Old gamers only 25+

Yea if you believe those… gullible man. Most college kids sit on tinder trying to get lucky. Frats get drunk with their bros and usually end up with a fatchick (nothing wrong with that). Sororitys just take pics all day and drink like a fish. If they do intercourse, it’s usually 2/10 exp that they regret.

Are you speaking from experience? What credibility do you have?

I started playing WoW (and my first mmo) at 40. I’m just shy of 50 now

I’ve been to college. Go to the downtown bars. Most kids in there don’t even try to hit on girls and if they do 9/10 insta rejected. Going to college doesn’t get you insta-laid. Ur best bet is being on a college team (baseball,football,basketball) of some sort. Those are the ones to be jelly of.

1 Like

my life is over

You actually think you need plastic surgery after 25…

I can assure you this, if you think that’s actually needed to expand your dating pool, you are either dating the entirely wrong set of people, or you are the problem from a mental pov, not physical. I’d say it’s probably a combo of the 2 most likely.

5 Likes

You’re a Highmountain Tauren, what’s not to love, … big, kind, reasonable :heart: lol

Honestly though, OP seems very stuck in their own world and extremely depressed. Or severely cynical. Or both.

2 Likes

Your message is great, a desire to improve needs to come from a place of seeking improvement, not of meeting the standards of other people. That would be toxic and fleeting motivation at best.

A lot of what I see with people who are hesitant / avoidant on exercise is that they really don’t understand how broad of a term it is. There are certain exercises everyone loves, that I can’t stand, and certain exercises that I do weekly which have my friends question my sanity.

But for anyone who is on the fence: Exercise needs to be fun. Go experiment. Go for a run, if that sucks try jump rope, if that sucks try circuit training, if that sucks try weight lifting. If you try 7 things and only like 1 of them, then it is a victory because you discovered something you like which helps improve personal fitness. I love lifting weights and doing calisthenics, but you won’t find me doing cardio other than my once a week obligatory treadmill run. Fiance likes yoga but I can’t stand that either.

1 Like

I’ve been playing since I was 17, and I’m 31 now. I didn’t love everything that’s happened, but I don’t “regret” playing. It’s like dating, do you regret dating someone just because it didn’t work out even if it was just a good fit?

I think not having enjoyed something as much as I could have isn’t the same as wishing I’d never done it.

Don’t know if the other guys feels the same, but that’s my take from a similar experience.

I always think I don’t exercise, but my doc tells me otherwise. I have a horse. I do chores. Feeding, mucking, raking, scrubbing and dumping troughs, maintaining all the fencing, arena, barn, etc… And then I ride every day for an hour or so.

When it’s something you want to do, it somehow doesn’t seem like exercise.

2 Likes

Indulgence is damn near a requirement for vacations.

If you’re looking for something to do at night, consider booking a dinner at Medieval Times. They usually have a Horde vs. Alliance theme for Blizzcon weekend, and it makes the event a ton of fun. It’s a little pricey, but well worth the expenditure.

2 Likes

I’m not sure what that means and I am not sure I want to know, but I can definitely tell you that physical attractiveness is earned, not bought. Anybody can make lifestyle changes to get fit, find a hair style that works (even shaved) and do something with their bodies to be more attractive and confident. Transformation vids are all over the internet.

Procedures will only get you so far. If you don’t already have a good record of self care and a healthy lifestyle with a focused mindset, a few artificial changes would be the literal definition of (and no insult intended to anybody) putting lipstick on a pig.

1 Like

Awww, all the love. :heart:

You’re right, I’ve been there before. Depression is a real pain. I don’t have a good way out of it, and I wish I did. I still feel it since I’m a stubborn moo and refuse to go on medication, but a cat or two helps fight it back.

This is a great message, too. And I do love weights, but I just don’t have room in my tiny apartment and I get too tired if I go to a gym full of people. Cardio is the bane of my existence though I did get a bike, and actually just having that there — even if I haven’t ridden in a while — helps me feel less trapped. Like I have an option to just…go for a ride if it fits my fancy. Maybe just having options for folks is a good way to help, even if they don’t use it.

3 Likes

It’s something I have gotten awaken to a few years back. I stopped caring. I do things for myself and for my family which I love. When I feel good, and I change things that I feel I want to change about myself.

Is this… not common knowledge? I don’t feel like you realizing this stuff has anything to do with you growing up. It’s not like Dark Souls has ever been advertised as some crazy freeform sandbox. It’s not like WoW pretends to offer dynamic classes that are different depending on how each person decides to use their kit. Games are designed to be played in certain ways. Of COURSE they are. How was that ever in question?

I will say that breaking games is fun, though. You can do it plenty in WoW, but my first thought when it comes to that is Halo 2. That game was a broken mess if you let it be. And it was a more interesting game because of it, tbh.

I’m 26 next month. I still play games because I enjoy them for what they are. I enjoy the gameplay path designed by the devs. If I don’t, I don’t play that specific game. That’s all. Breaking that mold can be fun, but I feel like you’re in a very weird mindset if you can’t have fun while knowing that you’re on the intended path.

As far as MMORPGs go, It’s been my main staple since swapping to PC gaming back in like 2009. At the end of the day, I like them because I don’t feel like the time I put into these games is going to go POOF after a month or two, like it would with any single player game and most multiplayer games. MMOs are designed to be a long-term thing, so I feel like my time means more, even if some of the tropes that define MMORPG content feel dated.

1 Like

Unless it’s real dire, medication isn’t needed, and it’s all just mental perspective that takes a while to work on but it’s something you have to keep understanding that you work on day after day.

I go into depression from time to time, everyone does, on various levels. I’m dealing with a family member who is severely depressed and it’s been hard but it reinforces my own way of thought, my own way of life and mental fortitude.

I started playing in 2005 and I am 52 now. I enjoy playing and meeting new people and just have a way to have fun. All the people I started playing with have quit but for me this game has taught a lot about how I can accomplish challenges as I am disabled and I can honestly say it has been challenging for me.

I get that, I am fortunate enough to have a large basement, and some money for free weights, and the know-how to get free personal training via Youtube, but that was a goal I worked toward. I started off doing push ups and sit ups in my 10x12 childhood bedroom and running down the road to the stop sign conveniently a mile from my house.

This is the secret to making exercise work long term. If it if something that is dreaded and slogged through a few times a week, it won’t last, it’s like taking nasty medicine.

Make it fun, work in music, follow personal interests for what works and doesn’t work, and it will become a hobby, not an obligation. Sometimes I will even work on daily quests in between lifting sets.

1 Like

I suffered for decades. It still occasionally rears its ugly head. My main way to deal was to take it one moment at a time. I’m a stubborn old broad, so I refused to give in. Every day I made it through, I said to that monster, “This for you! I made it, and you couldn’t stop me.” Sometimes stubbornness is a virtue. :wink:

2 Likes

Absolutely, it needs to be fun, made fun, or you won’t stick to it.