Offline play

I do. Blizzard is not going to waste resources making an Offline mode for old content. They would just tell you to play something else during down time.

Yeah it never happens, except for all the times you see all the players in the chats complaining about lag spikes and getting dc’d all the time…

Maybe during live maintenance?..

Any other time? no, not really.

Check with your internet provider.

Yeah I won’t be responding to you anymore. Move along.

Yea, thought so.

To be fair there is a memory leak going on that they need to fix.

Outside of that the potential for cheating far outweighs the benefits. If this game wasn’t a group game I would agree. Diablo could use an offline mode, not wow

they tried it for D2 and it got abused to hell due to being able to edit local files.

I don’t know how offline would work for these types of games.

I can see that. Unfortunately they think pvp is a good idea

1 Like

I haven’t seen information as to what is on the client and what is on the server. So I was just asking.

I never heard of this so I had to look this up, and I say no in relation to the game. If you wish it to be totally different game experience go right ahead but not in the game.

1 Like

I don’t “wish it to be totally different game experience”.
Nothing I’ve said is even close to that.

So you wish it to be embedded with the game?

Yes, an added functionality.

So it’s ok to play on your pc and mobile at the same time ? Do you see the problem?

While this seems like an interesting idea at first glance, I don’t think it would be feasible to implement due to a significant risk of it being able to be exploited.

1 Like

Simply, the servers aren’t down enough to anywhere near justify the amount of work necessary to pull this off.

And, no, “all of the required files” are not on the computers. The client is the client, it moves us around the world. The servers are the logic. You want a drop? Hit the server. You want to know how much the mobs hit you for? Hit the server. See that mob that’s not chasing you? That’s because the server told it not too.

There’s no “game” on the client, just world.

2 Likes

The only way this could happen is with a pure offline character where nothing transfers to live.

That doesn’t even vaguely address the issue.

#agreed
/10char

1 Like

Your entire issue isn’t an issue.

Your solution would lose blizzard a ton of money.