Old gamers only 25+

This shows people, whether on a wow forum or something else have people who can create a community that cares.

It’s really nice to see.

This and the thread I created about my own issue. It shows that not everyone are just the worst kind. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Oh seriously? Dang, I may have to look into that. My best friend and I are going right for Benihana’s as our big meal since it’s our favorite restaurant and there isn’t one near me in Seattle (sad day…) but this reminds me of the Excalibur in Vegas with the knights and performances. It sounds really fun, and if there’s a Horde and Alliance theme, I may need to run it by them.

Thank you so much for the suggestion!!

It’s really uplifting! I recently bought my best friend a surprise that will take a while to get there but I think they’ll love it. I can’t wait for it to get there to see their reaction and THAT is making me smile even now thinking about it.

I took a really bad turn this year because I had just moved out, and not just that, I moved to a state I’ve never been to. And it’s terrifying, being an adult suddenly. Yeah, I started late, but it was just how it happened. And no one from my family visited me; my parents kept going home to Colorado and even for my birthday, no one came. It was isolating.

But…that was a while ago. The girls I have at home really help because that is unconditional love, even if they show that with sharp claws and ruining the litter box I JUST cleaned. My perspective changed dramatically once I got my hair cut a few weeks ago, and since then I’ve been making different decisions. It’s such a weird thing to actually affect my mood as dramatically as it did, and yet it did. Been in a super positive mood since!

Just don’t ask me about Overwatch. That’s the one thing right now that’ll ruin my mood.

I’m a stubborn young broad, and I’ve learned I live my life based on vindictiveness and spite. At my current job, someone told me I couldn’t do something. So naturally I proved to them I could, and now I’m heralded as a hero in making the process faster.

Someone else has recently told me I can’t do something. I can feel the spite growing already.

2 Likes

All of us 40+ in this thread right now:

3 Likes

No amount of working out will make up for my lack of height. I already cook everything myself with no artificial ingredients and workout about everyday a week varying in intensity. I havent been sick in years.

What happens when I was raised on monty pythons but I’m 30 :stuck_out_tongue:
lol

Modern wow is not for people 25 and older imo. Classic wow might actually entertain you in the way you are looking for. I myself didnt jump into wow during Classic, but rather TBC so this will be a new and immersive experience. The difference in gameplay between classic and retail will be a great break from one or the other.

Instead of trying to find another game to fill your empty void when retail lets you down, you can start back up on that long journey and adventure in classic.

Overwatch will ruin anyones’ mood! lol.

Honestly that’s great, and very expected. A haircut, shave, new clothes, whatever else, are small things that can help someones mood.

But it’s a never ending fight I realized that happens. And it all is your own perspective.

You can wake up and change how you feel intentionally and things will feel different. Because at the end of the day, you are your own person that is in charge of your own mood, feeling, etc…

So simple yet so hard.

Even for Highmountain Taurens! :wink:

And don’t forget us Pandaren! :panda_face:

1 Like

I would bet money you have it exactly backwards. Modern WoW is for people who don’t have the time to spend raiding. Classic WoW is for 22 year olds who think they missed some sort of amazing experience 15 years ago, and who think that grinding mats to raid is rewarding somehow.

2 Likes

I gotta say, this feels wrong.

Yes, modern WoW is very fast paced and more about short bursty content. Get in get out 30 minute timer. Raids split into bite size wings. World Quests knock 1 out every 3 minutes.

It’s easy to say that’s all to appeal to a younger audience with the attention span of goldfish, but in fairness, it also caters to the existing audience that has aged with the game.

People approaching 30 [generalizing an age, ofc] are going to have other responsibilities. Full-time Jobs take up time. Relationships take up time. Kids take up time. If school is still a factor, that takes up time. Social Lives take up time. No matter how much some people may want to play WoW or some other game for 6+ hours a day every day like they did when they were 15, it’s just not feasible for most people.

Modern WoW lets that demographic participate without missing much.

Classic WoW… not so much. They’ll just level up and hit a wall.

1 Like

25 isn’t old.
Played Vanilla in 2005 at the age of 24, I’m going to be 40 next year.
I actually noticed the first few gray hairs in my hair yesterday on my drive home yesterday.

I was around your age when I started to grow despondent with my life due to my lifestyle. I was working a go-nowhere job in a do nothing small town and all I did was play WoW. In my case it took moving across the country, almost getting married, and then moving back to make me appreciate how lucky I was to be able to just sit there and play video games. These days I have a carreer rather than a job and I still game like it’s my part time job.

However, that feeling of wonder that I got when playing games for the first time is fleeting if it happens at all. For single player games, it lasts until I beat the game and then I never want to play it again. For multiplayer games, it depends on what kind of game it is. Usually the community of any given game ruins it for me. People on the internet are incredibly churlish towards each other constantly for no real reason other than because they can.

Maybe take a break until Classic drops and see how you feel?
It’s summer, go enjoy the sunshine before the rains hit.

2 Likes

Actually no. Modern wow feels more for people 25 and older and classic are for those that are younger or just missing some old feeling.

Classic just is a niche thing that hit a certain group of people.

Old starts at 25 now? Moving those goal posts a bit to the young side eh?

2 Likes

I dont think there is any rush in classic wow personally. Its old content but its being brought back to enjoy. Sure the grind is forever but its at your own discretion. In retail wow i feel obligated to maintain and keep up on a consistent basis or i am behind because of systems like AP.

The same argument could be made vice versa but for me i feel like classic is a long grind i welcome.

Right?
I remember thinking that 40 was old when I was in my teens.

1 Like

Your opinion, of course, but modern WoW has more interesting challenges for groups and even solo players than Classic. That’s just my opinion, but we are working with those here.

Classic doesn’t hold much excitement for me. I like how challenging raids are now, and the Mage Tower was the best thing they’ve ever added to this game.

How can I! MoP was my favorite expansion! }: D

Really just my opinion, take it or leave it but Retail is not alt friendly currently and we are in the midst of a very stale expansion probably the 2nd worst we have seen yet.

Classic is going to be a breath of fresh air and a triathlon that i cant wait to suit up for. I’m in no rush by any means to get to the end of this race and just enjoy it while i wait for 9.0. IF 9.0 is garbage then back to classic I go.

25 is OLD?! Come on, OP :roll_eyes:

/shakes cane in 49-year-old fist and falls asleep

1 Like

That’s fine, it’s your opinion, I got that the first time. And no Classic is not a breath of fresh air, at least not for those that know what to expect which is 90% of people.

You like it, that’s fine, go enjoy it, but it’s not made for people older than 25, lol, that’s just silly.

1 Like

I’m 33 and I have grey in my beard (hairline nonexistent.) you go to hell and you die.

1 Like

Yup, you’re right.

1 Like