Offline play

I’d like to suggest that we be allowed to do solo content such as old dungeons and raids while offline, or while servers are down for maintenance.
All of the required files are already on our computers, and all of the results of such play can be logged and uploaded to Blizzard once you reconnect.
I see no reason for such solo content to only be accessible on live servers. We pay for the content, let us play it when and where we want.
I imagine it the same way we have access to old raids LFR variants from an NPC, only it would be all of the dungeons and raids and any other solo content from all expansions in a single interface, no travel necessary. Just click which content you want to do and be instantly zoned in.

1 Like

No. It would be too easy to hack.

19 Likes

The game doesn’t need more things client side it would just make cheating that much easier.

9 Likes

Being only old content which we’ve already paid for and which doesn’t affect gameplay in the current expansion, I don’t consider this to be a sufficient objection, nor do I really believe it.

Alright as long as you can’t actually unlock or progress anything and nothing you do transfers to live servers

People will cry because they got items/xmog/mounts from the content when it was relevant. Blizzard kinda(seriously) caters to cry babies…

3 Likes

Things like gaining mounts and transmogs should, and that’s really the only thing I’d want it for, to be able to rush a bunch of toons through old raids for my weekly mount chances while not having to worry about lag spikes or being dc’d, and then being able to dedicate all of my live time to current content.

Well for one if they allowed this it would mean our character files would be stored locally so that any progress we make offline such as getting transmogs/mounts would be saved and uploaded to the character servers if you can’t see how this would be abused I can’t really help you

2 Likes

No, the main character files would stay on Blizzard servers, and only the logs of what content we did while offline would be sent to update on reconnect.
I’m sure they’d be able to do it in a way that it couldn’t be cheated.

If they removed gold drops and the ability to vendor items for gold(or even 1 copper) there wouldn’t be an issue. lol considering they went from once a week maint for years to 4-5 times a week… yeah. There’s a reason i’ll just spend gold for a sub. They have down time during the main times i have available to play(kids are in school, house is peaceful).

Oh yea, can just casually edit stuff to unlock everything and say you 100% got it legit

Plus what about all the gold/tradable things that drop normally?

Just say you got luckily and had 50 of them drop

So, hacking making 100,000 gold is just no big deal because its old content? And YOU “believing it” is not required for it being obviously true.

Oh no, somebody cheats in a single-player game. :scream: That has never happened in the history of histroies! /s

They can’t even stop people from cheating with the majority of the game being handled server side so there is no way they could stop people from cheating locally.

Remove money drops and remove the ability to vendor items while offline. Where’s your argument now?

Wow isnt a single player game lmao

I know, but what OP was asking for is pretty much that considering…

Single-player games tend to be solo/offline.

I’m sure they can, but they choose not to, so they can maintain the “need” for all of the security and the restrictions.

Hack the highest value items into my inventory and sell them when online.

Yeah. Some people…