[Oceanic Region] - Better Solutions (NO MERGE)

this is the move

1 Like

I had an idea for better solution to this issue,

Perhaps the mega server is located in Oceania, other regions can experience high ping, not for a day, for a week, not a month, not a year, but for the double the time we went without having servers on our shores with an acceptable latency.

Also, I remember when a CM called me racist because I didnt want to invite players from other regions with higher ping that would instantly die to mechanics in high keys(also language barriers but thats besides the point), its funny because in reverse NA would take OCE players all the same, they dont consider it.

THEY DONT CONSIDER IT NOW. TIME TO CONSIDER LETTING OTHER REGIONS INCUR HIGHER PING. CONSIDER CALLING THIS A NEW SEASON, SEASON OF HIGH PING.

Lose % of OCE market due to poor management, customer availability is more profitable long term than the cost of a few servers. We had phasing for this reason, this could have be regional mega servers with regional ping from the start sod hasnt been out a year, weird flex of a decision, I do hope between the fun banter and serious point of poor decision making on the companies part that they investigate further on how to grow a market within their business without giving a poor, selective customer experience to people based/from a region of the world that is not their own. Simply, I find this decision making to be absolutely rude, no offer of lower sub cost for this downgrade towards players of these countries. Shameful, not happy Jan.

3 Likes

Just use your existing technology so OCE doesn’t get boned. Cluster our servers or give us dungeon/raid oce ping

3 Likes

As if old school RuneScape can allow change of servers, common blizzard we want our Australian worlds and Australian ping

2 Likes

As much as I don’t like to admit it, he’s right about everything in this post. +1 to Elron for this chief. Good work.

1 Like

OCE hosted raids - minimum

3 Likes

Agree with post minus the point on GDKP.

Being forced onto NA will kill our OCE community, the idea of local server hosted raids is a nice idea but I think the world ping will still kill us off on a pvp server. I’d opt for PVE but it seems we don’t get a choice.

3 Likes

Nobody is forcing OCE players to merge. They are offering free transfers.

This is what you suggested all along. “If OCE players want to play on NA then they should just roll there.”

If you are so confident OCE players don’t want to play on NA Servers, then you have nothing to worry about.

3 Likes

Except they are. Character creation locking means slow death, because zero new additions to the server.

1 Like

They are disabling new character creation on other servers. all other servers will die from atrophy with the current plan. If i convince a friend to come play, they now need to roll on US, meaning if i want to play with them, i have to Xfer to US.

1 Like
  1. Allow OCE players who do migrate to NA to have the option to use OCE seeded servers for dungeons / raids this means we would still be forced onto NA ping for world but when we have our entire OCE guild in a raid setting or dungeon setting we would still have the option to play on 8ms if we wanted to.

This is going to be the most realistic expectation I can expect from blizzard as a bare minimum for forcing transfers.

1 Like

It’s not as though SoD is regulary attracting a substantial number of new players, anyway. It’s always running into a deficit.

Locking character creation is literally a direct decision to “FORCE” people onto NA.

We already know what happens to servers from som when they do this.

This isn’t a good solution at all the solutions i suggested promote oceanic as a realm and there players interests.

1 Like

Great post Elron! Well thought out and articulated. I hope Blizzard listens. Merging us with NA servers is not the answer.

1 Like

Overcomplication as usual. Merge both OCE Servers… Simple!

1 Like

Blaming the death of SoM OCE on server transfers - and not it being an inherently unpopular game with an unsustainable amount of players - is, as the kids say, cope.

Make decisions that you know are gonna negatively impact a region then blame the region when said impacts happen … that’s cope.

Make decisions that promote the oceanic region and encourage players to play here and provide workable solutions for our players and watch the server thrive and then if all else fails you do a merge and provide instanced oceanic servers.

There’s literally no downside only people like you trying screw over entire regions without demanding we get treated fairly and given practical solutions instead of bandaid fixes and lag.

You lost me at Penance to Shadowstrike, their will be a cold day in hell before I transfer to a griefing server.

2 Likes

Project harder. Is this your first time watching OCE servers for a game die? It may not be fair but it’s life. It’s certainly not my fault, and it’s not something you can delay indefinitely.

I’m just thankful that NA servers are perfectly functional on OCE latency, when so many other games aren’t.

2 Likes

Bro just wants GDKPs back so he can spend all his spare gold to gear his alts. They will damage the community more then they will help the community .

2 Likes