[Oceanic Region] - Better Solutions (NO MERGE)

He stole his ideas from me

Something i havn’t seen here, is that there is little benefit of merging servers for OCE players anyway. “more people”? Time zone means most US players are asleep during our Prime. Our prime playtime is 2am Central to 7am Central. which means we won’t get the benefits of merged servers anyway, AH maybe? make AH’s region wide. when you realise that most benefits discussed of merging the servers don’t work for OCE anyway, the increase in ping makes 0 sense.

2 Likes

lol he just couldnt help himself

You youngins and yer low ping gaming. Back in my days there was no oce region we all played at 200+ms. In some cases it was dial up. We were tough but everyone so soft now.

1 Like

Most players don’t want this they are voicing there concerns and even if they are ignored and you decide to kill an entire region for no reason.

We want oceanic raid instances on NA so we can remain competitive and enjoy the game just like everyone else.

+1 no merge

1 Like

My vote is for Merge

Bonus would be if they can do his point below

“Allow OCE players who do migrate to NA to have the option to use OCE seeded servers for dungeons / raids this means we would still be forced onto NA ping for world but when we have our entire OCE guild in a raid setting or dungeon setting we would still have the option to play on 8ms if we wanted to.”

2 Likes

A merge with the ability to get OCE instance servers for raids would be okay (probably the best outcome), but outside of that being available, the forced merger will likely cause most of the OCE player base to quit entirely as the OP says. I run a 20 man presently on Shadowstrike and 75% of them will quit outright if they have to play with US ping.

As others have said, it would really bring into question why OCE servers were created at all (and for future seasonal modes), if a forced merger with US ping for instances is the final outcome for OCE players.

1 Like

I’d prefer no merge and to keep going until it was completely necessary, but the above is the bare minimum i’d expect. If Blizzard go forward with this without trying to help soothe the concerns of a lot of the OCE Players it’s unfortunately going to kill our Community.

1 Like

They’re planning on including OCE in this merge as it currently stands, over to retail I guess.

Search FwoiblesWoW on twitter for the info on that

Game is unplayable on US Servers

3 Likes

Correct but he also said he is open to hearing “Strong opinions” this thread is to voice those strong opinions that we aren’t happy with this solution.

We do not want a merge we want solutions that promote a healthy oceanic server and if they are not willing to treat us as an independent region at the very least we want a tailored solution to ensure we continue raiding with oceanic ping if we are forced onto NA servers.

Forcing an entire region onto NA with 200+ latency is not a solution and is not acceptable under any circumstance.

+1 no merge

1 Like

Hey guys hows it going, Janhub here back again to post on the blizzard forums

Those who know me well know I dont speak up on silly issues that are generally rolled out without a second thought these days nor endorse people in general, this post however is an exception and has garnered my attention

To start, lets tackle the elephant in the room which is the region/latency(ping)

For the first time ever i’m going to use the region card. We are OCE, for alot of years on the main version of World of Warcraft we had to deal with terrible, awful latency and had to log into US realms initially, we then had our region open up and we did not have Oceaniac based servers for a very long time. The north american region use to tease and belittle us for our slower connection. I do not wish to be bullied in 2024. Going forward, tropes like “Australians we’re wearing weighted ankle braclets” was the common talk of the town when we got Oceaniac based servers, north america went from “haha” to “oh no” in arena, we were fiercely competitive scene as we were molded by the crappy ping that we were able to play alot better once we had access to it. We were able to play the game, the way it was intended, for many other players around the world.

Removing OCE based ping in 2024 seems like a step back, instead taking a step forward in the right direction ought to be the direction taken for these seasonal servers. Knocking back a regions access to a playable version of the game that we’ve been use to for many many years is a slap in the face, vegemite on toast no butter.

If uno is played right, this slide would be skipped in its entirety during the meeting of whats next for our sod playerbase, other region would want to play on OCE due to the ping, other regions have never had to deal with connecting halfway across the world. In the landscape of 2024 most gaming companies, indie, AAA you name it roll out servers for the OCE region in general so that some even customers from the asian region have a server closer than NA/EU to connect and DIVERSIFIES our ecosystem of a region so its just not Australia and NZ getting a horrid experience.

