Official Oceanic Fresh Request

there is no way you get ping that low to a US server

show a tracert pls

Looks like wont get an answer. maybe we should lag and stop people’s progression until we get a server lmao.

I see ping like that to US from japan as well.

I am on average 120 to west coast like grobb/atiesh in the past. I go east coast like mankrik 210 on a nice day.

OCE is between the 120 and 210. Why I do US servers not OCE now. West side US is just the better option for my case.

Retail or classic. Something about data connects to OCE has high route costs for me. Its really on their end. As like said…I get faster when I straight shot it to US servers.

Even classic side. Retail I got as that shards/crz’s. You don’t know what server your pvp or dungeon would be in. the leader/creator of the instance is the controlling server.

Classic was pure OCE no links to US.

Changing ISP not an option. Japan telecom is a monopoly…but its not. We ahve man options. Many options who ultimately go through NTT on the way out of dataconnects in Mainland Japan.

For the older folks…its like good old Ma Bell back in the day.

Bell telephone used to the be all end for the US. young bloods who care can google that for more history.

1 Like

Which server and faction are you going to?

< 24 hours to release of something I’ve been hyped for months about, and instead of laying our plans and picking professions excitedly etc. we’re left homeless and disappointed.

7 Likes

LMAO @ paying for a sub to play on an off-shore server

I feel bad for you.

Are you still playing there if it’s based on east coast? 200ms+ isn’t fun haha

They went from " If i don’t get to experience WoTLK with 10 MS IM NOT PLAYING " to " playing on US servers real quick.

I’m not re-subbing at all & never will again, unless they realise their stupid mistake & give us a server, there is no point. There are free WoTLK servers hosted in the US that I can go and play with no sub

The sub is only worth paying if there are local servers

Anyone who folds to paying for the sub to play on off-shore servers are just gutless

3 Likes

Just cancelled my sub - have until Sept 10 to change my mind, but without fresh OCE it’s pretty unlikely.

Bizarre to think that I was considering a 6-12 month sub only a week ago… how the turns have tabled.

4 Likes

So disappointing, me and a few mates were under the impression that a fresh oce server was coming this whole time. Not sure what server I’m going to end up on, but they’re definitely not playing at all at this point.

4 Likes

Don’t sub, don’t do it
They think you’re dumb, are you going to let them prove themselves right?

Hey, even dumb people can have a spine and not put up with this treatment.

I know, because I’m dumb.

I think the majority of people would probably have cared less if they had even just given us any kind of response - bit late to do that now though people are already pissed / disappointed.

Hope at least one of the NA Servers is PST Based, if they aren’t gonna add one based in OCE. Good luck guys.

1 Like

If they told us weeks ago that Oceanic wasn’t getting a server, everyone would already be playing on Arugal feeling excited for tomorrow.

Instead they promised a product that they had no intention of ever providing and have burned 1000’s of players that have been patiently awaiting the product they told us we were getting.

Not only are we not getting a server, we’ve been robbed of over a month of prep time too.

Sucks.

11 Likes

My entire friend group were under the impression that fresh OCE servers were happening and all motivation to play Wotlk has been lost. Will most likely unsub if there is no announcement for OCE and essentially no chance of my friends returning to play.

9 Likes

Well you know what happens when you assume.

Wasn’t an assumption. They actually said in a community discussion that ALL regions were getting at least one server.

I guess they forgot OCE was a region?

7 Likes

Yeah I think pretty much everyone is in this boat.