N'zoth in crucible of storms (spoilers)

nzoth has shown himself, he also shows a little insight to one of his whispers

“his crown will open the way”

he says this as The Tempest Crown is in front of you

also it seems like n’zoth eats you. i will leave it at that

1 Like

I didn’t realize we were fighting inside N’zoth himself ! Does this means that he is right under Kul’tiras ?

apparently, right under the temple of storms. i knew that dungeon sucked for a reason

6 Likes

He seems really big, I wonder how we will fight agaisnt something this huge.

all of the old gods we fought were huge, yogg’saron is the entirety of northrend

3 Likes

We’ll poke it in some random body part. Worked on the last two.

11 Likes

Hmmm… didn´t someone some months ago pointed about a supposed “Old God esque” maze of tentacles deep in the water surrounding the landmass containing the last Boss of Temple of Storms?

N´zoth so far has been portrayed as more cunning and less powerful… I rather we fail this time around tbh (he´s literally the last chance for a semi-decent portrayal of the proverbial Old Gods).

5 Likes

I mean, I’m still convinced that we didn’t kill Yogg or C’thun since we literally only ever stabbed them in the mouth/eye.

After this expansion I’m also rooting for him to win at this point, though. Bring on the voidpocalypse.

2 Likes

The thing is, it doesn’t matter. They’ve been “spent” as villains. “Kill C’thun again, but this time for realisies” is not a compelling story arc.

6 Likes

If/when they return, I’d hope their story arc consisted of more than just that, and plenty of other villains have made return appearances, some good and some bad. I don’t see why it isn’t a possiblity for them as well.

1 Like

All Old Gods are that Huge, what we killed to push them back was effectively just a Avatar they were manifesting to escape their prisons.

Beyond that, “Dead” doesn’t seem to mean the same thing for Old Gods as it does for mortal races. “Dead” and “Sleeping” seems fairly interchangeable; so with Yogg being shown to be active again in Legion, and with Med’an being retconned and C’thun being active again in BoT … there are at least three big boys that we could be dealing with soon; not just N’zoth.

As for the vid … Art team is still killing it by the looks of things.

Kill the incomplete avatars of C’thun and Yogg-Saron (that were the equivalent size of a pimple on both of their backs) vs having them both get released in full and dealing with them in their full horrific glory? How on Azeroth is the latter option not “compelling”?

Hell, the idea that the Black Empire would return and the ORIGINAL Battle for Azeroth recommences (if it ever stopped), and us mortals in our ruined kingdoms being stuck in the middle … would be SUPER cool! That sounds like a HELL of a twisted and fun expansion.

EDIT: Old Gods in their true form are so large they could literally be raids themselves, and with each of them representing various forms of madness, corruption, and death … you could have entirely different themes devoted to each one. Our petty “Battle for Azeroth” ensured their release, and we’re stuck in the middle of their Warzone as they show us what a real “Battle for Azeroth” looks like (while we desperately try to figure our how to fix out mistake and survive). Sounds good to me! :smiley:

2 Likes

There are some interesting speculations in this article. I wonder if we will hear about this relics again.

I mean we did it with KJ in SWP and ToS right? Regardless I feel such a plot is too late. A typical xpac has what 3-4 raid patches? 8.1 with Battle of Dazar’alor doesn’t do anything with resolving this dumb faction war plotline.

They should’ve just began a supposed Old God-themed xpacs with Old Gods instead of shoehorning a faction conflict plotline alongside it.

anything that helps to bring this dumb faction war to an end is welcomed.

1 Like

Until Tyrande or Theron goes crazy with light vult/elune vult shenanigans, while Genn and the forsakens does something shaddy again

it will start up again, it is inevitable

1 Like

well, i doubt that i will be present in that one if they use characters that i don’t care :p.

This would literally save the expac narrative.

1 Like

We didn’t kill Kil’jaeden in Sunwell. He was sucked down the toilet and thrown back into the twisting nether.