Ok, what the heck? Removed from group and deserter debuff?

Jeff Probst has a story about that line. I saw an interview where he said he wished he had invented it but he didn’t.

What happened was that when “Survivor” was being developed he heard about how the voting off of players would go. This was all new back then. So he went and talked to Creator/producer Mark Burnett who tried to explain that it was what would make the show work. When Probst tried to argue about it Burnett said to him, “that’s it, the tribe has spoken”.

And the rest is Survivor history.

1 Like

I have been kicked out of battles grounds before it was started . I didn’t think that was possible. Very rare to see anyone gets kicked out of battle grounds . The players probably knew who i was , so they didn’t want me on their team .
No , i wasn’t a pvp troll . Nor was i bad at BGs . For some reason i just out kicked out .

1 Like

My recent experience with the deserter debuff was,
I queued for an LFR wing, queue popped, clicked on it immediately, but couldn’t zone in because the group already pulled.
So I gave up and decided to re-queue, so I left the group and got the deserter debuff.

Who ever designed this damn debuff, should find another job.

2 Likes

You were kicked because voting system takes 1 person to kick, two to vote.

You obviously did something wrong to make the other two people upset

You’re not a victim

Believe what you want but I honestly didn’t know being kicked gave a deserter debuff. I thought the debuff was only if you, you know, deserted. I don’t do group content much and when I do I don’t go AFK or spam or even talk more than a hello. I don’t pull before the tank or suck enormously, I don’t have an obnoxious or insulting name (alt is a paladin named Glory). So I just don’t get kicked.

Since I was doing just as much work and my fair share of damage I have to assume it was either some dingdong power leveling himself with an alt account and didn’t want anyone else in the group (for some reason?). Or they kicked me because my character isn’t 70 yet (currently 67). Or, just occurred to me, could even be due to the alt being a black human woman (and I know some people are going to go nuts over me even mentioning that, but I had to have been kicked for some reason and sadly that is a possibility).

Anyway, being kicked shouldn’t give the same debuff as abandoning a group. That’s just dumb.

Anyway, back to it.

1 Like

Are you sure?

Since 2019 you knew what the deserter buff does

6 Likes

All three are times I left the group myself. Try again?

1 Like

Zumakind out for blood :dracthyr_nervous_animated:

2 Likes
3 Likes

Do you not read what you post??

I re-captured a mine and then stood in a corner while I, you know, took care of stuff. Came back and deserter debuff.

How do you leave a group when you went afk in a corner???

4 Likes

Cat must have gotten on the keyboard

Dude, when you go AFK in a battleground you get kicked out by the game. It’s the same as quitting the group. I knew if I was gone too long I’d go AFK and get automatically booted and I was gone too long.

2 Likes

Welcome to the Occulus, the tank and healer are AFK and will not participate until they are vote kicked. They won’t leave, or they get debuffed, so you are waiting 2-3 minutes to kick, then hope the replacement desn’t do the same.

2 Likes

Yes. Because the group decided they didn’t want you there for whatever reason they decided.

Yes you can. You just can’t join a queue.

Yes… Because people vote you AFK, which gave you a timer debuff to do something or get kicked

Again, you know what vote to kick does

You are making threads for questions you already know

2 Likes

You could just apologize instead of doubling down on your attacks on me after your ‘detective work’ didn’t show what you thought it showed. But whatevs.

3 Likes

Jeff probst… Little Timmy?

Gotta love all of the forum Sherlocks around here.

1 Like

I personally think the debuff should be an hour if you’re kicked

Clearly did something wrong

Yeah, the whole “You know you get the debuff for being kicked because look at these posts where you got the debuff for willingly leaving the group. Now let me harass you about it” is kinda something.

Anyway, I’m out. Knock yourselves out.

1 Like