Okay, hear me out

The main reasons I have a garrison outside of having a home is for the ah, bank, and guild bank. If they take that away I’d be one angry panda.

It’s the same comment a lot of the time that gets made about Torghast to be honest. Torghast was a fun concept with fun ideas but Blizzard tried to make it so it was something people had to do multiple times a week. And suddenly because it was forced, it lost a lot of appeal. Torghast became infinitely more fun (for me personally) when suddenly there’s a bunch of mounts and cosmetics in it and it’s not so forced.

1 Like

Then I would hate this new garrison as much as I hated the old garrison.

The old garrison wasn’t mine. It was 95% un-customizable.

1 Like

Garrisons aren’t player housing.

I’ve enjoyed player housing in games in the past a fair amount. (SWToR is where I experienced it)

1 Like

Just steal FF14 housing. Their housing system is good. No reason to reinvent the wheel.

I heard FF14 had limited housing, as in, only a certain amount so everyone couldn’t get a house.

Why would anyone want that? I would rather have instanced housing where everyone could get a house.

Don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

f14 housing is functional. It does everything you want from housing. Gets players to RP parties, and invite their friends over. Lets them decorate.

ff14 does the job. And I’m not one to complain about a job being done sufficiently.

Well, SWTOR does a good job with housing too plus everyone gets one. There’s no competition to buy. :woman_shrugging:

Yes it does or what’s the point.

1 Like

The biggest problems with garrisons were, imo

• no race-specific customization options
  • no Commanders Quarters (am I supposed to sleep on the floor? I’m the commander, helloooo)
  • Mine/Herb Garden should only be available if you have the relevant profession and should take up at least a medium building plot, maybe even large
1 Like

I, personally, am not a fan of player housing. I see no reason for it other than for role playing.

That being said, there is an RP community, so op’s idea does make sense.

Also, should they relocate all of the mission tables in the game into garrisons?

Player Housing or Garrisons are very much fine.

Just dont tie them into endgame power progression which was the biggest mistake for WoD and for why people hated garrisons in the first place because it forced players to isolate themselves.

If it was optional and all cosmetic like how every other MMO that has housing does then this would be a good addition to the game

1 Like

Four words: Waste of developer resources.

I always see player housing as such a hugely requested ask from a lot of people.

So no, its not a waste of resources just because you dont like it

1 Like

Ten words:

3 Likes

One word.

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis.

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

If we’re going to base player housing on garrisons, we definitely need race specific garrisons.

Because let’s be honest, the horde garrison SUCKS

1 Like