Oceanic Realms Inaccessible

Majority of players were disconnected at 2:56pm AEST.
Of those disconnected, on logging in presented with a black Character Select screen.

• Alt-F4 and reconnecting produces the same result
  • Character did appear 5 minutes after disconnect and attempting to log in presented a loading bar that froze at 90%.
  • Still producing black Character Select screens
  • Additional note: Oceanic players attempting to play on US/EU Classic WoW realms are also unable to do so, with the same above issues.

Servers affected: Arugal, Remulos, Yojamba and Felstriker (all Oceanic realms)

Update (3:33pm AEST): The people that did not get disconnected from the server have now been disconnected.

Update (3:36pm AEST): Blizzard ANZ twitter acknowledged issue: https://twitter.com/Blizzard_ANZ/status/1166947346720051200

Update (4:01pm AEST): Oceanic realms have been brought offline

Update (4:19pm AEST): Blizzard ANZ twitter provided tweet that they are working on the issue. No ETA.

Update (4:59pm AEST): Engineers still working on the problem

Update (5:43pm AEST): They are still working on the issue. No ETA.

Update (6:50pm AEST): Still working on issue. Still no ETA

Update (7:06pm AEST): Servers appear to be online.

39 Likes

Same issue for Yojamba

2 Likes

Weird there is no comment in blue about it.

3 Likes

Same for Felstriker

1 Like

It’s for all Oceanic realms I think

Ah also forgot to mention my character is missing

Yep, I had characters on Arugal, Remulos & Yojumba - all show no character count in the realm selection screen & when you enter world you just get the black screen. Similar thing happened yesterday too, wonder if they can make the OCE severs as stable as the US ones.

Same for me. Almost got back in to Remulos 5 minutes ago, but the loading bar got stuck at 90%

RIP my amazing WC run =’(

2 Likes

good to know its not just me, hopefully fixed quickly as i just got the wand from bfd and havent tested it out yet, anticipation is killing me

2 Likes

I’m getting it too, and I only just hit the end of the queue as this happened.

Same here, Remulos. Got to 75% of loading screen till it froze. Now I’m stuck at the black character select screen.

Stuck in character screen with only menus appearing no characters. Char creation down too

Same, got to the end of queue (or near end, was down to triple didget last time I noticed, and my character page is blank on Arugal.

Pls fix asap I need my wow fix.

2 Likes

still no info about this black screen issue ?

Yep black character screen Arugal

i am also getting this issue

Got kicked right as i was looting a 6 slot bag r.i.p

6 Likes

im scared to go back to the login screen, i dont want to sit in the queue lol

1 Like

I was questing then it looked like I froze, could still type in chat and stuff, so logged out, tried logging in to see a black char screen, reset comp and tried to log in, now no characters even on the Server select screen.
Please halp =(
Am Server Arugal