Oh boy, gargoyle AGAIN as a talent

It was suffering from GCD/CD bloat man. Everyone knows it.

My issue is what are they gonna do to compensate us for losing a baseline 3 min cd? That dmg loss needs to be recovered somewhere

no, only bad players who dont understand unholy think that.

i dont care if someone is in method, if you dont understand unholy you dont understand unholy.

1 Like

One assumes the smart play would be to compensate with additional resources, given folks on the discord are talking about unholy sitting on as high as 30% idle time in combat which is just… really high.

Its not about not understanding it. Its the FACT that unholy has way too many GCD’s to press before you are using rotstional abilities. Blizz obviously understands and changed it. Dont get upset

I am actually ok with Dark Transformation going away or being folded into something else, I am not OK with that something else being Apocalypse.
Apocalypse is starting to do and be affected by too many things. It will make things extremely hard to balance or adjust down the road.

no it doesn’t.

rotational abilities are just filler between cds. gcds are the ladder you fill along the way between moments.

nothing is lost by pressing a GCD that does damage (like gargoyle). just because you dont immediatly see yellow doesn’t mean that GCD and button press had no meaning.

thinking that hitting scourge strike and festering strike is you doing damage to the boss and gargoyle and DT aren’t puts anyone firmly in the amateur end of the player pool.

DT holds a special place as a cooldown because it has very important utility and very importanly needs to be seperate from apoc.

what everyone wanted was DT off the GCD, not baked into another spell.

Dude, you literally use Outbreak on pull. That’s a rotational ability. And Festering Strike like 3 seconds later. That’s also a rotational ability. Heck, with today’s changes, Apoc with all the CD reductions it has available is starting to feel like a rotational ability.

There was nothing wrong with the opener outside of Dark Arbiter being baseline and the Runic pump and dump gameplay not quite being possible with the rest of the toolkit we’ve gained since Legion.

Holinka the un-unpruner

1 Like

Should’ve just made Apoc summon the Gargoyle too. The be all end all spell for Unholy. Who needs buttons when you have Apoc?

Bring back Horn of Winter and put it on Apoc too plz.

2 Likes

Make DoT ticks reduce the CD on Apoc, make Apoc do DT/Outbreak/Army/Gargoyle/Apply Wounds/Pop Wounds/Coffee.

Unholy Gameplay : Apoc -> wait for Dots to tick down Apoc cd -> Apoc.

2 Likes

why stop at coffee?

Apoc should carry me to 1800, +15, and just give me AoTC every time i press it.

I’d be down for Apoc to get up in the morning and go in to work for me, maybe do groceries and cut the lawn too.

Come on Blizzard.

So currently on PTR with Necromancers Bargain and no Vision of Perfection I can get Apocalypse back off cooldown before 15 seconds is over with lucky Sudden Doom procs lol.
Too lazy to do damage meter tests or anything but that seems funny, especially when combined with the new fire chains pet talent.
Also keep in mind there’s a legendary in Shadowlands that gives 20% attack speed and 20% damage for you and your ghoul while dark transformation is active.

1 Like

nice.

Makes up for the lack of pet control. now its perma pet so long as we have a target to Apoc

This is really upsetting to hear, and dark transformation as well?

2h frost it is I guess (or might just go lock instead), I was really excited for gargoyle to come back base, I had it changed to look like the dark arbiter which looks so cool IMO, as a Talent it will just sit there and only be picked when I feel like goofing around.

1 Like

I like the changes:)

I’m not sure why they went this route…If you are going to make gargoyle a talent then just bring back the proper Dark Arbiter talent. Otherwise no one will ever select it.

It literally is Dark Arbiter. Has been since the first patch of 8.0.