depressed robot, end of the universe, the 42 answer, cavemen, and the more important question. Makes about as much sense as bfa actually, just funnier. :slight_smile:

Edit: just remembered I’m 42. I wonder what I’m the answer to…

Happy almost birthday.

I get tired just reading all those activities and hobbies, but good for you if it’s fun for you. If you bike to work and use the stairs everywhere, you might be able to knock out the hiking and cycling as separate activities and free up time for more volunteering and gaming (and archery and swimming unless you can swim to work :)).

That 2nd sentence where you procede to judge a guy’s inner workings will likely cause him to start blocking the rest of the advice or else judge your own inner workings, so you might want to set that line aside if you’d rather close the deal on an ltr than be a professional dater… I do agree with the advice about going out to places or group activities to get to know people. There’s also a Warcraft singles group on facebook people might look around. (Some of that advice is for the OP - just find opportunities to be around people and see what happens, so should be sound. I’ll probably take some of it myself and also try ourtime after I get my kid off to college and have the empty nest. I’d take gaming over a judgmental woman any day though.)

25 is considered old now? Yeah… no, it’s not.

" Old gamers only 25+ "
LOL. I must be considered ancient then if u think 25 is old.

3 of my kids are over 25. Two of them are gamers, including one who plays WoW.

I’m a mother of gamers, and I also play games. I’ve been playing online multiplayer games since the mid-late 90s, singleplayer computer games since the early 90s. Chess club member in high school in the 70s. Board games since I was a child in the 60s.

To answer the OP’s question: why do I play games? It’s my leisure time and I find playing games relaxing and enjoyable. It’s essentially the same reason people participate in any other leisure activity.

I came here to be drugged, electrocuted, and probed. Not insulted.

1 Like

Is this a MGTOW thread?

1 Like

My feelings about my time spent varies. Some days I reminisce about my teenage years when I first started in classic and all the wonderful memories I have playing the game. I guess it also helps that I played with my IRL friends as well as people I met in game.

Other times I feel like I became very engulfed in the game and should’ve gone outside to smell the roses maybe a little bit but I am also very anti-social. I just have a distaste for most of mankind sadly and I think I love games so much because there aren’t as many sh*thead humans in game as there are outside, so with that said I don’t feel like I missed out on MUCH

Right now though in my adulthood and having my own home and all I feel like if I do sit down to play, then I’m wasting time playing WoW when I could be doing more for the house n all.

1 Like