Oh Baby! We're BACK!

Feels like Cata spriest. I’m 79-1 in duels, yah i fought another spriest main once (i know it was you Talb).

I CAN LITERALLY BUY SHADOWLANDS NOW. TY BLIZAZARD

18 Likes

Yeah it’s looking really good for PvP. Shadow is currently a livelord spec that takes a bit to actually kill.

Now we’ll have big damage to go with the tankiness. I’m fully expecting people to call for nerfs on us

Especially after a priest pops voidform, mindflays them so they can’t run, then nukes them down with 5 charges of instant mindblast

We’re looking kind of OP to be honest

3 Likes

We’ll see how things go with tuning. But that scenario is a good possibility.

Kinda funny to think about tbh. Repaying all the pain people have given us by training us.

5 Likes

Yeah I’m not mad at the idea of nuking melee down when they try to run

4 Likes

Recorded my last duel against a destro warlock

4 Likes

3 instant CCs, a cooldown for instant dots (which will now probably actually hurt because there’s no more voidform to contain all of shadow’s damage), being able to bank instant MBs, and still keeping all the defensives it’s gained too?

that’s bretty good
kinda surprised shadow’s keeping all 3 CCs tbh

I don’t think Shadow has ever been FOTM in the entire existence of the game. Let us be broken on launch for the first patch.

1 Like

Oh I’m excited to be OP

I’m expecting a river of tears from everyone. We’ll probably be the new destro locks. It’s going to be so fun

1 Like

There are already 3 members of my guild talking about rolling Spriest now. Perhaps it is out time to be FOTM after all

Shadow was FOTM in Emerald Nightmare and Eternal Palace, a lot of the Voidform babies come from those two eras

3 Likes

I kind of don’t want to be too op. Blizzard has a bad habit of making a spec super broken in the first patch and then full on beating it to death with nerfs in the second.

They tend to balance things with a chainsaw rather than a scalpel. So I’d rather be middle of the pack in terms of dps. Lol

6 Likes

ideally nobody would be broken and nobody should want that. its bad for the game. ofc it happens. im just happy that we finally got our spec back and want it to work. im worried that if we are broken theyll go too far with the nerfs and we will lose the tankiness that historically a shadow priest should have.

1 Like

and the aoe might be good enough to be able to play mythic+ too, maybe.

2 Likes

It was flavor of the month in 1v1 back in vanilla. Legendary for tormenting people in the open world.

You press 3 buttons and do 150% of a persons health. That’s not going to last.

That’s stupid. Launch lasts a few months at best with low ilevel gear. Content drought X.3 can last more than half a year in full BiS mythic raid gear and secondary stats up in the 40%'s.

If you want to be OP, do it smartly. The last time any spec was OP in beta it becomes nonviable for 2+ years.

3 Likes

IDK man, not to be rude, but DH has been a low skill ceiling lol-op class for about 2-3 years now. Ridiculous mobility combined with absurd self sustain. I’m not sure which is the best tank right now, but it’s up between DH and DK - then again maybe hero classes are just supposed to be that good…

5 Likes

Shadow has been fotm at least 4-5 patches from my memory for either pve or PvP. Or it’s been in that spot just under fotm where it’s still S tier but doesn’t do “That thing” people are so riled about. MoP S1.

Anyone actually have a video of beta duels? I haven’t been able to find anything.

1 Like

We’ll be fine for like one season, then we’ll go back to being crap because of nerfs… I don’t trust BLizzard

Why would you be surprised, especially when one is a talent lol. Also a 45 sec cd to apply all dots when dispel is what, a 6 second cd?