Oh boy its happening

cant wait to hear all about it costing 60k to get all the 8 hundred million skins slapped on top of a lackluster game.

What design decision do you regret the most, from all games?

“I have a lot of regrets about Raid Finder for WoW. I am sure I worked on features that were much, much worse, but that’s the first one that came to mind.” - Riot MMO Lead Developer.

Yordle master race. Can’t wait to make a cooler version of Poppy.

1 Like

I hope it isn’t Free to play as those games have lots of monetization methods baked into the gameplay.

You want to build/make a [thing], come back in three days or pay $3 $3 is in a currency called gems or something.

F2P games can make a lot of money.

I wanna side with Noxus and bring the entirety of Runeterra under daddy Swain’s leadership.

1 Like

Less than zero interest if the playerbase is anything like that of LoL’s.

1 Like

Every competitive game has a toxic community sadly, even wow.
I’ve already seen exemples on this very thread abou wow community being toxic

1 Like

I’ll take a look at whatever game Riot builds, absolutely. It’s always nice to have more games coming out.

1 Like

League is in a “league” of its own, though, as multiple people in this thread have pointed out.

Like, I get you have a personal investment in this, but be honest.

1 Like

I am a Noxus fan too and rather play Darius over Garen.

I mean Blizzard playerbase isn’t too far from it just saying. Anything that’s competitive becomes toxic.

if it turns out more fun than wow for me and isn’t as much of a time sink, i could play it

but yeah idc about it rn i’ll wait until release(i don’t preorder etc)

1 Like

I’m not sure if this is true. LoL has a very bad reputation that everyone seems to know about.

1 Like

I like Darius, but look at Swains art in Legends of Runeterra.

https://cdnportal.mobalytics.gg/production/2020/04/swain-level-2-splash.jpg

And his voice actor? So good.

1 Like

Not just LoL, the entire MOBA genre is like a magnet for some of the most unpleasant individuals on the internet. One would think that those types of games are tailor-made for bringing out the worst in people.

At least in WoW the nastiness can mostly be opted out of. Just fly solo-casual or find a chill guild with zero tolerance for that sort of stuff.

LoL’s more toxic overall, but WoW definitely has its share of people who fly off into a rage of their pugged M+ key or heroic raid isn’t going smoothly enough for their liking.

League community actually isn’t that bad outside of their “ELO hell”.

I’ve definitely had a whole lot of people rage at me in high plat / low diamond. Which I guess might be its own kind of ELO hell depending on who you ask.

Before we go slamming LoL’s toxic community, let’s remember that one of the first WoW memes to break big was an unhinged person screaming about 50 DKP MINUS! because of an Onyxia wipe.

Edit: never played LoL so I have no context myself. But still.

7 Likes

Sure, but the whole reason that guy became a meme was because even most WoW players found him ridiculous. He was the exception, not the norm.

1 Like

From my experience.
WoW is not that close as to where Overwatch is.

That I can agree too unlike Overwatch nothing, but Debby downers there.

Almost slowly climbing out of it. I think I will hit G4 by tonight if possible.