Offline again, naturally

why is it down again?

Probably to address the many many issues that Blizzard said we would be able to test.

For example, we are supposed to level from 80-85, yet XP is turned off and we get ported out of cata zones.

I bet there is a lot more, but thats the biggest one hitting rn.

1 Like

I character transferred one character. It started in Org. It then fell through the floor and kept falling. After 10 seconds I disconnected from the server. Logged back on started in “falling foreverland” and it disconnected me again.

I don’t think the big issue they’re trying to fix is the level cap.

Yea I noted that when I copied my lock (2nd toon to clone) and he fell in foreverland, and then I DC’ed.

but my first toon didn’t fall and I was able to test on him for quite a bit before the DC hit.

P.S. FIX SHADOW PRIEST DOTs PLZ

Hearth to Dalaran, copy your character and then use the portal to return to Orgrimmar, your character was probably in an invalid location when you copied it and the world has changed.

wonder if moving the toon in live would also fix — and then re-copy

Gaining XP is disabled. Also no flying

This. My Rogue spawns in under the AH in Stormwind.

Seems they forgot to sync Classic map coord to Cata map coord, they need to override char copy spawn point function or just hard code it to somewhere in SW / ORG (cata ver)

I’m glad to see they’ve moved on to the next stage. But they should have fixed most of the problems already reported. I know wishful thinking. LOL Believe it or not this is not the worst wow beta I’ve been in but it is close. I’m guessing the server will not be back up again for several hours.

Or have it spawn where hearth is set. They’ve done this before.

We need to give these few dev peeps a break, small indie company just purchased by a smaller indie company, Bob and Steve are doing their best guys…

Hearth locations might have changed, so you would be back in the same boat. using a predefined “starting” point when copying would be better

Your hearth is changed, mine was set to dal, after copying it was changed to org.

I finally get time to play then… Servers down.

I agree, give them a break. The game code is having to be migrated to Retail coding So no sense in saying anything about “small indie companies blah blah blah”. Seems to be a lot of arm chair Expert game programmers in our midst!

There’s lots of them every time something in the game ever breaks.

1 Like

Yes I agree!!! Lets give them, I dunno, say another 14-year break, maybe enough time? Sound about right…?

Frustrating to hear guildies telling me how great the improvements are. Gilbert O’Sullivan you ARE the man!

Completely agree with you IF the coding was staying the same… Why don’t you lay out for us the coding that will fix all of these issue for them! We will wait… Didn’t think so. Sit back in your Arm Chair and respond for us in an inflammatory fashion so we can eat some popcorn and laugh!

1 Like