Old gamers only 25+

Well, not to put too fine a point on it but; you’re wrong. I’m so beyond 25 it’s not even funny, I’ve been playing MMOs since there were MMOs, and came to the genre from tabletop gaming. I’m a gamer. I was a gamer before the <25 crowd were born, and I’ll be gaming until I physically can’t use whatever interface is around at that point.

1 Like

That’s one thing that concerns me about Classic, it almost gives the devs an out if they produce a poor expansion. It’s a double-edged sword of sorts. On one hand, it’s good for the players to have something to dabble in during content droughts but on the other hand, it might just become an excuse for devs to stagnate.

The optimist in me thinks that it might also give devs more incentive to take more chances with retail and innovate. Not sure which way it will go and the players will eventually get bored with Classic after a while so it won’t be a safety net forever.

I play the games I play cause I like it. It is a hobby of mine and helps me relax. Do I need another reason other than I like to do it???

Well, I turned 70 today and I don’t think I"m too old for the game. I’m enjoying it now as much as I did when I started back in 2010. It’s a great game and I feel that since I enjoy my play time, it’s not a waste of time.

Happily retired and loving my WoW.

8 Likes

You go!

2 Likes

Been Playing PC games since Battletech Crescent Hawk came out on 4.5 floppy, The first fantasy games I played were Might and magic series, Then Baldurs Gate , Diablo, Ultima Online played it when it first came out and up to BC in wow and been playing wow ever since,

I like Ultima Online better then wow because of the Housing situation and able to collect items and fix your homes up, What won me Over to come completely to WOW was the Lore, Fantasy Races, graphics and world size and the challenge, I actually would get lost in the game doing quests and it was exciting. I keep playing wow because of the time I have invested in it and the world still impresses me. But the challenges are pretty much gone.

But I do find myself playing WOW less and less nowadays due the Devs attitude towards the community and where they are taking the game its getting less fun to play with the Manipulation and RNG of the game. When I do get a item I was looking for after 100 times going through a dungeon its not a feel of accomplishment i feel, Its thank goodness I got it now I don’t have to come here again. I will turn 55 a few months and still play video games and I will be playing them until day I die! With no regrets woot woot!

Yeah that’s bs. Us oldies already sang that song and danced that dance. Saying that all 25+ people are gonna go flocking back is like saying we’re all just waiting for an opportunity to relive high school. Most of us grew up, champ.

No but having a less terrible personality will absolutely make up for your lack of height. One of my best friends, who is also one of the most gorgeous women I’ve ever met, is married to a dude that’s like 5’2", because he’s funny and treats her well.

I’m gonna feel genuinely bad for you when you spend millions on whatever crackpot limb surgery you’re talking about and women still won’t talk to you because they can tell you’re a horrible person.

6 Likes

I love how this turned into a great thread from people showing their own experiences and WoW and how life has been to them. It’s probably not what OP wanted but it’s been nice to read for me at least. Thanks ladies & gentlemen.

5 Likes

Well shoot, this just warmed my heart even more than this thread already did.

Keep on keeping on, friend!

3 Likes

I play because of the friends and guildies we have met. I met my wife on WoW back in 2012 and haven’t looked back. Sure we have taken breaks, sometimes that is needed. But we are planning on sticking around this go. We have come to have an amazing group of guildies who love to do things together and it really makes it desirable to login. We also play on consoles, and have other friends we have met on various games and platforms that have made gaming amazing for my wife and I

I second this. I love reading about people who love WoW, no matter if it’s Classic or Live, just because it has touched all of our lives and hearts in some way. And even if we’re frustrated with certain aspects of the game now, it’s still an important part of many of our lives. Unique to each one of us.

I’m finally home from work so it’s time for play time, and I likely won’t touch the forums until after raid. So to all the amazing and wonderful folks in this thread:

Have a wonderful rest of your night and I wish you all the best in your WoW endeavors!

:heart:

2 Likes

I feel you, I really do, I am only 5’7 myself. But that also means that you have a body type that is easier to build muscle on, dudes who are tall and lanky have a substantially harder time putting on muscle than people who are shorter without being broad and stocky in build. If you are broad and stocky in build, there are dozens of attractive options that can be pulled off.

If you already eat right and exercise, then it sounds like what you lack is confidence and self worth, not physical attractiveness. Yes, we live in a time period where it is insensitive to mock a woman for her weight but common to mock a guy for his height, which is outside of anyone’s control. Not trying to start a gender war but this is a double standard that currently exists, especially in online dating where woman use the “only 6’0 guys” in the profile intro.

As a fellow short guy, you just have to work around it. The good news is that there are plenty of short girls out there who compliment a short guy nicely. Focus on being someone that they want to snatch up and it will happen. You gotta pull yourself out of the funk first, otherwise nothing else will matter. If you can cook, and make her laugh, and make her feel important, then you will eventually score a forever win. It takes time, and failure.

Even Cloud has a point in FF7 where he is a mopey, unresponsive potato so the party goes on without him for a bit. Once he pulls himself together, he goes back to being the hero. That is something to keep in mind since you brought him up.

2 Likes

I started WoW in late 2004.

While the in-game experience has changed drastically, the one thing that has remained constant is the positive moments shared with friends, new and old.

WoW has always been about community and that depends largely on what a player puts into it. If you put nothing into building a community, you’re unlikely to get anything out of it.

Enjoy Raid night dear Highmountain… slow down, life is to be savored…
:panda_face:

Maybe we can make a thread for people to add each other in game to keep a tight WoW community. It would help my mysterious online wow anxieties since god help me I’m not like that in real life with actual people lol.

That could be a good idea! I feel that positivity in WoW isn’t easy to find these days, so any way to keep a sense of community like that would be fun!

I’ll ponder this during raid. Hoping to finish the meta achievement tonight! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Let’s be fair, my first thought was “Wow this guy has a real stick up his hind quarters” but we have a guy here who has become bitter and demoralized and a little bit resentful toward society for rejection over something he can’t control. In this case it seems to be an insecurity about height and a mindset that “if only I was taller” which happens to a lot of people, being a short dude definitely limited my dating prospects, but I had a real come-to-Jesus meeting and pulled myself out of a similar bad spot to the OP several years ago. Specifically the cringey “There is nothing wrong with me, why do women only date A-holes” meme.

OP needs some support right now, even from strangers, because he has obviously been bagged on about his height for a long time, and treated unfairly because of it. His post went from “Wow isn’t what it used to be” to “I am hurting over this personal issue.” which is the action of needing to talk about something but not knowing how. So he did it in a way where the truth could be “discovered” and a conversation could be started for him, which we did.

That being said, you are not wrong in your stance, surgeries are not often the answer and can lead to worse problems than they sought to correct. My fiance watches this series called Botched and…shudders.

OP, focus on accepting your insecurities and flaws and work on finding a way to get around them, it can definitely be done, but don’t go to Fullmetal Alchemist lengths to find a solution. Ed was also a short guy who tried to take shortcuts and it didn’t work out til he figured out what a dunce he was being. After that, he got a hot girlfriend.

Just a crazy thought, maybe discord or something, I’m new to all that since I never really bothered with it only for a guild-pug run in Legion for Tomb. :stuck_out_tongue: OtherWISE I’m new to that tech.

Sure if you are older and like the way retail is right now I must say you have exquisite taste is dog crap imo.

This is a really good point, I hope it entices them to take leaps instead of not trying anything new at all. I mostly men taking leaps for classes mostly.

Duly noted…but really

3 Likes