To keep it short, its simply illogical no reason to lose more money than attempting to save less loss, there are better ways at doing this, read some thought comments also left here by other individuals, Elephant down.

Lets tackle something smaller, a giraffe - ugly but it works

Whilst LFG is frowned upon by most as people like cherry picking their groups instead of forced to be with players for their dungeons, raids etc cross realm wouldnt be a bad idea for the lower population seen over the course of phases. Leader> owner of ping server is fine, but not 100% of instances, pvp NA ping. Allowing more players to play with more people and do more things and being INCLUSIVE in 2024 is a great idea, this slide should be put back on the next powerpoint presentation. Giraffe lives

GDKP - monkey Its funny, I’ve havent participated in on since 2009, but if people need stuff, why not let them pay gold? And before your inner monologue starts replying back “this would promote RWT/RMT” whatever acronym the kids are using these days. In phase two we heard and saw alot of gold bans (and alot of unfair and harsh bans for players that didnt even buy gold) and the implementation of the 30day new account restriction. That works pretty good, we see alot less fishing bots in menethil harbour, alot less mages walking into stockades, things seem good I personally havent seen a bot in about a phase. Whilst this is more of a personal preference I think it would be a nice idea to trial out the inclusion of GDKP for a phase and see how it does as bans for botting/gold buying seem to be pretty good these days. A thought experiment can look something like this; is running your friend or guild mate or just random player on the streets of Stormwind through stockades for gold for their time GDKP if they pass on all the crap loot / have it on FFA to make it faster and let the person buying the run ideal in any circumstance or is this just simply a grey area of SOD ToS? 9 times out of 10 if you want to pay a higher level character to do something for you (a service) what the person (serviceguy/girl/them) should be able to make the decision to pass, accept the gold or whatever during the level 20 dungeon without having to worry about losing access to their account, friends, family, guild members for 2+ weeks for just doing what they thought was “being helpful” to the level ~15-25 player. This is an massively multiplayer online game, we have a currency and as long as we the player for them"he/she/whatver" do not pay for this gold with a real life currency this should be fine. All other versions of the game are not affected by this as there are other games that are more profitable to RWT in. Bananas

In all seriousness we dont want mega servers that will mess up our ping, I do not want to go back to a slow american to get the last laugh just because some guy made a slide saying no more oce servers turn them off, someone signing off on this and not having the understand of what its like to play on a slower ping.

I want to mount my mount in 3seconds not 3.5seconds, Diversify us with crossrealm, EQUITY for us, fairness to all by keeping our ping, INCLUDE americans to join our server to experience lower ping. DEI 2024

Also Elron, thanks for hosting p1/2 runs of BFD didnt get me trinket in your runs but thanks all the same

1 Like

Fr Fr :100::100: I don’t want to be playing on American server with 220ms, screw that. Allow LFG for heroics/normal dungeon for Oceanic/US and be done with it.

1 Like

I think the devs need to realize that their version of a dead game/server isn’t the same as ours. We expect all our online games in the region to be basically dead until after work hours.
Take into account the small cultural differences between US and Oceanic regions before you do something stupid.

2 Likes

It’s expected and always has been that oceanic region in every game will always have a smaller playerbase than NA/EU etc.

What should be happening as the years go on are solutions tailored to accomodating the oceanic region and finding ways to encourage our region to grow while allowing us to still have a playable/viable experience.

They should be developing solutions that help us not work against us its a lazy way of dealing with population issues and its not something anyone should entertain as okay or accept.

There are numerous decisions/changes and policy revisions that can be made that would encourage players to return all of these options should be utilized prior to any merge and “IF” the time comes where we need a merge there should be a solution setup as requested for us to continue raiding on oceanic ping while instanced at the bare minimum.

The Oceanic Community has made it clear we are not okay with a forced merge onto NA with lag and we expect better from blizzard and for our region overall.

Hey, I just wanted to shorten my paragraph just a tad and just drive two points home

We dont want NA ping
We want to keep our ping

indent preformatted text by 4 spaces`

Preformatted text

`

1 Like

I agree to all points except bringing GDKP back, the community is much better without that. I agree especially on the OCE raid and dungeon servers point.

5 Likes

GDKP makes everything more convinient, and definately killed a lot of gdkp enjoyers

1 Like