Notable Differences Between Cataclsym Classic 4.4.0 and Original Cataclysm 4.0.3a

i agree this would be a possible compromise i would be okay seeing a discussion on.

1 Like

Void storage is literal Garbo that most people didn’t touch haven’t account wide appearances that you can just access like in retail is 100 percent better crying about literally nothing

You can have near 230 slots in the each characters bank you literally do not need more than that this isn’t not a real issue

So we start off with the wrong number of slots. Solid start.

Average player without spending stupid amounts of gold on bags:
28slot bag, 7 Embersilk bags = 182 slots.
Sure you can get bigger bags like the illusionary in cata for an unknown amount of gold, that caps you out at 210. These bags also take 8 dreamcloth which will take some time and also takes away from making gear and gold.

This is an individual character issue. Can’t move the items to another character to free up room.

You don’t get to decide what items I want to hold onto unless you feel like paying my sub fee. Lets get that right.

Fixed that for you.

Lastly:

Show me where on this doll voidstorage touched you. If you don’t want to use a system you don’t need to. You do NOT speak for everyone.

3 Likes

Neither do you. Vast majority of players don’t care or are unaffected by void storage not existing. Blizzard listening to us isn’t a personal sleight against you.

You guys are literally like bad directors trying to put a books source material on screen. Stop making changes and put cataclysm out. Stop changing things and put CATACLYSM in our hands to play. STOP CHANGING THINGS

2 Likes

Never claimed I did. Just advocating for a system that benefits others as well as myself.

The person I quoted said no one needs that extra space. He is literally trying to speak for everyone.

Who exactly is blizzard listening to? Who said to remove it? Sounds like those who wish it to be gone are speaking for everyone.

Again, if you are unaffected by the system, you don’t need to use it and therefor can safely ignore that its in or out. The removal of a system that has some benefit for someone is always the wrong choice.

3 Likes

I hate this. I hate all of it. Gonna go take my usual handful of antidepressants, and sleep my way through cata, and wake up for MoP.

1 Like

Blizzard puts out surveys all the time. One of those surveys listed things one is excited about for Cata Classic. Void Storage was on that list. They looked at data and probably saw 1% of respondents checked VS and realized it’d be a waste of dev resources.

Edit: no system was removed because no system was added. VS doesn’t exist in Classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFGXJOrGj3o

3 weeks ago, Cata beta footage shows Void storage npc was in. They literally spent time and dev resources removing something that was in. During the development they removed the function of void storage. Wowhead posted the string changes for this back at the start of March. It was there during initial development. This wasn’t just a case of gm’s removing an npc. This was a systems change during the dev cycle that broke and removed void storage. They spent time and resources removing something.

I’m done here, You clearly don’t understand what you are talking about and its pointless to continue this.

6 Likes

If you can’t visualize the difference between adding and removing an NPC, which any GM can do let alone a dev, and getting a system so few people use that there are retail forum posts monthly with new players asking what VS is to work in Classic then you aren’t stable enough to have this discussion.

I like void storage for the ability to hang on to items that I cannot get anymore. It doesn’t feel the same to tmog a Thunderfury rather than equip it
also, it would be nice if the reagent tab was added to our banks to hold stuff there to make room since there is no void storage.

2 Likes

Removing the guild perks is completely unacceptable, what the hell is blizzard thinking???
It’s one of the main things everyone was looking forward to, my guild has been preparing for weeks to level the guild as fast as possible.
@blizzard please stop sabotaging your own games!!!

3 Likes

Void storage is not a massive deal to me, but clearly some people were looking forward to it, as evident by this thread.

What is with people like you who rudely try to squelch voices while essentially shilling for a company?

As for the “there aren’t many devs on the Classic” thing that may be true, but when 95% of the Classic devs time and passion is spent on something as useless and time wasting as constant class changes for SoD, getting upset about a wanted feature in Cata no longer being there is reasonable.

7 Likes

Let’s all not forget how Blizzard botched the end of Season 8 and arena point conversions as they continue to dip, dive, and dodge the issue of forking it’s player base again and again.

6 Likes

I am so disappointed in the removal of Void Storage.

I collect shields on my paladin and thematic gear on my death knight.

I was hoping to be able to put these things in void storage to hold onto them.

Now my bank is still going to be clogged with all these items, cause I’m not getting rid of them.

4 Likes

Confused. It was the person I responded to who first used “you don’t speak for everyone” and I’m the rude one?

Ugh this is so disingenuous. Rather than own up to bugs that you didn’t have time to fix you frame it as “features” that are “different”.

Can you just be honest and transparent for once? I for one would have much preferred a blue post that said “hey guys, pre-patch is coming, but we wanted you to be aware of a few lingering bugs that still persist. We are doing our best to fix these as soon as possible
”

4 Likes

Wait so the Wrath live client just got updated to the 54881 build that is on the Beta/PTR. So
 most classes still have class breaking bugs and this will launch in that state? WTF lol
 that’s literally warcraft 3 reforged levels of incompetence.

4 Likes

omg
 I just noticed that. This is sad. lol Better log on my druid and start flying around while I can to pick flowers since they can fly on ptr in the old world while no one else can.

Edit - Bah, just checked PTR and this has been fixed but soooooo many other major bugs and issues.

2 Likes