Now that elves are resolved, let's talk about the Wildhammer

Very excited about the coming cosmetic updates for the Wildhammer Dwarves. I didn’t know I could like my stout little lightning wizard any more than I already do. But you’ve gone and out done yourself. I’m pumped.

But the totems, Blizz. Please. Don’t let them be the BB totems. We need real options. The Wildhammer are the reason dwarves are shaman period. No hard feelings about the BB, but I need some savage mountain clan, Wild-God loving totems for these guys.

If the elves get 4 races and crazy customs, it would be great if you could throw us a bone on the totems.

21 Likes

Honestly totem changing glyphs would be nice. Even if it’s just into something generic looking and not racially specific.

14 Likes

Technically the current Dwarf totems are Wildhammer totems, it’s just that there hasn’t been a reason to make a distinction until now.

10 Likes

…Hi, yeah can I talk to you for a minute? In private.

The shaman totems for the Dwarves are Wildhammer totems. They’re clearly marked in the Wildhammer style, with feathers, which is iconic to the Wildhammer Clan rather than the Bronzebeard Clan.

If you want updated totem looks, well, okay, you probably won’t get those. But you already have Wildhammer totems.

8 Likes

I advocate giving them dwarves the ability to choose their racials as well like the Zanadalari. Instead of Stone Form they can get Stormhammer that stuns one target for x number of seconds.

3 Likes

Gotta agree with the others here. The totem is a hammer with feathers and stylized wings sticking out the sides. If that isn’t Wildhammer then nothing is.

7 Likes

:eyes: :ear:

7 Likes

By all means. Let’s discuss the banal minutiae of the iris for months. But when the dwarves ask for anything, let’s sweep it under the rung.

Fine, Johnny Textbook, then let’s give the Bronze Beard a totem. Are we cool now?

1 Like

That sounds like a great plan. I’m 100% behind you. Go one step farther and update all the old totems, make the Wildhammer one more distinctly Wildhammer. Give the Tauren something new since they are still using the same old generic Horde one from Vanilla. The Draenai could really stand an upgrade. Their esthetic has come a long way since BC.

3 Likes

They could do glyphs but anything more is asking a lot for a customization option.

This request isn’t going as far as the HE people who want VE racials and such completely changed but these customization announcements are slowly tuning into a “give an inch, take a mile” situation on GD with some (some) of the playerbase.

Agreed, but give the Farraki trolls Horde are getting different totems too then. Same with any other troll sub-race added.

I’m all for it, but I doubt it’ll happen sadly. Nonetheless, I’m happy we’re getting any sub-races at all, even if they’re not being added preferably.

1 Like

But you literally said it yourself, the only reason why the dwarves are shamans are because of the Wildhammer. An argument could even be made that when you choose to play a Dwarf Shaman that you are playing a Wildhammer dwarf because they essentially look identical to each other.

So… how about they just keep their current totem, and you accept that you already got what you wanted. Kind of like how families on family fued have to accept when their answer is already on the board.

1 Like

Wildhammer are also supposed to be taller than other dwarves. They really should have been their own allied race. Stone form is cool and all but getting our own stormhammer / gryphon riding racial would have been awesome.

3 Likes

The current totems are wildhammer yes…but man do they need a HD texture face lift…along with core tauren race.

4 Likes

Then let’s give the Bronze Beard a totem.

Wildhammer druids!

1 Like

I mean sure but do you think blizzard will allow a race to have access to every class in the game.

If it would get ppl playing dwarves that’s a win!

2 Likes

They have literally zero connection to the Wild Gods.