Okay, so. Was gonna buy Dragonflight:

1000 times this!

Gonna refer to Godwins 2nd law. Google it.

5 Likes

I can’t believe I haven’t heard this in like forever. I really need to update my 60-90s rock library, was just mooching off the radio forever until ads.

1 Like

The intro flashed into my head as soon as I read your post and I had to listen to it.

1 Like

He was wise then in my eyes. I can’t blame people for liking communism it’s very appealing on paper, not so much in practice. I think if a man were infallible it could work but even if that were possible it would only last for one generation at best.

1 Like

Him and Thomas Sowell are probably my greatest ‘heroes’ for lack of a better term.

1 Like

The funny part is that some super edgy woke person probably made this or a group of them did :joy:

Edit: Created by MIT folks and King Globalization Project Manager Jacqueline Chomatas.

In a couple of years Blizz and other companies will be Netflix telling their woke employees to take a hike, its already happening.

This would have made an even better April Fools joke then anything we’ve seen in the last decade. Hard to believe this crap is real…

Data is everything in the modern world. Don’t worry, it will get much worse for everyone eventually.

I defended Activision for a long time but they have become so cringe…broiled in political affairs, lawsuits, pandering to the loudest crowd, and now this, basically virtue signaling and forced inclusion. Is this the right way to do things or is it just worse for everybody? I’m leaning towards the ladder.

I miss just Blizzard, before Activision, when it was just some passionate friends making great games

2 Likes

Given everything we know now, it wasn’t paradise within the company even then. Never meet your heroes, as they say. But this game was definitely better back then at least, there’s no denying that.

1 Like

Blizzard, after their scandals, cannot afford the PR hit.

Sadly diversity is a fad, it really should just be the norm but as it stands right now it’s a fad.

If companies truly want to tell a grand story that appeals to diverse crowds you start in the offices, you hire artist, writers, and decision makers of all backgrounds and have them make a awesome story regardless of race/gender, because people pull from their own experience and interest when creating stories and art by hiring diverse the stories will naturally be good AND diverse.

But corporations don’t truly care so they will continue to go with the paint by numbers and rather choose a computer program that “diversifies” to show they care because it’s the fad, and once the fad moves on to the next one they will paint by the new numbers.

1 Like

That is most corporations these days. Jumping on bandwagons least they get left out. They don’t give a damn about any of these causes. They are gambling that they will fool enough people to counter the number of the ones they alienate.

Even SOME devs are speaking out against it.

It’s a horrible and weird idea put out by the Company to try to bury the load of accusations, lawsuits etc they faced.

It’s bad company behavior, being called out, and now doing 100 different things to try to say; WE CHANGED, SEE, WE ARE GOOD NOW… while they swing that pendulum far and do things that are dystopian almost lol

1 Like

They can afford it and it would be the right move if they want to make money.

Stop putting people in check boxes based off of skin color and gender. Hire people that are the best qualified for the job and duty.

FF14 is made by majority Japanese folks.

Most of our product are made by the Chinese, do you complain about that?

What about HVAC, Welding and other jobs like it?

The most racist thing you can think of is believeing skin and gender is more important then qualification for the job.

Its the most ignorant racists thing you can believe in and do.

3 Likes

The decision makers need to re-focus on great storytelling and creating superior games. Diverting creative energy into diversity is like upgrading the salt & pepper shakers but forgetting to cook an entree. In the end none of the details will make any difference if the game shows no improvement as a result. If anything, I believe the large majority of players would desire killer game play and a reinvigorated, compelling story line over having better makeup.

BTW, who here on this forum has actually SEEN a live Orc or Elf? How did he/she look, and what color?

Uuuuh… Pretty sure Daredevil’s blindness was actually THE defining moment in his backstory. It’s what gave him his superhuman senses. The fact that he’s blind permeates every inch of his character and how he interacts with the world.

Being blind is not just a box to check off. If you have a character who is blind, you have a lot to think about with how that affects their lives - their interactions with people and the world, their thoughts and feelings about themselves, etc. This is also true for other characteristics. A character’s sexuality impacts not only how they engage with others (who’da thought, who you’re attracted to affects how you interact with other people), but depending on the setting could also have implications for how that character has been treated by society and therefore their entire lived experience. The same goes for race, religion, ability, gender identity, etc.

To bring it back around to Daredevil: If a writer makes a blind character and you legitimately never notice the character is blind… then you didn’t make a blind character.

2 Likes

This made my night!

1 Like