Oh boy its happening

So, a riot mmorpg is 100% confirmed and they’re hiring for it.
What are you guys toughts, when it come out y’all gonna check it? Its going to be f2p?
For the people wanting more info about it heres the official link, just remove the space on it

http s://www.riotgames .com/en/mmo-recruiting

5 Likes

If riot actually made a good MMO and not some clone of any of their other games then good. However considering their fanbase it probably won’t be worth it.

4 Likes

Don’t care until there is more information and a beta to look at.

6 Likes

The MMORPG market is really behind imo, its wide open for the taking. And honestly i dont think taking over this market would be all that hard if something solid came out with new graphics/physics/mechanics. It’s a pretty rough genre to tackle though when it comes to starting from the bottom. Hope someone makes something cool sooner than later.

16 Likes

There’s like 40 other threads about it, this isn’t new news.

I’ll say what I’ve said before: riot’s community is hot garbage and I want nothing to do with it.

6 Likes

So a release date of 2024 or 2025?

Great exemple of how much better the wow community is /s

5 Likes

I have zero connection to riot games, I don’t even know who they are. Why would I abandon a fictional universe that has been with me for almost 30 years?

8 Likes

I don’t see how pointing out a fact proves anything to you, but okay.

2 Likes

I think they should hire me.

1 Like

You are, after all, a trained professional!

3 Likes

Well they got experience mmorpg developers from WoW, GW2 and I believe various of others games. It could be something that’s for sure, but we gotta wait at least 1 or 2 years before we get any sort of footage. LoL lore is pretty huge.

1 Like

Isn’t League of Legends known for being one of the most toxic games ever made?

6 Likes

Nah, just a bit cofused about you calling a community toxic while being toxic yourself

3 Likes

Ah I see the mixup. You’ve confused “pointing out facts” for “being toxic”.

1 Like

Riot MMO has been basically confirmed for months now.

My thoughts? I’m excited for it. Runeterra is a fantastic setting for an MMO with how much work Riot have done over the years fleshing it out and I’m interested to see how it plays out, especially with Ghostcrawler at the helm.

There’s a lot of questions about how the game itself will actually work in regards to gameplay, factions, etc, but I’m interested in it and will be following it’s development.

6 Likes

It is, but for some reason it still pulls in great money every month. Overwatch comes in 2nd place for being another toxic game.

So in 2026 or 2027?

I’m curious what idea they’ve come up with. I don’t think they’ll get anywhere just doing “the stuff that was good about GC’s WoW with a LoL coat of paint” slapped on.

They must think they have something unique to start with since a new from-scratch MMO is such a huge risk to take.

2 Likes

Riot’s community IS the WOW community.

Or rather, the part that left WOW to play LoL.

Have to remember, the thing that actually stuck the knife into WOW and started to let it slowly bleed out was LOL. It just didn’t stick it in hard enough to kill it, because for awhile, the raid loggers played both games.

1 Like