OC group negativity

I’m obtaining a very questionable and concerning trend here. So, I have a quick question to ask, “Why am I finding so many negative attitude players/groups from the OC servers?”

I literally carried a group through a mythic +12 this morning. A mage was doing about 15k. I was healing well above the Druid healer by 2 1/5th. Even after keying it for them I was being called negative words.

Then I found another group attempting to do the same thing. I didn’t join the group but politely asked them, “My you please put Carry Group in the comments?” Immediately I was thrashed at for being polite.

Have you played OCE servers?

The amount of bull**** ping/dc that we have to deal with on a daily basis makes our servers quite a hostile place.

Just look at the responses from Blizzard on this forum, like 1 in a year.

They abandoned us, so we do whatever the hell we want.

2 Likes

You politely assumed they needed to be carried…why on earth would they get upset at your attitude lol No matter how politely you word an insult its still an insult, or is it ok if I politely call you a complete twit?

9 Likes

That is what I love most about our servers. We are basically the wild west.

3 Likes

Horrific assumption. Failed attempt. Anger obtain is 0%.

I dunno man. It’s always been like that. But your English probably isn’t helping either. I’d work on that. Honestly I usually keep chat bubbles turned off and ignore chat most of the time. I know it’s not great for the times when people are actually trying to communicate useful information, but I do get tired of reading constant abuse as well. Even when it’s not directed at me.

2 Likes

Oceanic players are just grumpy :poop:. Rushing around getting cranky. It’s a cultural problem with Aussie gamers.

It’s far more obvious in FPS games. Have used VPN onto United states servers - it was a much more positive experience, its super laid back and fun. Much less toxic.

I call BS. Yanks are the most uptight, toxic gamers. My Yank and Mexicano mates prefer to play with ANZ communities because they’re laid back. The banter may not be everyone’s cup of tea, but it’s always in jest. Joke with a Yank and 9 times out of 10 they’ll get butt-hurt.

8 Likes

Perfect example right here. So argumentative, so hostile.

I quite agree, wow is the last game I will ever play on american servers (at one time they were “north american servers”). Take a look at WoT, one of the most popular games still going, yet the american servers died and not suprisingly the majority of toxic players on euro servers are flag waving american players that like calling everyone else “euro-trash”. Toxic kills games, having everyone turn chats off doesn’t fix things and its just catering to the toxic brats by giving them control of the channels rather then stopping their poor behaviour. Reporting isn’t an option, I’ve reported racist comments and been reported for commenting on those making the comments, next day racist is still chatting while I’m silenced by the racist and their ten friends reporting me…great system bliz, protect the majority from the minority.

Perfect example of a Yank getting butt-hurt. I voice an opinion and because they disagree with it it’s viewed as being argumentative and hostile.

5 Likes

This thread has gone something like this:
american “you ausi’s are horrible people and so negative”
ausi “my friends and I find it to be quite the opposite”
american “see you’re replying negatively toward my toxicity!”

I’m not sure why but americans seem to think it is ok for them to endlessly trash every group in the world but say one thing is wrong with them and they cry.

4 Likes

it’s a known fact yanks cannot handle our banter.

1 Like

It’s fair, I tried watching american humour and honestly didn’t find any of it funny at all either, tit for tat.

2 Likes

Yup, agreed. My Mexican mate, who normally plays with Aussies, has been playing FFXIV on a US data centre. He said it’s like chalk and cheese. To be fair, I think we may have corrupted our little Mexicano, but we’re definitely more laid back and liberal in our interactions and language.

If you live here you have to be more laid back and liberal in interactions and language or else you won’t survive here long. There is a reason we are classified as the best sh*t posters on the internet and in games.

I’m based in Aus and even I know to avoid oce players. It’s why I went with a US server. Much less lag. Blizz totally screwed them over so they give no fs.

You can be as polite as you’d like, but you will always get a similar reaction. It sounds to me like you told strangers that they were not good enough to do content without being carried. You can say anything in a polite way, which is great, but if the content isn’t nice, you will not get a nice reaction.

3 Likes

Ever seen “white men cant jump” and “kokoda”
Classic movies,
Mix them together and u got Oceanic.

1 Like

Well you know, when you’re in a country that’s mostly
inhabited and 90% of the wildlife can kill you,
there’s a certain level of resilience that comes with that :stuck_out_tongue: