Okay So What Do I Do Now?

Yes, but those weren’t on an individual level.

4 Likes

True but we have seen cases of it happening on the individual level too. Exploiters having titles/achieves/loot/gold ect removed and rollee back, hacked accounts having chars restored to a t from the point of account compromise and qlso char restoration for deleted toons even from ones deleted 2 plus years ago if you remember bfa launch they restored chars we didn’t ask them too we had deleted all the way back in van/tbc

That was a developer decision not a GM decision not something the GM can do that has to be higher power.

4 Likes

I agree that is dev decision not a gm one. My point its a poor choice of words to tell a customer “this is not possible” when it infact is just not by you. Let the customer know that and like one would in any customer service position move the matter up to someone who is able to handle it.

Thing is they have no reason to move it up since the developers have more pressing matters to deal with when the GMS are capaleble of doing smaller stuff like there doing. I should point out rollbacks are kinda like deleveling of old they tend to break stuff that requires more work then was necessary. The developers will only step in when all other steps have been tried. Developer intervention is a hail mary basicly.

3 Likes

Well its a bug they cant fix as they stated so would need a dev to fix as they can’t and even stated they have passed the information on to them in the responses they made to the op. So they have moved it up with good reason

This is what I was under the impression of and I didn’t understand why they couldn’t just rollback and character to an earlier time. I literally had no time to even log on my Druid today so if they could just roll it back to this morning there wouldn’t be any problems. But now apparently I have to wait 3 days for a fix which kinda doesn’t make sense to me.

Unless you’re a Dev and know the ins and outs of all of their processes, it might not make sense to you. It may seem like something so easy and trivial, but then it could just as easily break something all the worse. It sucks, it does, and I’m sorry you’re in this position, but a couple days of patience for them to fix things properly isn’t too much to ask for. It’s your choice not to want to fool with any alts or anyone else, and once things are fixed, then you can put forth the prospect of some sort of compensation. Since you’re really hung up on that.

5 Likes

Like I said before they can and telling you cannot was a poor choice of words. More likely is they don’t want too as they need your toon in order to find out why said bug happened and how to fix said bug. Recreation of the problem may not be simple or they may not know yet how it happened in the first place.

Why on earth would you even suggest this? You’re throwing out a lot of presumption and conjecture here. Stirring up unnecessary trouble and here of all places on the most heavily moderated forum? Not wise.

If it’s not something they can do - for whatever the reason? Then they cannot. Staff, whether GMs, Devs or whomever have to work within the confines of their positions. There are reasons for this, more often because something ‘simple’ can break things worse than the fix. Yes, under circumstances of hacks, they can reroll a character to a certain point. But even that has limitations and if there has been a transfer then they still have to wait out the cooldown period, etc. But just because they cannot certainly does not mean that they don’t want to.

6 Likes

For the purposes of bugs you wouldn’t want to roll back. You want to be able see when/what caused the bug in order to fix it. This is why I said the wouldn’t want too. You need a have a problem in front of you in order to solve it going back before the problem happens solves nothing.

Please don’t confuse that with what Empowerments is referring to. The roll backs you are recalling are game wide based on how data for all characters is save, generally when a realm crashes.

There isn’t a saved option that we can just revert a character back to, as if you are turning back a dial.

No, you haven’t.

Any titles, achievements, loot, gold, etc… that are removed as part of an exploitation penalty are done manually.

Again, that isn’t at all accurate. The restoration process involves log searches of the times that the account was compromised. The items, gold, etc… that were impacted during the compromise period is tracked and the overall damage is “undone”, not from some kind of rollback, but because the compromise system that was use removes and restores items, gold, etc… based on those logs. It is the same thing that our Game Masters used to do by hand, which is made a lot faster with the evolution of our tools, but it is still not a “roll back”.

Characters, when deleted, are basically frozen in time and as long as they remain in the database (i.e the database hasn’t deleted them based on level/time), they can be “undeleted” in the exact same state they were in when deleted.

Again, a misunderstanding of what happened and how our systems work. They were not “rolled back”. There was a version available in the database, based on how character transfers, faction changes and realm connections work.

No it wasn’t. That is the problem with all these assumptions on how our systems work with zero actual insight into any of them.

The Game Master didn’t say you had to wait 3 days, Empowerments. They told you that it may clear up within an hour or so, but it could take up to 72 hour. If it takes longer to please submit a ticket and let us know…

I think we’ve pretty much exhausted the limit for misinformation in this one so I’m going to lock the thread.

20 Likes