Notice Of Warrant Of Arrest For: Selena Ashfeather (RP)

Notice of Collections: Selena Ashfeather
Issued by: Lordaeronian Department of Customs and Revenue
Authorized by: Lady Assessor Jennifer Ashley, Esq.
Date of Issue: REDACTED - pending collection conclusion
Desired respiratory state: Sufficiently intact to facilitate games of chance in order to render appropriate fines, fees, duties, and taxes

Reward: Twenty Five Thousand Gold
Crimes: Unlawful transport of contraband, unpaid fines for the unlawful transport of contraband, unpaid postage for notice of unpaid fines for the unlawful transport of contraband, notice of unpaid postage for notice of unpaid fines for the unlawful transport of contraband, accrued interest for the above mentioned, nonpayment of taxes and duties for the importation of restricted goods, unpaid vessel mooring fine for improper use of a loading/unloading docking zone. Defection from the Horde.

Notes: This subject is a profligate evader of duties and fines owed to the People of Lordaeron. Betting placed on the outcome of her ‘dance’ pit fights has been selected as a method of repayment. Subject may be armed and in active defiance of shipping and transport codes, as well as may be transporting Sin’dorei noble body parts/tools for the obtaining of Sin’dorei noble body parts without the appropriate license.

Lordaeronian Department of Customs and Revenue

OOC DISCLAIMER: This is consensual rp, and all players involved agreed to this post. For ooc questions please feel free to contact Banshih or Ashfeather. To coordinate rp regarding this warrant, please contact Banshih or Ashfeather. This wanted poster can be found in Horde territories, as well as neutral locations like Booty Bay. Additionally, one or two posters would curiously find their way into Stormwind.

This rp is a part of the Dance Of The Dead event: Dance Of The Dead - Oct 21st & 22nd, 2021 (RP & RP-PVP)

4 Likes

Another day and another pile of flyers make it into her office with the rest of the mail. This time, however, Chelsea Brackwell made a point to circle the picture on a new wanted poster and leave it on the top.

"What is this one?" Persefani spoke as she picked it up.

Chelsea smirked, "Read the name."

"Selena Ashefeather…Ashfeather…Seems familiar." Sefi shook her head not really understanding.

"Sefi, call Staniwick. He may be able to get some intel there, but I am sure he will give you the same song and dance about risk of life and limb if he goes back up there."

"About time you call me Sefi… wait…oh fel, one of Blackmoore’s?"

Chelsea nodded, "Pretty sure you know someone related to their High Inquisitor from the Sacred Fire days."

Sefi groaned, "Yeah, but that was half a decade ago."

"True, but options. Could be easy money."

"Yeah, could be, but do I really need another…" She makes finger quotes, “…‘Kingdom’ looking into us? You should have seen the dull tin can at the Assemblage meeting, acting like I committed high treason for saying the word Pirate.” Sefi snorted and rolled her eyes.

"Think about it."

"And here I thought I was the bad influence." Sefi smirked.

Chelsea left the office but before closing the door, "I learned from the best."

With a sigh, she sat back in the chair but kept looking over the flyer. “Fine.” She pulled out a comm device and reached out to Stan, "Doesn’t hurt to check, but I am sure there is probably dozens after her."

2 Likes

“Twenty five THOUSAND gold?” Zaria slammed the poster on her desk hard enough to stir the large Alteraci hound that slept under her seat.

“That could pay for the whole reconstruction of the lower district!” She said to herself in a wanton, excited rumble. The dog beneath her now stirred up from it’s place beneath the bench to simply stare at the Matriarch. Clearly, the dog was disappointed where Zaria’s mind trailed.

“Don’t look at me like that.” She chuffed, and continued on with…

“We just ask if she’s willing to be handed over, we get the money; she kicks some keester in the fighting pits - or we go in and fight to free her. Bing. Bang. Boom. Think of all the refugees we could house with that kind of coin!” She tried to validate her stance to a dog, but the dog seemed unimpressed.

“I’ll call on her first. Alright? Alright.” She grumbled…

3 Likes

Meanwhile, Staniwick had arrived at Sefi’s office to listen to her plan. He had gone with a dark green tweed coat with a red bowtie where two crisp tabs of his white shirt hung over. The buttons of his coat were made of black onyx chips that been cut into their round shape and threaded with Silkweave twine that was imported from Suramar. The drone of Boralus rain lightly tapped on the stained glass of Persefani’s office. After Persefani made her pitch and asked for Stan’s thoughts, Felmeter broke into a rolling laugh. For a few seconds he was without words as he chortled incredulously.

“Sefi, some might say you have enough on your plate without having to traipse past the Span into the mountain country for a job,” Staniwick continued to smile, but settled when he realized Persefani was at least serious about broaching the topic of fugitive arrest. He put a pause on his laughter by taking in a cool drink of water accented by a Tel’Abim lime wedge, “As for Selena herself, I couldn’t tell you much. I only saw her when I attended Eagle’s Calls, and I wasn’t exactly hanging around after the event to glad hand. I was usually eager to take the portal or the Hummingbird flying taxi back to Ironforge as quick as I could so that before daybreak I could sleep in my nice warm townhouse bed,” Staniwick said.

