Now that elves are resolved, let's talk about the Wildhammer

DI Dwarves were super cool and all but still not played all that commonly.

The wildhammer dwarf lobby is powerful but small. Glad we didnt waste an AR slot on it. Hopefully they put in a glyph or two for yall though.

On Shaman:

“The elements of fire, air, earth, and water serve as the basic building blocks of all matter in the physical universe. Shamanic cultures have long sought to live in harmony with, or assert dominion over, the elements. To do so, they call upon the primordial forces of Spirit and Decay. Those who seek to bring balance to the elements rely on Spirit (sometimes referred to as the “fifth element” by shaman, or “chi” by monks). This life-giving force interconnects and binds all things in existence as one. Decay is the tool of shaman seeking to subjugate and weaponize the elements themselves.”

On the Wildhammer:

“Wildhammer dwarves have close ties to nature. Their society revolves around the respect of nature; many Wildhammer dwarves are shamans, who their society regard as important religious figures. Many Wild dwarves attempt to understand the meaning of the world in the own way whether it be through studying the Elements or going on great adventures. This results in almost all clansmen worshiping or holding nature to a very high regard.”

And someone at Blizzard was like…OH that profession that makes scrolls and runes.

Totem customization in general would be a really neat idea that hasn’t really been explored yet and this feels like a very easy window into that, especially with the different customizations coming in.

As much as it would be cool to have this be a straight up toggle it feels way more likely that it would be done via glyph, but I think that would be a totally fine way to do it.

Whether it’s a more “bronzebeard-y” looking set or an even more wild wildhammer set, or whatever, that idea is also easily expandable for slight variations on the different troll types and the like on Red side too. It’s a cool idea and I like it. +1, sir.

3 Likes

I always felt that the totems were Wildhammer totems that Bronzebeard dwarves borrowed.
Honestly I’d love for a Wildhammer Heritage set.

3 Likes

This reeks of gaslighting and brainwash.
SOMEONE SAVE OUR BOI

1 Like

Yeah. You prove my point. They have no ties to any Wild God. They’re Shamanistic.

1 Like

Read the cosmology chart

I think doing Wildhammer as a customization is a big mistake.

They deserve their Storm Hammers, gryphons mount and racials. Not to mention voice lines and such.

Not to mention any chance at druid class.

They should be a full AR.

1 Like

They can put those things in. And while I agree with your sentiment, the insanity over the High Elves is something I’m glad the children of Ironforge have not replicated. This is better than nothing, and I think we should push for the things you’ve listed here over the course of the expansion.

Wildhammer Dwarf Druids would be Great.

1 Like

I have. The elemental planes have nothing to do with the Emerald Dream or the Wild Gods.

You’ve clearly made your mind up, so let’s agree to disagree.

It’s not a matter of “making up your mind”

It’s literally what it is. The elemental planes aren’t related to the Emerald Dream. That’s just a fact.

Mmm. How do you see them dealing with the racial aspect?

Guys like you can never give the positive response. Only the negative. A race that reverses nature in the lore would love the Wild Gods. And tell me where the Shaman fit on the chart, if not on Team Green?

Allegedly the zTrolls pick racials, so they could do it that way. Or they could do some sort of “training” quest line in IF that ends up swapping a racial from the BBs.

1 Like

I like that. Wouldn’t be hard to add druid for Wildhammer and say they taught the Bronzebeard Dwarves either…

1 Like

I still say Wildhammers should be their own race so we could have Dwarven Druids.

1 Like

So you’re slapping a label on me why?

It’s not that I’m being negative, I’m just stating what is current fact.

Lol no. That’s not how it works.

On the Elemental Plane team. They’re Shaman. They’re all about the Elemental lords. Not the Wild Gods. That’s why there’s a difference between Shaman and Druid.

Dude… They can easily be druids. They focus on nature and spirits, blizz can easily have them get in touch with the Cenarion Circle, and hell the Kul’tirans don’t have access to wild gods either.

It’s not an out there concept.

1 Like