OCE Inviting Only OCE

Why is this the case? If it’s a ping issue then why doesn’t NA just invite NA, or SA invite just SA? It’s a crock of crap and you all know it. Ping isn’t an issue, just an excuse. Get it together OCE.

I have ping issues with oce. Also, language barrier.

6 Likes

I wish it would list the servers by region to make it easier to decide to group based of ping, distance, or language barriers.

3 Likes

Language barrier plus the fact one server cannot play leads to NA not inviting.

most oce players are aus/nz. they speak english. well, sort of.

11 Likes

probably because players from other regions are extraordinarily toxic towards them.

5 Likes

why would you want to be grouped with them anyway?

9 Likes

Its because of the ping.

They speak English, lol.

4 Likes

Being able to tag and filtering groups with the language they’re in should at very least be a thing.

I asked an OCE group that one time, and they explained: ping issues. But not so much for them. A lot of US people join OCE groups and the US player will get lag, and leave, and they have to pug again. So they want to avoid that.

I have played with oceanic groups often. I know there can be lag sometimes for some people on both ends, but I personally rarely experience it.

It could be a combination of hardware and connection issues. I have a decent rig with a solid quality internet connection. Idk.

7 Likes

I always take the OCE as a warning to me if I decide to join, not as an inviting-oce only tag.

9 Likes

Yea. I live in the southeast US. I live about as far away from them as I could, and I’m glad they put OCE in the title so that I dont join and realize 5 minutes into a key I got 300+ ping, and basically ruin it for them and myself.

4 Likes

Exactly. If I see OCE, I take it as an informative warning. Like, queue at your own risk.

3 Likes

OCE Servers are in Sydney now. Its just physical distance.

Its not as bad if you play from the west coast, but for east coast players like me, it means the data has to travel accross pretty much the entire planet whenever i press a key, so yeah 3-400 ms is to be expected.

1 Like

Frostmourne is the worst for me when it comes to ping. Have to avoid it like the plague or im running 500ms

people aren’t forced to group with people they don’t want to group with…

i avoid frostmourne for one reason only lag. it seems i play alot when they do and getting grouped with them in the dungeon finder so much thru the yrs taught me a lesson avoid it.

They’re all in Sydney so it makes no difference, Frostmourne is just by far their largest server so you see them more often.

I used to work night shifts during MoP so i was raiding with an OCE guild on Barthilas, had to call it quits when they did the data center change.

1 Like

People are allowed to make their own rules when they make groups.

Pings does matter and people don’t want to make their own groups, lag can be super anoying.

:panda_face:

I’d rather not get invited to OCE. The high point is very unpleasant.