Official Hardcore Servers

When I think about the idea of somebody pretending to be hardcore, but not actually hardcore, IT MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL.
STOP DIMINISHING MY ACCOMPLISHMENTS!!!

I would absolutely love to try a mode like this, but only if it was completely enforced.

1 Like

But when people call themselves hardcore, it boils yours…

What are you, the adjective police?

I just like hardcore because it makes you play all these systems the game has to offer. It’s so much more fun that way. That and it’s a genuine motivation to do the starting area over and over again which I absolutely love in vanilla. It’s just fun. Get a system down and see how well you can do it each time.

8 Likes

One death is a little extreme. Maybe up it to 3 deaths in a week and your character is gone. You can think of the extra in-game deaths as emergency trips to a hospital where you almost died.

I mean I don’t even die three times a week playing normal recklessly. I think one life for hardcore is the way to go. I can’t imagine a consensus for hardcore players being anything other than one life. But if it’s three lifes a week, so be it. It would be better than nothing.

2 Likes

What will be fun about an official Hardcore server will be the 60 content. I want to see how far people can progress in the raids without ever dying. I did the Hardcore challenge but didn’t like the weird rules with no grouping and trading. We need an official server.

3 Likes

For sure. Recruitment will always be open hah

1 Like

if it wont be a dead server then sure but i feel like it wont grow

In the end, they’re all dead servers. They become dead a month into a fresh. However, the only server that seems to maintain at least a medium population is the hardcore server, bloodsail buccaneers. So it’s likely the hardcore server would be the last surviving server that had a population.

This is because it never gets old. It is always fresh. Starting zones are always highly populated and bustling.

5 Likes

No problem with people asking though I would have to shake my head at Blizzard if they agreed to do so. It really seems to me to be antithetical to what makes a game a Massive Multiplayer Online game and reduces it to single player or insular in the extreme. Maybe Blizzard could make it a PVP ruleset and really have some challenge.

I’d play that!

Mankrik and Whitemane are both medium pop.

This is only a very recent thing because people are coming back because they’re sick of waiting for the next fresh. BSB has been medium before that, and it will be medium after it.

1 Like

Thanks for acknowledging your prior comment was incomplete or misleading.
Mankrik and Whitemane are both medium pop.

The rest of your comment is speculative and not based in fact.

2 Likes

No, it was a remark about what describes the situation. A temporary spike in population is not a trait. BSB has a trait. It’s medium pop.

1 Like

How many people/guilds are rping on BSB era? If there is an rp scene there lets here about it.

I could never trust my internet connection enough to try this.

I do support the idea of a dedicated server so no cheating, blizz could make a funeral video to play when the worst happens, along with the lifeline phone numbers to ring for support.

I’ve been loving the HC addon and community. Fully support a Blizzard version.

1 Like

and what rules would they use the ones that randomly only happen every now and then?

That’s not really a challenge, you could just die 2 times in the week and not play until the reset.

1 Like

Absolutely not. It’s hardcore, not softcore.

1 Like