Oh would you look at that

Guild Wars 2 is adding player housing. And we’re still waiting.

P.s. I don’t want to hear that’s what garrisons were. Because, no

48 Likes

That’s what garrison were.

63 Likes

Oh would you look at that yet another thread on this subject on top of ones already posted this morning and for years.

25 Likes

Go play GW2

30 Likes

If you were a gw2 player you’d be whining that player housing and spears are weak expansion features, same way people here are whining that hero talents and earthen are weak expansion features.

As an enjoyer of both since 2007, I’m less excited for Janthir and player housing. It’s a boring feature. The housing instance on release was boring. This will be boring. Garrisons are boring. Warcraft housing would be - - boring.

7 Likes

Player housing bleh. Hopefully they never add it.

:skull:

18 Likes

Oh would you look at that. Another thread about this.

Oh damn it, you beat me to it.

4 Likes

What does a wandering adventure, champion, hero, that is always called into action, need with a house?

But if they ever do, it should be professions, and professions only that are used to give materials and plans to build and furnish the thing.

4 Likes

Wow has never had housing. Expecting it to have housing is insanity.

That’s like going to Starbucks and then leaving a bad review because they don’t sell flip flops.

You housing people for some reason expect a thing to have a thing that it has never had or been marketed as having.

14 Likes

Good for them.

1 Like

Yup Homesteads

3 Likes

Tbh a GW3 would probably be a decent wow contender. Needs revamps and a marketing push because its style wasn’t made to stand as timeless but it does alot better than wow imo.

Call JG Wentworth @877 House Now, It’s your housing and you want it now!!!

/s < for reference

5 Likes

It would be like FFXIV and sell decorations in the WoW shop!

Paintings of Anduin, plants, rugs, teddy bears for beds and furniture!

Nooo!

Wow is an MMO. Many MMOs have housing. That’s like a rival to starbucks coming out with a new drink. Then 4 other coffee shops have that drink. It’s the best drink but starbucks refuses to add it.

6 Likes

Good for the Jones but we don’t need to be playing keep up with lesser games.

Watching smaller studios make strides while you remain stagnant because you are temporarily at the top is how you lose your place.

10 Likes

Sure but Square Eniq is no small studio and many games prior have had player housing so it isn’t really the boon of MMO growth you are claiming it to be. Housing has been a problematic development quagmire for many games and developers should be hesitant to touch it.

If player housing and comparable art is all that was needed to dethrone wow then Wild Star would still be here and EQ2 wouldn’t have died.

4 Likes

GW2 is by arenanet and is considerably smaller than blizzard

This is a strawman argument.

2 Likes

That makes sense, and I understand what you’re saying.

At the end of the day, a video game is a business. I’m sure that Blizzard, etc, have researched housing in other games and come to the conclusion that it isn’t a viable or lucrative venture. If they thought they could make profit from adding housing, they would.

Many games that have housing seem to be failing, and they add housing as some sort of last-ditch effort to not go under. WoW, despite what GD naysayers claim, is not dying - I’ve played other games that have housing, and they’re ghost towns (except FF14).