Notable Differences Between Cataclsym Classic 4.4.0 and Original Cataclysm 4.0.3a

SoD isn’t getting those resources either lmao

We’re still getting a trickle of fixes/changes once per week, feels like a single intern is managing the entire project

the notable differences was originally cata wasnt a mess… this time around yall just didn’t do any work

1 Like

I’d say you’re remembering Cata 2010 through rose tinted glasses.

I didn’t participate in beta back then, but heard horror stories from guildies.
And after launch, I eventually got sick of submitting bug reports.
The “support” team clearly had absolutely no idea what was going on in the game.
It was as if they worked for an entirely different company.
And they seemed overwhelmed with the backlog of reports.

PLEASE return the guild system to something closer to what it was in original Cataclsym. Some of my fondest memories were of working with guild mates to increase the guild level and unlock new perks. I understand your concerns with Cash Flow and Have Group will Travel, but the removal of guild levels is SO depressing…

I also distinctly remember the devs saying they’d replace the loss of the money perk with new ways of making money. The instanced content gold system from retail is not good, PLEASE consider expanding the ways that guild members can earn their guild money.

3 Likes

Removing Have Group, Will Travel is so lame. It’s Classic, don’t remove fun things that don’t exist in retail anymore.

2 Likes

I am playing classic wow for experiencing stories and events I missed the first time. Why should I keep playing if we start skipping them now :frowning:

5 Likes

it is getting all the resources for p4 comming in a months.sod and cata has the same devs.they are working on p4 and new raids since p1 started so everything else is neglected.this is know since the main dev posted this in his twitter some time ago.

the main problem is blizzard uses a legion client for their classic realms,not the actual ones from those years ago.so there are many issues to fix that they neglect since they lack manpower and those same devs work on sod/classic and retail at the same time.

Please just delay release. Leave us on prepatch a while and clean up Cata for release. Better delayed and polished than rushed and bad. Players just want to have fun with the game. It’s classic content it’s okay to pace release slower.

1 Like

Bring back void storage please, I am begging

I was debating whether or not to buy The War Within. Well I think this Cata classic Launch has decided it for me. You guys are not letting your eggs cook long enough and they are coming out soft boiled. So nope I will not be buying The war within. And for the Fanboys blaming everyone other than blizzard for this you are wrong. It is blizzards fault. No prepatch phase quests. So many bugs in game most of it is unplayable. Next time think before rushing to release. They probably dropped the wrong patch on the the 30th.

4 Likes

Actually yes there were a few bugs. But back then they had hotfixes coming out every day for a week and you still got to experience the prepatch phase quests.
This one has none of the quests and all the bugs plus some. And hotfixes every once in a blue moon. They are always having a backlog of reports.
Hell they sent me an automated response giving me work arounds and then had me take a gm survey.

Ps As Deathwing approaches. whoops no deathwing in site.

“Legion version (as baseline)” doesn’t explain why they failed to implement full size stables for hunter pets in pre-patch.

Yes, I’m aware that they haven’t ever released the exact same code branch as any xpac’s original version during the Classic’s run.
And they have been mixing the more modern graphics engines and scripting systems with the legacy content and rules.
Which is precisely why they have an actual dev team in the first place.

But they do have a stable baseline of Cata they can refer to.
They have everything they need to release a stable game this time round provided they don’t rush it.
They certainly don’t have (or at least shouldn’t have) the same marketing pressure as back in 2010. (It was a TERRIBLE excuse to release prematurely back then, and an ever worse excuse now.)

However, they can’t even release a complete version of the game when you look at the features they’ve cut.
(And NO saying hunters will only get their full size stables on full xpac release does NOT condone it being cut from pre-patch. When release comes around what should hunters do? Should they pause levelling to 85, now that they can finally expand their collection of pets?)

1 Like

it does cause they get a legion client then backtrack it so everything breaks.the main issue is the same devs work for sod + classic + retail and classic is in the end of the priorities atm.

Lame. Got to run to a stable master, cage a pet just to go tame a new one lol.

My guess later lol. Make things more annoying than fun gotcha.

You guys should turn the backpack bag into 36 slot to account for the increase in drops. It would be helpful for other reasons too.

1 Like

As deathwing approaches. I think that we should get some freakin permanent wrath era realms to transfer to.

Pvp rewards were not removed till end of expac and blizzard just annouced they are moving them patch 1 of cata

Please no

Ive been saving things in my Bank since the beginning of Classic as i have always Done ! And Planed on putting it in Void Storage as soon as Classic Cata showed up … now your just gonna pretend its not wanted or useful. The original Idea of Void Storage was and i Quote " to save the items you have collected along the way of your Journeys ! " Not anything Mog related … so how is your Excuse that its not needed for Transmog … people like to collect things in the game … its one of the reasons we play … Thanks Blizz … Ugggg !

2 Likes