“All I know about Ashfeather is she is a Ren’dorei who had a thing with void squirrels that Zaria would allow at Eagle’s Call, or I never recalled any official protest to their presence. I have no idea where she would hide, but Alterac is a very patchwork land that someone could disappear too… the Duchy of Talongrab- which, by the way, is not a kingdom as you air quoted at me. Zaria is specifically avoids any such titles beyond being known as either Marshal or Matriarch. It’s Talongrab, then Dun’Baldar with the Stormpikes, then Clan Frostwolf’s holdings, and lastly is the unincorporated portions of Alterac that the Syndicate like to hide in. If Ashfeather had survival instincts, she could hide in that territory. Otherwise, I’m not sure what she’s been doing lately.”

Staniwick gestured to the flyer, “Dare I ask what our girl’s been up to? This another rogue Scarlet running around up there?”

2 Likes

Persefani playfully pretended like she was nodding off as Stan explained the structure of those orange-spiced eagle folks. “Fine whatever. Still. That is a decent sum of money. Could fund the repairs of the ship from last night.” Sefi raised her brow. "You have to know someone that could give some details before I send out the operatives."

Sefi suddenly yelped. "Ouch! You know, I am glad we went to the goblin make comm system, we have a lot less risk and interference from the alliance channels, but must I get a stock shock every time someone reach out to me?"

She signed at Stan but spoke into the comm, "Yeah?.. Oh really…. Uh huh…. Lord you say? Well then, this does make things interesting. Thank you for forwarding the message. Can you let him know we are interested…yes, you can sign my name to it."

She looks to Stan, “We have known each other for a long time, so I won’t put you in any awkward positions.” Her tone clearly changed so she must be up to something.

2 Likes

"Indeed we do, Persefani" Staniwick said, his left hand rubbed circles into his padded kneecap, “And if I may give you some advice before you start rubbing your hands together, like a Goblin on bonus day. I would advise that before accepting any contract with the Forsaken, I would suggest that you confirm that they have the actual money, and if their paymaster reaches for a checkbook, even if its from the Bank of Gadgetzen… you need to laugh in their face. I mean, laugh out loud that we’d accept a check on this level of currency.” Staniwick shook his head, "We need to see bricks… merchant’s bullion, stacked in front of us. Part of me wonders if they can pull that kind wealth together. Now, I know you… and a few other people wandered into Tirisfal a month or two ago, but correct if I’m wrong weren’t a few areas in the city still flooded with plague virulent enough to scour flesh from Forsaken bones? Don’t give me a look… I’m just voicing concerns. There is a risk if we pursue this course, Sefi."

"If you want my advice? I think you should dispatch a message to Kora to look into the matter. We need to respect our autonomy clause in allowing the Battlemistress to run her outfit, so I would advise writing it as a suggestion that she and Blackwater’s Horde branch handle Miss Ashfeather. Our two branches could split the bounty. Our end could be used to knock out some of the bill for the Maverick II, their end could get them their first tradesmen or sloop class vessel." A series of chimes from Staniwick’s waist drew his attention away from Persefani to his belt. He carried a number of items on him: foci gems for his spells, commlink, a pocket watch he built back in his brief stint as a Gnomeregan tinker, and his signal device which beeped.

"And that’s my cue to take my leave. I have to meet mother so that she can disappoint me when she reveals her new boyfriend is one of my former classmates." Staniwick checked his watch to avoid looking Sefi in the eye while making that admission, "As for information about Ashfeather herself, I told you what I know. I doubt that Rendford could you tell much more than what I know, besides the thing about the void-infused squirrels at Eagle’s Call."

2 Likes

Sefi sat in her office looking over the fliers for the different warrants with an amused grin. She drew a mustache over Selena’s face. Then some serrated tentacles coming off of her stick figure body that was added at the bottom of the page. One of them was being yanked by a big shirtless Kul Tiran dude. Really, it was just some stick figure and a squiggly line, but in her head, it was deadly accurate.

"Chelsea, bring me the good bourbon."

1 Like

Vas’hara was cleaning his knife of blood as he sat by the campfire and listened to a barely functioning goblin radio attempt to play a Kaldorei lullaby as he began making a blanket from a deer he killed earlier. As the radio short circuited, he would grumble with annoyance and pound it. “Come on! Stupid piece of junk…” He would then take a piece of paper he had in his satchel and chuck it at the radio in frustration. Then he took a peek at the writing in the paper. Realizing it was a bounty, he would grin “A Ren’dorei? Sounds like fun! I’ve been lacking violet blood to dye my clothes for awhile.” At that moment. He would hear a loud scream of woe and words in a Kaldorei tone. To which Vas’hara would pick up his rifle and slide his knife into his scabard. Blowing a hunting horn and screaming back in glee to the crying.

“BAMBI! I’M SORRY I KILLED YOUR MOTHER BAMBI!”