Ok... ACCOUNT WIDE RENOWN

Well the garrisons achievements for rank 3 buildings were originally character specific and they made those account wide. The result being no content and huge damage to the wow economy because of easy gold.

This expansion has no real gold rewards. So I don’t see how that is an argument.

When people are defining things in their own terms and expecting you to accept it, there is no argument to be had here.

SWTOR is a bad example. For a start, it’s become a single-player game that labels itself as an MMO. For another, it’s F2P and relies heavily on microtransactions for its money. And finally… other than those of us who maybe started with it from the beginning, who plays it anymore? This game started ten years ago with about 30 servers. It’s down to 4. And as of last week, they’ve put in a season grind system like Diablo III, just to give people something to do. Their first itty-bitty story content in almost six months was released at the same time. (And people think WoW has content droughts.)

I was pointing out, that it has happened in the past, i.e. things made from character specific to account wide and the consequences of doing it.

Imagine you getting ‘this expansion has no gold’ out of that.

Even as lazy as I am I say no to this. I do however want to be able to skip the covenant quest line and just buy the rewards with anima once I have completed it on another toon. Doing them more than once is painful.

:cookie:

1 Like

-fix the stupid bug where after you do a weekly hand in for anima or souls you lock yourself out of anima gains for the week.

-add achieves for finishing each specific campaign that can be skipped. So, you will need to do all the campaigns to get all the skips.

-increase drop rates of Renown to activities proportionally based on how far from current cap you are.

My point is that making anima and renown acc wide will have no real negative consequences. Your argument that in the past adding account wide stuff has had negative consequences is weak and unimaginative because the prior expansions had better rewards for that such as gold, which led to the consequences.

Unimaginative.

ITT: Lazy people.

Seriously, I jumped back into the game after having not touched it since December and catching up on renown is laughably easy. If you don’t have the time for catch up even with the absurd ease of it, you probably shouldn’t be trying to manage alts.

Account wide soul ash or anima would be preferable. It’s really not that hard to catch up on renown. Probably takes less than a week. I’ve done it a couple of times now.

That isn’t what I replied to. This is what I replied to. Now if you want to move your goal post into the next county fine but really…

Because then you won’t be able to spend another 100 hours in the game this month! :confused:

And How does this invalidate what I said? They could have adjusted the gold rewards for that case. All the stuff still needed to be account wide. I’m not seeing your argument for why these things should not be account wide. The goalpost is exactly where it was. Unimaginative.

If you click and hold your mouse over the text then let go, you’ll highlight the text and a "Quote dialog’ll appear, that’ll allow you to then click that to be able to quote people in your reply, like so many of us do. Reply, then do it again for as many times as you need to!

That’ll avoid misunderstandings like what you just faced.

Welcome to quoting!

Because you were wrong - they did make it things account wide on that occassion. So your ‘never’ is a lie.

I made no attempt to actually argue why these things should not be account wide because I didn’t care about that part of it. Blizzard knows that will destroy the game for many people and will cost them $$$$, so that argument is pointless.

I mean renown is extremely quick to get. Do almost any sort of content and you’ll get renown levels.

I’d rather skip the covenant story quest if I’ve done that covenant on a different character already. If you haven’t done the covenant campaign on a toon, then no, you shouldn’t skip it just because you want to. However, once you’ve done it once I hate redoing quests (I’m not a quester).

I disagree.

While there are many things that would do well with being account wide especially many core systems being timegated for each individual character there are other things that should remain.

There has to be some sort of boundary between “OMG this is taking too long and I have to repeat it ALL on EVERY character I have” and “I did it all on my main already so everything should be done on my alts when I log into them”

Renown as far as I can tell isn’t that bad. It isn’t like when you could only progress 2 levels a week when the expansion first started because all 40 levels are fully available meaning you can complete loads of content to earn “bonus” renown to power through them very quickly.

That isn’t going to help that person. They are just trying to pretend they didn’t make a ridiculous statement.

How will renown acc wide destroy the game?

Also there were other things that weren’t acc wide that expac but should have been, such as ring upgrades.

Unimaginative.

Renown is fine.

I want account wide anima
Not the achievements, the literal amount of anima in your resivoir.

Also, account-wide sanctum upgrades. Cross-covenant.