Now just have VE Paladin

I think that’s going too far, a paladin wouldn’t be a compromise anymore, and wouldn’t really work with the Voidelf story either, the lore is important, it’s the foundation of the whole setting and you should stick to it, for better or worse.

Separate gameplay mechanics from the lore.

They weren’t going lock VEs out of shadow priest because of holy, and they weren’t going to lock LFs out of holy priest because of shadow.

2 Likes

(Commentary): Fine by me, just make sure to update every High Elf NPC in the game to ONLY use options available to the Void Elves from now one. Dalaran, the lodge in the Hinterlands, etc… All of them.

Then I guess giving Void Elves Paladins is no problem.

1 Like

Separating gameplay vs. lore for something like a spec is one thing. Ignoring lore for an entire class is something else completely.

1 Like

Gonna leave this here; Instead of of complaining about VE we can instead suggest race diversity in the playable army of the light!

You seem confused. But only two races in this game are paladins.

Big problem, because paladins are only light. There is no shadow paladin spec. All void elves canonically are shadow priests. All lightforged canonically are holy priests. Priest is the only class to wield two opposite sides of the cosmology chart.

They’re not gonna lock races out of it just because it doesn’t make sense for them to use one of the specs

1 Like

Except The Void & The Light are polar opposites

There already is diversity in the races that can be paladins

Why can VE be priests then? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Shadow spec.

How come VE priests aren’t restricted to Shadow then?

Xal’atath hints in the Priest order hall that if you combine Light and Void there’s untold destruction. I don’t think Void Elf Paladins can happen.

Lorewise I don’t think they can be Holy or Disc Priests, only Shadow Priests, but obviously gameplay wise that can’t work

Again, gameplay>lore.

1 Like

Because they don’t do that?

I thought game play did not matter for lore? Cant pick and choose

So they can practice the Light as a Priest being a void race, but they can’t practice the Light as a Paladin?

Not in lore. Just gameplay. If it weren’t for shadow spec, they wouldn’t have priest as a class.

Sounds like mental gymnastics to me. It’s completely contradictory given the reasons people are against VE Paladins.

I’m sorry it’s difficult for you to understand, but I’ll try to chop it down.

Priest has a void based spec.

Paladin has only light based specs.

1 Like