Number 1 Feral Druid in the World Not Eligible for “Tormented Hero” Title

The cutoff is 2691 right now but the number 1 feral in the world is 2673 io. Maybe they will have a really good push week soon IDK. But I think the requirements for this title should change - this guy is a great and probably the most tormented hero out of all of them, tormented by the players, the meta, the CLUNK. IMO make it top 0.1% of each main spec so people will be encouraged to get this title using non-meta specs

Compare to 168 balance druids who would be getting the title right now.

3 Likes

Just shows the lack of balance at the top end in M+. Pretty sure I just broke into the top 100 FDK, but I’m lightyears away from the score on top 100 DPS players.

I don’t know how I feel about giving these titles based on class/spec, but it definitely favors fotm/meta spec players.

Should be a title system similar to pvp if they’re gonna do this imo, but that’s also too much work for blizzard to handle.

3 Likes

Yep, I see you as world 97 FDK (grats by the way!)

I’d also be happy if they balanced better, but I don’t think they’re interested in doing that, so I think the next best thing would be to let people of non-meta specs have a fighting chance at these titles. The cutoff, which is about half timed 25s and half timed 24s, is just not going to cut it when there have been two timed 25+ keys in the world this season including a feral. Sure, they could get meta pals to carry them, but I know they deserve the title if they could make 2500 io as feral or FDK. I think there are probably 10 teams in the world who could carry in a 24/25 and they would probably charge thousands of dollars each key so I’m not too worried about that.

If the top 168 balance druids are going to get this title, I think the top 168 of all specs should get this title!

That seems like a difficult way to approach handing out the titles.

If they were to hand out titles to say the top 100 players of each spec, you’d have the 101-150th boomy with significantly higher scores/keys done than the say 40th-80th feral druids, potentially being better players getting screwed out of the title or vice versa.

Without balance, m+ score and raider io score aren’t a very accurate comparison of skill across classes. In this specific case, the #1 feral is probably a better player than the majority of the boomy players, but if applied across all classes this becomes* water blizzard doesn’t want to jump in to. Not sure which way they’ll get more complaints tbh.

1 Like

It’s fair. I just really hope this guy gets his title - that would stink to be the number 1 in the world and not get the title because they added a kajillion random things that made Shadowlands impossible to balance.

Not sure what is so hard to understand about the achievement, its x rating for it and that’s it stop trying to overcomplicate it

2 Likes

You’re missing the point of the post then.

3 Likes

The hope is - mine anyway - that with the new title more attention will be paid to class and spec performance in dungeons. M+ is really the last place remaining where the possibility exists that the spec you chose to play means you simply won’t get a reward like that.

I’d certainly like it if I didn’t have to work twice as hard as some other specs to just barely pull even with them for damage. Usually less.

2 Likes

Myb i glossed over the part where they want the entirety of m+ to be balanced at the top level

It’s not complicated at all, I think it would be very simple. Just give the title to the top 100 of each spec, courtesy of raiderIO.

I didn’t know there was an achievement for this…. Just when I thought I was out… you pull me back in!!!

1 Like

If prefer it be class based over spec. Being a die hard cat shouldn’t grant you a leg up. Which, as pointed out, would be the case.

For the example provided, because cat is an unpopular spec (you can place any unpopular spec in this place… Survival anyone?), you’d have title holders that are average at best, while top players wouldn’t be.

IDK that there’s really any way around that. I play prot, holy is nutty almost every season and this is the first season I can remember that sees a prot pally on top. In all those other seasons, a small fraction of me not receiving this title would be my refusal to learn/play holy. That’s fine, imo. The same applies for arcane, feral, survival, mist weaver, demo, shadow, sub (most seasons), hpriest (most seasons) and frost dk.

2 Likes

That is fair, on one hand, people who are the best players are probably swapping to the best specs, making it harder to be top 100 balance than top 100 feral. My hope is that the other hand is also considered, that top players will have a good reason to play non-meta specs at the highest level.

#1 or not no feral druid deserves that title, easiest mdps spec to play by far…He should try playing a DH and see what real skill is

I guess you haven’t played ret?

I think they are joking, I have seen them comment this in a few threads. It’s funny because they are also playing the demonic build, which I love don’t get me wrong, but it’s also what I would describe as the easiest mdps set-up in the game right now. While I would say that a feral with the meta set-up is the hardest - maybe tied with meta sin rogue. Not only do you have combo points and energy, (and four dots right?) but there’s also all that CLUNK! I can’t do it, y’all, but I respect it.

MM has some clunk too but it’s mainly because the focus regen is so weak. Also, the perfect burst takes five globals of set up so that’s kind of annoying.

Bro imagine comparing Feral to Demonic DH…Demonic is THE hardest spec to pull off in the game especially when u run Glaive Tempest…

1 Like

This guy is right

i agree man, Ferals out here living life on easy mode…They wont know struggle till they try to master DH

IDK man Feral can be tricky, not nearly as tricky to pull off as Dh though