OCE+US battlegroup merge PLEASE!

The oceanic arena scene is dead.

It was a nice idea to try OCE only, however the player base is not large enough to support queues and it has lead to only being able to queue in a few hour window each night. Inside of that window you might still sit in an extremely long queue at even 2k~ rating and eventually vs a 1400 mmr team.

Not just arena, even for battlegrounds this is utterly horrible. Right now upon making this thread Oceanic pvp has only 1 bg open. 0 AV 0 EOTS 0 AB 1 WSG. If I queued arena now all 3 brackets would be “unavailable”.

For American players this would help you too, as the overall player base for arena would be higher, and off-peak queues would be much better.

Please don’t let this continue into WOTLK, I know many players who have quit due to queue unavailability and many others who just stopped doing arena and log on only for raids because of this.

FAQs:
Q: Why don’t you transfer to us?
A: Our guilds are here, our friends are here, our community is here.

42 Likes

Curious why not just transfer?

bump,
because we raid in OCE guilds and play at OCE times?

6 Likes

BUMP this is a major quality of life change that is desperately needed in OCE.

please save OCE pvp!

3 Likes

Because there are a lot of factors why we don’t want to transfer to a U.S realm that are all pretty obvious.

1. Majority of your friends, guildies, possible alts are on OCE.
  2. Retail arena and bgs that are merged with U.S are perfectly fine so there’s no need for us to NOT be merged.
  3. Finding a guild on a U.S server for AU times wouldn’t be that easy.
2 Likes

They weren’t obvious to me, sorry!

I feel like I remember some threads asking for battlegroups to be separated from US servers during Classic, and people complaining about latency.

Yeah it was a minority of people who don’t arena and have now made it possible for the rest of us to not be able to arena either. I completely gave up when even during s1 of tbc you couldn’t que 5s outside of tuesday night, and that still hasn’t changed.

I’m sure it also killed a lot of other peoples motivation to que any bracket.

Also like I said, retail is merged with NA and there’s no issues there so idk why people made such a big deal about it.

1 Like

IDK why, but for some reason I imagined the people complaining to be on slower speed connections with older computers, and that there was a high representation of such people playing Classic.

Anyway, I wonder if it would be possible for them to add the ability in-game to select OCE servers or US servers when queuing up for BGs or Arenas.

Hi Blizzard, I rolled undead to play TBC arena with some IRL friends, we were all hyped for launch together, leveled together, played together. But eventually queues died down, we would queue into the same team or two, and my friends quit. So did I for a while.

I have returned, a stinky undead with no friends and no queues, truly forsaken. I would like to go back to merged realms, I miss the banter before gates opened in Alterac Valley with 5 OCE players stirring up the diverse range of NA players.

Yours truly,
Future race change customer.

1 Like

please merge Thanks <3

No, that was before TBC so no one was doing areana.

Please merge.

For people that are not familiar with this request - the most important thing to remember is that there is NO DOWNSIDE for this change:

If we are NOT merged, if there are no OCE queues, you CANNOT play.

If we ARE merged, if there are no OCE queues, you have the CHOICE to play - if you prefer not to play with US ping, just don’t queue - remembering that if not merged, there would be no games available for you anyway.

1 Like

You guys do realize the vast majority of OCE players actually just play NA servers right?

@Bynxy Do you have any evidence to support this? According to various population estimating websites, the OCE population would fall within the top 10 most populated classic servers.

1 Like

I highly doubt that

1 Like

We tried this already and you guys didn’t like it.

Please merge.

No, it got temporarily dropped on people unexpectedly during an AV weekend, without any proper communication from Blizzard about what/why/how it would work. Unsurprisingly, there was a big panic and lots of people (myself included) protesting about the higher ping.
Knowing what we know now, merging is 100% neccessary.

2 Likes

If more evidence is needed - I tried to queue 2v2 at ~2100-2200 rating last night at 9pm. There was ONE other team playing. ONE.

1 Like