Now we have confirmation that there's no 9.3

These ingame cinematic really need to stop.

The Garrosh thing was cool solely because of the VA’s delivery. The animation was some low budget trash.

3 Likes

I would be fine with a bigger 9.2 patch as the last patch tbh

1 Like

Right but they wouldn’t release that information early in this expansion. 9.1 just dropped so 3 months into it the talks will be about 9.2 which likely will be out in 2022. Which is also when they will release WotLK Classic which is the pinnacle of WoW. Then midway into 2022 the talk of 9.3 and beyond will commence for Retail.

The only big new project they got going is D4 and ALL resources are trying to deliver a great game to compete with PoE because they need too. I don’t see them getting out a new WoW expansion and D4. So the question is when is D4 released? 2022/2023 or as late as 2024?

So Blizz will live off Classic, TBCC and WotlKC then D2 remastered while they release D4 and then announce SL is the last expansion. They will do minor updates to SL maybe a 9.3.5 etc. Then a new MMO will follow.

I think that seems like the best plan giving the current state of Blizzard and people just aren’t hype about WoW anymore.

3 Likes

Its become clear they haven’t got the talent or resources to write or program their way out of any storyline. Lets face reality, Acti-Blizz was purchased years ago as a tool to make share prices increase, what they didn’t do was retain quality employees or writers, nor did they really care about that, it was about cash and share prices. the customer? who cares is their feelings.

that’s why so many streamers have out right bailed on them or flamed them hard …Bellular is an example.

5 Likes

Angry Grandma is the best :joy:

Please send me a confirmation message confirming your confirmation of my confirmation.

1 Like

I’m confused how this is proof of no 9.3. Like if you judged the story from MoP and its patches we’d have no idea how the story was going to play out. I’d say the same with Legion, did you forsee us traveling to Argus when we were in Nighthold?

There are thousands of ways the story can go right now.

1 Like

It isn’t any proof and what people don’t realize is they don’t have the resources available to work on a new WoW expansion at this time or the foreseeable future. It’s crazy if people think they do and they can just produce a new expansion in the next 2 years. They can’t. Which means 9.3 is inevitable. I still think SL is the last WoW expansion with the current evidence presented.

If they somehow do manage to make a new WoW expansion it isn’t coming out till 2024 at the earliest. So how would there be no 9.3 or 9.3.5 etc.

Even if they started working on a new MMO when they started working on SL, such a project would be 3-4 years out. You want SL to last until 2025?

SL is going to end 2023 - 9.3, I’d bet. And then we get a 2 year content drought until 2025. If that actually happened, I wouldn’t be surprised.

i’m fine with having no 9.3 when they state next expansion systems gone.

1 Like

“Death comes for the soul of your world”, he says as we escape the Maw at level 50.

I’m not the first person to say this, but I’m pretty sure that was intended pretty literally. Will he succeed? Probably not. But I’d bet claiming Azeroth’s power is on his shopping list. He surely knows by now that Azeroth is one of the most important worlds in the living universe, what with the Lich King, his (dupe) ally Sylvanas, the Maw Walker, and now his puppet Anduin being from there, and furthermore with so much effort expended by the Legion on Azeroth – and now that we know who was pulling the Legion’s strings, well.

Honestly my expectation prior to the cinematic dropping was him simply ascending through the hole in the sky above Torghast and starting to wreak havoc on Azeroth itself.

Wow bfa lasted longer then this and people still think im crazy for preferring azerite

That’s what people thought once we got monks. I wouldn’t put it pass them.

1 Like

You have Classic, TBCC, WotLKC and SL that is enough content to last. Also D2 and D4.

The old content being successful is the perfect solution to hold everyone over till a new MMO and other Games comes out. Activision expects us to play other Blizzard games these days.

Right and that is why there isn’t a new WoW expansion either. They have nothing in the works or people available to work on it. At least in terms of Devs to work on WoW.

Like I said there could be mini patches for SL like 9.3.5 but it should be the last expansion. It has to happen at some point and there is no better time than now since we got all the Old Classic games being redone.

Classic isn’t a solution as not everyone plays it. You think those will hold players over for years?

3 Likes

This is straight up what keeps me playing the game.

BFA and Shadowlands are just 2 straight expansions of Following Sylvanas around. but maybe we’ll get the Best WoW Class to ever exist out of it.

I feel you. None of the Classes have a Fantasy that Appeals to me like Tinkerer.

That’s not how this works.

You have no idea what you’re talking about lol

9.1 wasn’t even delayed that much. There’ll be a 9.2 and a 9.3, and then they’ll have a 10.0 release in the fall/winter of 2022. They’re not going to change a model that keeps making them money.

Even if a part of your predictions comes true and they put WoW in maintenance mode, that’ll be it for Blizzard MMOS. They have exactly zero motivation to make a new one when it’s a saturated and diminishing market.

4 Likes

In before 9.4.

J/k, OP is probably right, for all there is no official confirmation.

I got no problem with that. The sooner we get out of Shadowlands the better.

Except we just have to deal with what’s coming next… sigh, there’s just no winning is there?

1 Like