Now is the time - Bring NB/VE Demon Hunters to 9.1.5

This is another easy win with simple implementation. The animations are already rigged. Other classes (Druids) are getting customization in 9.1.5.

Keeping Demon Hunter races to elves stays with the class theme. We’ve seen how easily new races can be retconned/given an altered scenario for a hero class as Death Knights have experienced twice

Please give our class the option to actually choose between 2 races when dedicated to a faction.

15 Likes

A Void Elf Demon Hunter would literally explode.

24 Likes

Void Elf warlocks seem to use fel magic without issue

7 Likes

Pls no more elves :sweat:

Let’s give DH some diversity.

8 Likes

But they are not quite as imbued with it as Demon Hunters.

Also, do we know of any Velf destro locks that exist in lore?

1 Like

I agree, but we already know they won’t put in the effort to rig DH animations to a non-elf skeleton. The animations are already rigged to NB/VE

Void elf warlocks do not internalize the fel, which is a major difference. They wield it as an external source. Demon hunters embody it. A void elf warlock is fine because it wields the fel on its hands. A void elf demon hunter would literally explode because it would be internal.

6 Likes

I’m sure they’ll retcon it for…

… reasons. >,> <,<

2 Likes

Dark Iron DH for Alliance and Vulpera for Horde.

This is a fair concern from the VE perspective, but this wouldn’t be the first time we’ve seen retcons to allow additional races for classes.

Draenei demon hunters. It makes sense.

5 Likes

Draenei and Orcs lets go.

7 Likes

We shouldn’t encourage retcons just to fit what we want though. Reckless, and silly retcons are how we wound up here in the first place involving the lore being absolute trash.

We should instead be looking for proper lore justifications for races which make sense. As it stands, there is no reason to open up demon hunter currently, much like there was no reason to open up death knight until this expansion. If the Legion makes another return and the need for demon hunters arises once more, then sure. But until then, this wouldn’t even make logical sense, forget lore sense.

Becoming a demon hunter literally damns the soul and infuses the person with fel. The likelihood of someone surviving is already tiny, and if you read the Illidan novel, it’s hellish on their bodies and their minds what they go through. Just making more because “Why not, bruh?” would be terrible.

4 Likes

Who says Void and Fel cannot be mixed?

+1 for Highmountain Tauren and Kul Tiran DHs

1 Like

They’ll just crush the demons with their fists. No fancy spells or nothin’.

1 Like

I don’t disagree with you. I just don’t see this as the place to draw the line in the sand. Death Knights were given additional races with a retcon. The two spec hero class with no choice of race could use some love - and not 2(+?) expansions away.

2 Likes

What retcon? They were given additional races because Bolvar had been raising people from the Legion crusade, and the 4th war. It’s detailed in the short story involving the four horsemen. That’s not a retcon, it’s an addition to the lore, which is why AR / Pandaren DK’s passive is Veteran of the 4th war, not Veteran of the 3rd war. None of that is a retcon.

Quite literally, if you make an original DK, it starts in Arthas’ scenario and has the class passive “Veteran of the 3rd war”. If you make an AR / Pandaren DK, it’s “Veteran of the 4th war”.

1 Like

Looked at thread title, and first thing I thought of was Now is the time for Helter Skelter :crazy_face: One of those creepy hippie Manson followers said that in the old tv movie from back in the 70’s

HMT getting those fel infused antlers tho.

3 Likes