Offensive names yet nothing done about it

ill take stuff that never happened for 500 alex

Yeah it was absolute gold.

I’m sorry for traumas you have experienced op.

I hope you have moved on and healed. My heart hurts for ppl who lose years, even decades consumed by bad events that happened to them.

If you’re like me, you sometimes poke fun at terrible things that happened. This comes a long time after healing.

Not a fan of that name but it is what it is.

1 Like

It is a latter part of New Guinea T.

1 Like

The toon’s name was acutually “Thelazypeon”.

I take payment in WoW tokens kthx.

Also, to the GM’s credit he wasn’t high and mighty about it either. Once the player reminded him of the NPC, he was really cool and admitted a suspension would be hypocritical etc.

4 Likes

Aaaaaaah did some Googling. Gotcha

1 Like

posted the same thing lol but yea this was funny

2 Likes

My kids are only just out of high school and they have 100 times the good sense you have.

Yes, I still would have. “Wifeabuser” wasn’t funny then, and isn’t funny now.

Keep in mind that I tell some dirty jokes IRL, but that name is around the bend, even for me.

3 Likes

its not quite exactly what you said, but I stand half corrected.

that’s whacky.

1 Like

Poor Wif Eabuser, guy cant catch a break.

2 Likes

Im 19 and i know zero other 19 yos who would care about “wifeabuser”, maybe “womenbeater” but really they wouldnt care that much about that either

1 Like

Yeah I see your point. Anyway, all good :slight_smile:

1 Like

My kids are 21, 22, and 24 and they would be appalled.

I’ve shown them tamer things and they roll their eyes.

I guarantee that if you don’t know any other people your age that would be offended, it’s just you and your small sample size group.

8 Likes

I also guarantee you dont know what your kids are like when they arent around you, bc how could you? Plenty of kids act one way at home and say one thing and act a completely different way with their friends.

2 Likes

I gave up on reporting names when I would repeatedly see people in a guild -

“Come Honor Face”

report them, and see the guild name days & weeks later.

Still legitimately surprised that I’ve never seen “Whale Oil Beef Hooked” as a guild name.

1 Like

Took me a lot of repetition to work that one out, and then it hit me.

1 Like

Maybe im just weird but im not seeing how a name like wifeabuser is funny, or nor offensive.

Just old, not weird no worries

First abuse is not limited to beating. This may be the first thing you think of but as a certain trial recently highlighted there is also verbal abuse, emotional abuse, dependency etc. I only bring this up because people tend to go straight to the worst possibility to try to bolster their argument.

Second you read into it a great deal of intent that might not be there. How do you know if they are not using it ironically, did it to raise awareness, are using it as part of their own attempt to heal from abuse (create the name and see how many angry whispers you get to challenge your assumptions that it is commonly accepted) or any other benign reasons. I was forced to change a character name from wench (historically meaning child or servant,) because I love the song Nancy the Tavern Wench and the idea of the salty title making salty wench is hilarious. I know this will probably get a lot of angry responses from people so let me reiterate that this does not mean that it is a benign use only that it could be and instead of just making assumptions we should ask.

Third, why is it anyone’s business but the person who names the character. If you don’t like it put the person on ignore and leave them be. What is funny (in a very dark way) is that you are attempting to control other people the very hallmark of abuse.

Finally in this specific case you’re never going to heal if you go about the world looking for reasons to be triggered and upset. See it as a challenge to your therapy to overcome something as small as this so that your better prepared for things that will cause actual triggers (used in the clinical sense and not the colloquial usage.) I know that is going to upset people but as an abuse victim myself my biggest regret is not attempting to heal for almost 2 decades. Those are lost years that I will never get back and I learned some very bad habits in that time that took a good deal of effort to unlearn. Challenge yourself to overcome things you find offensive instead of expanding your safe space.

I know this whole post will probably upset the vast majority of people here so I probably am not going to get drawn into a great deal of debate about any issue. Feel free to respond of course just understand I won’t respond further unless you are aware of the concept that these are nuanced issues and only if you are willing to give the benefit of doubt as to intent. Honestly I figure the original poster is probably a troll using the issues of the Depp Heard trial as bait or if they did run across a person with that name that person was trolling.

Before I finally hit the post button I guess I’ll leave a final bit to the trolls that will report this post (experience has taught me its going to happen.) Note that there is absolutely nothing in my post that is in support of abuse of any kind.

3 Likes

considering that in schools theres no such thing as discipline anymore this doesnt shock me. In the past if you joked about that sort of thing you’d get dragged through the mud either literally or figuratively. The worlds gone soft trying to “protect” the feelings of kids who dont give a stuff about anyone but themselves.

Bring back justice and discipline and watch as all these “haha genitals and abuse” kids vanish into oblivion

4 Likes