Of all the words to use, why twink?

I’ve never seen an explanation for this. Seriously of all the words why did ya’ll pick Twinking for that type of gameplay?

Because I still snicker like a dork when wow players call themselves that and it not meaning what the words really known for.

8 Likes

It was twink before twinks were popularized like that

9 Likes

Our twinks were a thing before the alphabet twinks were a thing.

9 Likes

Well the term twink is largely slang right?

Is there an actual concrete definition for it?

Selecting X for Doubt on that claim

A young attractive g…y male.

2 Likes

You can say gay it’s alright

It’s the truth, x all you like

1 Like

I understand that, but did the term also not refer to a relationship between that young, handsome, beautiful man and an older man?

Like in order to be a proper twink you had a sugar daddy.

1 Like

the concept of twinking is akin to pool hustling or a sleeper hot rod.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twinking

Basically you are rebelling against the norm of playing the game how Papa Blizz tells you to play the game.

Twinks are rebels. Bless them for playing the game the way they think is fun! :thinking:

2 Likes

The word has been a thing since the 60s when it comes to gay guys. Pretty sure video games weren’t a thing really back then

edit Correction. 70s

It wasn’t at all popularized like that, the word meant nothing to the majority of people then (and of course the majority now even)

It’s hilarious and I’m grateful that it’s the word used

2 Likes

I was just about to say the same thing. There’s also a word from the 20s to 30s that’s a British slang for a person that bats for the same team but it’s spelled with an “a” instead of an “i.”

So yeah, Rose is right.

1 Like

/snickering

I just can’t read that seriously XD

1 Like

Something about low levels twinkling in their shiny, better than you, armor.
:thinking:

If I remember right its because twinking was associated with using busted, shiny items that were blue rare or higher.

It was popularized in the 70s and it came from twinkle toes, the information is readily available

Regardless it wasn’t popularized like that at the time and almost no one even knew of that meaning, even young boys who would use every horrid slang under the sun to burn their friends

Again tho what does that have to do with the other usages of that word? Whyyyyyy do they call them twinks? Of all words they seriously picked that one

1 Like