[Oceanic Region] - Better Solutions (NO MERGE)

Even if they have to merge the OCE servers to 1 PVE server to keep up the populace would be much better then going to NA

2 Likes

This isn’t true they made changes to how materials are gathered and made multiple ways to obtain crafting/profession mats added in procs for xmutes and potions which had never been in classic wow.

They increased drop rates on gathering profesions some even give x5 there are vendors with boxes that give materials and next patch fire embers as well purchase mats.

Stop derailing threads you’ve been reported for mass trolling.

1 Like

I agree with all points, except for point 4 (GDKP).

6 Likes

Talking about something op said = derailing thread.

Its time to touch some grass brother

Here’s the link to the tweet asking for feedback, it’s from 3 hours ago, there’s another post sharing it but I figured the link may help too:
Tom Ellis on X: “@StyxWoW @AggrendWoW As of right now I was intended to include the OCE realm as its population is teetering on the edge of viable. I could use some strong opinions as I could still go either way. My thought though is an empty realm with a low ping is pointless if you can’t scrape together a raid team” / X

1 Like

+1

Forcing OCE into US servers is a terrible solution and not a good precedent for future seasonal servers. Why roll on OCE servers at all in the future?

4 Likes

completely agree, cmon blizzard do better for OCE

2 Likes

I will be quitting if we are actually forced onto US ping, it’s that simple. The game is a lot worse with high ping, you can test any time you want by joining a battle ground that’s hosted in the US.

2 Likes

please dont F*** us blizz - we like it how it is! THINK OF THE CHILDREN

1 Like

At least they are getting the picture now we don’t want some poor bandaid fix.

Keep it up and save the Oceanic Region.

1 Like

So many steps that could be taken. Please make use of some of your functioning code and ideas to handle this. No need to have a barbaric 2004 vanilla approach, this isn’t classic WoW. Keep the old RPG feel while having better quality of life stuff and modern technical solutions.

2 Likes

Just let the SoD experiment die and get on with Classic +. But being more realistic allow faction changes for OCE servers. I am stuck on a server where not 1 alliance guild has a late-night raid group. Horde have at least 3.

1 Like

Just need to keep posting until they acknowledge our region and provide a better solution.

1 Like

Jet fuel can’t melt steel beams.

3 Likes

Re: raids on Oceanic servers, world on US:

How does this work on retail? My understanding is that if the group creator is on an Oceanic server then the dungeon or raid is Oceanic-hosted, otherwise it’s US-hosted. Is that correct?

The next question is around how this would work if everyone’s been funnelled onto a US server. The group creator, even though they might live in the Oceanic region, would be on a US server, so how would the game “know” that an Oceanic raid is desired? Would there need to be a UI change for it, or is there already some sort of functionality that lets the game figure out which region you’re in?

In other words, are there technical issues with introducing this suggestion, or have they already been solved?

approx 3200 players acrosss ALL of OCE compared to almost 40,000 in US based servers. Yeh i don’t reckon they give a crap tbh.

a shared Auction house would be nice across all SoD realms. I’m sick of not being able to sell anything because we have nobody to buy.

2 Likes

First person who zones into the instance is the host so if its oce player its hosted on the oceanic server if its NA player its hosted on the NA server everyone who enters after are locked to the first person who zoned into the instance region.

It works like this in sod battlegrounds currently.

First person to zone in but it could be turned into a ui option where you simply select oce/na which would make it more clean to organize runs on specific servers.

It currently works like this for battlegrounds if the first player to enter say alterac valley is an oceanic player then 39 na players join the 39 players are put onto oceanic ping while the ingame latency bar will still reflect your normal world ping (i believe this was done intentionally to mislead people since it used to update to the instanced ping)

You will feel the difference between your usual world ping and having 200 ping ontop.

So the technology exists its currently in SOD itself in battlegrounds whether there’s other technical reasons its not in raids/dungeons yet i don’t know but if it can be done for instanced battlegrounds then it should be possible for other instances.

This is the last resort option if they refuse to help our region with the other suggested changes.

1 Like

Look i know its tough with low pop atm but going to na ping isnt going to fix it youll just have au players getting bored and annoyed and end up leaving anyway.

I dont know what the best way to fix it would be, but this is a season thing anyway at best what do we have 4-6months left after naxx is out and this finishes and we move onto classic plus which im sure a lot of ppl that have dropped off by the slowed down pace of phasing and release of sod content. As long as the releases are consistant i think ppl will stick it out even if pops a bit lower.

Assuming classic plus isnt gated like sod was and is a little more flushed out classic plus will have ppl coming back. As i think we all understand that sod was just a tester for classic plus and a lot stuck around waiting for the content to drop but a lot wanted to rush through.

But at the end of the day disadvantaging oce to try and save sod isnt the way to go around it.

2 Likes

Exactly what happened in som most oceanic players quit completely.

Our server would stay fine and even become more populated if they made changes to help us instead they are locking character creation and slowly strangling the server to death with free xfers its the only way they can kill the server.

What precedent does it set if we continually advocate for our own destruction of our region what happens when they ultimately decide oceanic players don’t care about having oceanic servers and start releasing new versions or classic plus without an oceanic server ?

Do you remember how long we were forced to play on NA ping having to use tunneling services like lowerping / wowtunnels / exitlag just to be remotely competitive ?

We fought for oceanic servers for years and years and now people are happy to give them up in a flash without even demanding reasonable solutions to protect there region and have optimal gameplay.

It’s very sad and disappointing.

1 Like

As someone that played Vanillia on na servers cos their wasnt oce and trying to be competitive in pvp and raiding with 1 second delay is just so bad, getting oce servers in mp or when ever it was amazing for oce, then seeing the differnce after they linked up cross realm m+ and such was amazing playing off a na host was near unplayable in retail high keys.

If you want to merge just merge oce servers into one, allow free xfers for oce players that started on na for what ever reason. maybe i dunno :slight_smile: but high ping bad

3 Likes