Not understand the point of cosmic flux

Blizz: This currency is going to be hard to get!
Player: BOO!!!
Blizz: Fine, currency for everyone easily!
Player: BOO!!!

7 Likes

its essentially a useless currency. im not complaining about how ez it is to get, just how there’s literally nothing to spend it on.

I guess you have multiple options to upgrade your legendary. Its better to have more then less. And your gonna wanna use it as bad rng protection for tier pieces and xmog. Just wait until crafters unlock the next legendary crafting.

2 Likes

Some people are just never happy and they’re outraged by everything.

4 Likes

With the dozens of other useless currencies inhabiting my currencies pane, throwing one more on the pile temporarily isn’t really a problem.

Blizz really should consolidate a bunch of the old xpac currencies though. No reason to still have stuff from literally a decade ago still sitting in there, just convert all the old currency stuff to plain gold.

Why people complain about having to much of a currency is beyond me

Just ignore it if you have more than you need. Not like it takes up bag space. I s literally just a number on your currency tab.

3 Likes

I’m sorry… are we actually outraged that something isn’t a grind, we earn it passively to use later, and it doesn’t take up bag space?

2 Likes

Blizz: Makes horrible expansion.
You: This is fine.

“That Goldilocks was just a big whiner. She should have settled for a hard bed”.

There’s a middle-ground where the currency feels rewarding to obtainable without being a mind-numbing grind.

The problem is that it is handed out to us as a reward, like we kill a boss and our reward for killing the boss and not getting loot is… dust from under the couch. That doesn’t feel good.

Flux should at the very least have some sort of sink. I expect 9.2.5 will add a sink of some sort, not sure exactly what that might be right now though. We already see Blizzard heading in that direction by letting you buy Nathria memories from the raid. Maybe we’ll buy 278 conduits as well as sockets with Flux later, I dunno.

They should let us buy one or both of these with Flux:

1. Progenitor Essentia

2. Genesis Motes

2 Likes

And 262 leggos.

I think Genesis Motes make the most sense long-term.

Man those things are a grind. You get the patterns and lattices and other rare stuff, but then Genesis Motes are a massive block that leaves all the rest of it just clogging up our bags.

1 Like

Is that the thing you need 300 of to craft a battle pet or mount?

I guess that’s fine if you care about that. Personally I’d prefer something a bit more tangible, but meh. I guess we’ll see what they do. I expect this to be a long patch and I’m hoping that build in more alt-catch-up mechanics - removing the grinds has been a step in the right direction at least though.

You need 500 per :sob:

Mounts and pets are more tangible in the long run because unless gear they are not replaced in the next patch or xpac. Plus you can sell the pets, not sure about the mounts so the value they have is even better.

1 Like

I mean tangible in the sense that they produce gameplay moments.

I have a number of alts that I don’t really feel like playing when they’re so undergeared. Rank 3 leggos are really bad even just compared to Rank 6 let alone Rank 7. Currently trying to keep my Shammy, Bear, and Prot Warrior up to date, but I would like to be able to play more at the level of content I enjoy playing.

I maintain that buying rank 6 leggos with Flux would be a good thing, but I guess we’ll see what happens.

Everything to do with it is timegated because the dev team forgot their brain cells at the door this expansion

Can we not complain about having too much of something we need to craft things? Can’t remember a time when that happened other than flux.

We need sockets and conduit upgrades for Cosmic Flux. It feels really bad upgrading a socketed S2 item knowing there is currently no way to add a socket to said upgrade.

1 Like

This points more to the bigger issues with Shadowlands, the systems. With legendaries Blizzard set up a system with rich players acquire power faster or become richer. So normal end players end up grinding away to keep up or buying outside sources of gold, tokens and etc. Letting people buy rank 6 would upset this balance, rich players will but upset about income drying up. Players that brought outside sources of gold will be upset do to wasted money. Now people like yourself with many alts will be happy but is your group in the majority?

Greed is really want lead to this because I willing to back that Blizzard wanted to drive up token sales. They know about how much gold the average WoW player has. The current system was expensive to level up and continues to be expensive to keep up. If you don’t have the gold either you farm or buy it. This is also why we are seeing more threads about AH pvp.