Now is the time - Bring NB/VE Demon Hunters to 9.1.5

We want that.

1 Like

bla bla bla I’m right and you’re wrong la la la goodbye bla bla bla

1 Like

Scroll up, re-read our conversation. Those of us with a mind for the lore got bored of you very quickly. I just lingered a bit longer than i should’ve.

Already proven! Bye :smiley:

Alright gang it’s time to unmask this villain.
gasp
It’s “Why can’t undead be Paladins?”

I feel sorry for the fragile crystals that cannot have pseudo-knowledge confronted. Weren’t you already? You have already made your contribution, thank you very much for taking the opportunity to offer the various examples of what is possible.

Do you even know the lore of your class? I guess not, since your name ends in dh.

I feel equally sorry for you, lmfao. Thank you for taking the opportunity to offer your perspective on what is illogical and contradictory to existing lore!

On behalf of Lore once again:

“There are several examples of Undead Paladins. Sure they’re not currently available to players, but as a combo they are perfectly valid within the lore. They do not explode, and no physical damage occurs to them when they utilize the Holy Light.”

2 Likes

And I’m sure Blizzard will eventually change this again.

Less getting caught up on lore with Void Elves, more advocating for race options for the class with the least character agency 3 expansions running

This is not true at all.

The Light (or anything blessed by it, such as a holy relic) burns undead, for an undead to be healed by the light, according to official lore, it feels as if their wound is being cauterized, which is an extremely painful process. The light has additional affects on undead which include reawakening their dulled or completely shutdown senses.

Undead normally do not have a sense of taste or smell and their ability to feel pain is reduced thanks to deadened nerves (which is why undead can disregard losing a limb). All of this changes, however, when they start using the light. Suddenly they can taste the decay in their mouths, they can smell their own and others rotting corpses and they can feel not only the insects and other carrion eaters burrowing in their decrepit corpses but they can also feel pain to a much greater extent, meaning those cauterizing wounds start to hurt even more as they continue to dabble.

“now is the time - Rethink the title of your thread”.

Humans & orcs.

I mean, holy & disc forsaken priests do exist, sooooooo.

There is in-game precedent to overrule the lore.

Neither the Nightborne or Void elves were canonically around to be trained as a DH. You can argue it makes sense they could learn post their inclusion to their respective faction, but you’d have to open up the idea then that any race would have that same reason.

If there is any canonical group (and it would be a stretch even), it is Dranei and Orc given it was their shared world that demon hunters plagued. Neither has a good history with fel magic though. Even the fact orcs can be warlocks and not instantly killed/outcast is/was already kind of a stretch to begin with.

Yes, and they hate themselves because of the pain they put themselves through just to use their abilities. They are masochists, and most Forsaken simply aren’t on that level. The vast majority of Forsaken priests for example, are Shadow Priests.

Citation?

Citation?

I maintain elves are the most realistic ask as I’ve argued, but I’d be happy with any additional race option.

Waiting for a 4th, 5th, or 6th expansion to be able to choose a race as a DH isn’t acceptable to me.

The Light is agonizingly painful and destructive to the undead. Turalyon for example used the Light for interrogating Gaz Soulripper, causing him excruciating pain.[33] Ashra on the contrary used the Light to heal the Forsaken Felgrim, it was an efficient process but it was painful.[34]

The souls of the undead (Forsaken, death knights, ghouls, etc.) are imperfectly attached to their bodies; the dark magic that sustains them is a buffer that prevents their souls from properly joining with their bodies. This is why undead feel only faint sensations of pain or discomfort from most physical stimuli, and why the Light is so painful to their existence.[35]

When undead channel the Light, they do not disintegrate or explode from channeling the Light, though they may wish they would.[36] Instead, it feels to them as if their entire bodies are being consumed in righteous fire. Forsaken healed by the Light (whether the healer is Forsaken or not) are effectively cauterized by the effect: the wound is healed, but the healing effect is cripplingly painful. Thus, Forsaken priests are beings of unwavering willpower. Forsaken and death knight tanks suffer nobly when they have priest or paladin healers in the group, and Sir Zeliek really hates himself.[9]

There are reports that some Forsaken have slowly experienced a sharpening of their dulled senses of touch, smell, etc., as well as an increase in the flashes of positive emotions that have otherwise become so rare since their fall into undeath. Unfortunately, this may be the cause of the Forsaken priesthood’s increased attempts at self-destruction; regaining these senses would force the priests to smell their own rotting flesh, taste the decay in their mouths and throats, and even feel the maggots burrowing within their bodies.[36]

I’ve included the links so these are fully sourced.

2 Likes

Given precedence for other class racial combinations, this is fair.

1 Like

Great info! Still, once it’s in the game, it’s in the game.

Arguments can be made before stuff is introduced in the game, but once it’s in, it’s in.

Can throw in whatever book / wowpedia lore ya want, but it won’t mean much as far as gameplay is concerned.