Official Oceanic Fresh Request

Ah yes, the old paid actor fallacy

I wish I was getting paid to sit here and be disappointed!

Oh wait, I am because I WFH

3 Likes

Yeah, I dont actually think its ok, hence the quotation marks.
It was in reference to some people in the thread who’ve been arguing its no big deal.

Raid times are legit the least important thing about OCE fresh servers haha, raiding with 200 ping isn’t fun regardless of the times

3 Likes

Genuinely shocked we still don’t have any coms around OCE Fresh. The state of this company never ceases to amaze.

13 Likes

“Community council for non-Aus/NZ”

Blizzard are the type of people who would have once dictated a certain subgroup of people sit at the back of the bus, they are displaying that exact behaviour toward our region.

1 Like

I’ll change the scenario but keep it the same

You go to a restaurant, there’s no tables for you but you’re still allowed to eat there.
You pay the same as all the other customers in the restaurant.
Everyone else dining there has delicious looking three course meals & it smells amazing.
You’re given a cup of human fecal matter scraped from the staff toilets.
Eat it, that’s your food.
You still aren’t given a seat, but you’re allowed to stand at the back of the room to eat it, where nobody will hear anything you have to say.

how goods playing WoW & WFH though

oh wait… we won’t be playing WoW now LMAO, at least we’re still WFH
Ashes of creations looking pretty exciting

1 Like

We didn’t have the OCE player base to keep the 4 servers we had thriving and one was closed. Why would Blizzard give us a 4th again? The reality is if they give us one there will be a reasonable number who roll on the fresh start server. Then like every expansion a portion will stop playing in a month or two. Some will miss their gold and mounts and guilds or whatever and go back to Arugal/Yojamba/Remulos. Then once Blizz open transfers the cashed up folks will transfer in and all the gold sellers will bring their masses of gold and the fresh start realm will be just like every other.

Don’t get me wrong, I get why people want one and I don’t doubt it will have some early life but is it going to be another Felstriker? Maybe Blizzard thinks it will be and they have years of player data to be able to identify these trends.

It’s great, haha.

That’s the thing, if I’m made to miss a fresh server experience, it will only be a matter of days until I could not possibly care less about this game.

I’m signing up for a specific experience that Blizz no longer wants to give us. Releasing a server in a few days after 1000’s don’t give a damn anymore will achieve nothing.

They clearly don’t realise how many massive games are releasing over the next few months.

1 Like

thriving over a year later vs launch isn’t comparable

Let’s look at WoW classic servers on launch, lets look at WoW classic servers now.
They had to launch new servers & even still there were queues.
Many played for well over a year.

5000 for 1 year is over a million dollars for them
they have plenty of empty servers up that they could condense into one & then make use of the others

For them to have all those dead ones still up & no merge taking place, it goes to show that it’s not a matter of infrastructure or cost, it just bottoms down to them simply not giving a crap about the oceanic region

Probably some anti-white hating staff members that think Australia is still a white country making the decisions

So Blizzard have done a deal with Aussie workplaces to stop us Wow’ing from home… poor form blizzard. And yes a lot of really good games out there at the moment… our discord is going a bit nuts at the moment planning what we are going to play instead. Conan 3.0 looks like the winner in the short term.

Lots of people didn’t like TBC… Most of my friends group love vanilla and wrath… TBC was just filler content… why play it if you don’t like it.

1 Like

lol yeah my old WoW classic discord is the same… many had planned to come back & all form another guild together, I had friends I’ve always played with as well & a few others I missed out on in WoW classic cause they rolled the opposite faction with another group of friends

In total there are easily over 20 people from my old guild & friends I know that were planning on playing & up to raid progression
I am one of many

Blizzard are really incapable

Bold of you to assume they actually look at their data.

Jokes aside, 50% of potential fresh WotLK players are not on any forum or in-game to make their voices heard and instead will just silently forgot about WoW again.

And the long trail of dead servers can mostly be linked back to Blizzards incompetent handling each time.

Remember Classic launch when they offered a small handful of servers and then released WAY to many servers to overcompensate.

They have no idea what they are doing and seem to just throw spaghetti at the wall to see what sticks.

1 Like

If the server is not out AND publicised in time for launch they will lose a fair chuck I think. I am still honestly torn if I will play or not but think playing on the US PvP server and being super toxic is how I will run down my 6 mth sub.

4 Likes

The whole point of running a fresh server is to entice returning and new players into the game, it’s a great funnel that many games use (including the launch of classic).

People don’t like joining existing MMOs (it’s similar to being stuck in a tunnel with no light at the end), that’s why they offer boosts every expansion. Any amount of additional players is a win for WoW, a win they (likely) threw away for OCE.

Just glad I didn’t pre-order dragonflight

4 Likes

Anyone new, trying to level on the US PvP server is going to have a crap time… “camp em till they quit” IMO.

2 Likes

So you guys can’t populate the servers blizzard gave you originally well enough without some dying completely but you want fresh servers?

Where’s the logic here everyone who liked this post can inhabit the server and you can have fun finding dungeons post launch (never)

The general consensus is that we all just roll on the US server and grief the sht out of the yanks until they come on here and complain about how blizzard f**ed up by not giving us a server

7 Likes