Now Available: Queue for Battlegrounds from Anywhere

still broken

And yet FFXIV has one and has a far, far better community than we do, well on OCE and Japanese realms anyway, it’s NOT the tool it is 100% the players and how they act with each other, I notice a marked difference between NA and Japanese servers over there.

I am only using that as an example because it’s a well populated game with a group finder that has zero effect on its players, what works is the proper policing or reports of toxic behavior not some half asses attempt to quell the human urges off a game by not adding a convenience.

Everyone blames the tool including the dev’s here when it’s not the tool that’s the issue and we shouldn’t be denied this awesome feature because people can’t leave it in their pants so to speak, what we need is to be nice to each other, its 100% that simple, and if we can’t then a tool to report said toxicity with actual consequences.

No you don’t that choice is yours, you can go out and do professions look for some world PVP get some chieves or dare I say it some PVE content, you are choosing to stay in the city queueing don’t blame the game and systems for your choices

Such as?
love to see an example.

Now the majority faction can que from the Quest hubs and camp the minority faction all day.

This change should be for sub 70 battlegrounds only.

I actually don’t like this change. Doing this will lower the game quality, it just will. In a world without rated battlegrounds we are now at a weird limbo where we will get the noncompetitive cringefest normal BGs in retail without the option to group for rated.

big issue

I found out about this when I fell to my death when returning from a BG that I queued into the old way and entered the BG while on a flying mount. GG. Hint: if you’re going to return someone back to the same spot they were in the open world before the BG, return them in the same state they were in (i.e. mounted). This is the same nonsense that used to happen when logging out or getting disconnected while flying.

1 Like

There’s zero discussion for the OP. Read it and move on. No comments necessary. No comment will detract from or add to what the OP says.

If you are here for the comments. The thread is about something more important. Take it or leave it.

This is blatant favoritism to PVPers. Give us RFD or take away random queueing. this is unfair.

1 Like

If you’re talking H25 LK, then I think there are probably some ilvl barriers involved here. I am not sure you could do it in dungeon bis, but if everything was out and a raid team cleared naxx, ulduar, and togc before walking into LK then maybe first week? would be interesting to see. Maybe some enterprising raid team will try it later in the expansion.

They sent surveys about RDF so here’s hoping!

3 Likes

Where did I say anything about “taking too long”

The problem is, I could be on one side of the map and get invited to a dungeon on the other side and have to travel all the way over there.

Better just to stay central.

Where’d you hear that?

I afkd out of a wsg from UC and ended up in the barrens gy :joy:

where? I’d like to know, because I haven’t’ received it.

For some reason the game couldn’t figure out where to send you lol, the barrens gy is the default horde location

1 Like

There’s another topic saying the same thing so hopefully it’s true.

Nah, blizz will eventually put in RDF. There are three options. No RDF and Dragonflight sucks in which case the majority of current wow subs leave Blizzard and spend money on other games or entertainment. RDF and Dragonflight sucks, in which case people play WOTLK or no RDF and Dragonflight is awesome, where most WOTLK players leave for Dragonflight. It is possible, although highly unlikely that there will be RDF and Dragonflight is great in which case both WOW versions will be viable and may be able to pull more non subscribers back to WOW. It will be interesting to see what happens. People will not be willing to pay for WOTLK just to sit for an hour or longer waiting to get into groups. It is simply not a viable business strategy.

Give us both or give us neither. No inbetween!

2 Likes

I agree. If anything at least blizzard is consistent in their hypocrisy. Can’t have rdf because it ruins the social aspect of the game (even though it has been in the game since WOTLK and Blizz didn’t remove it from retail,) but we can have bgs from anywhere, which is literally the pvp version of rdf. BWAHAHAHA.